• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Cyberpunk 2077 Get Delayed (again)?

• Yes

Votes: 486 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 327 40.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nah, the holiday window is gold this year. i wouldn't mind though, and they should take as long as they need.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Won't be surprised, but I have *some* hope it will hit November with what we learned about where the game is at today.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I think 2021 is getting more likely, but I also kind of think if they really needed it, they would have just pushed it back to 2021. It seems they aren't too concerned about the time frame, at least based on their investors meetings if that's true. So, who knows.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should stop giving us release dates until they know the game is about to go gold. I just don't see the point of announcing release dates if you're not completely sure the game will truly be done by then. I do think it'll release in November, just in time for PS5 and Xbox Series X, but I won't be surprised if there's yet another delay.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
the GPU creators need Cyberpunk 2077 to drive sales of the cards and vice versa...since both AMD and Nvidia are releasing next-gen cards this Fall they need Cyberpunk to come out a few weeks after the new GPU's...November 2020 is good but February 2021 might be better...Fall/Winter 2020 is stacked with really amazing hardware launches- Ampere, Big Navi, Zen 3, Rocket Lake S...so CDPR needs to figure out the optimal time to maximize profits

there's a reason the original release date was April 2020...CDPR did not want to release the game during the busy holiday season...April 2021 might be the perfect launch date but Elden Ring might also come out during that time which muddies the waters

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Huh, I see that I made the right choice in that previous poll.

Judging by their wordings from today's announcement, seems like the game is ready, but they still have lots of balancing and bug fixing. There's plenty of time until Novemeber, so I'm calling it's the final date this time.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
April 29th 2021.

Also, fix your poll OP. The question doesn't match the thread title. So you're getting people voting wrongly.

OP
OP
GamerDude

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Terrible move. This usually just gets inaccurate results because people don't give a shit to pass your "attention check" properly.

It's not a "terrible move". This isn't serious enough for me to be concerned about scientific results, and it's already worth it to me seeing some of the reactions. I'll trust that most people read the 1 sentence above the poll.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
I voted no mostly because I want it to be no. But I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Edit: Whoops. Fell for the old thread-title/poll switcharoo. Changed it to YES.

OP
OP
GamerDude

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seriously though, I didn't expect people to get THIS bent out of shape over the poll. I'll ask a mod if they can change it.

Oct 31, 2017
Well, back to the question: maybe it will, maybe it won't.
I don't even think this last two months delay was because the game is not finished.
It was most likely more related to some strategy/marketing choice (i.e. waiting for some hardware to be available on the market, for instance? Both new consoles, Nvidia new GPUs and new AMD CPUs are expected for this Autumn).

And when it comes to "fixing bugs", for a project of this complexity I don't expect that to stop for a good full year AFTER release, anyway.

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
Cji-EVKXEAAoUnf.jpg

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
LOL I had to change my vote again to do the opposite option now that the poll changed

I'm not even mad

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017
It's possible that this final delay was just caused by the shift to WFH. Maybe that would cause another. It is hard to predict right now.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, it actually was done 100% on purpose. Making sure you are paying attention. And having some fun.

Why even have a poll?

The Witcher 3 had a LOT of QOL updates. I'm sure they won't release it if it still has game-breaking bugs or anything crazy like that but I'd be surprised if it gets delayed again.

OP
OP
GamerDude

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Call me crazy but I just don't see another delay. It would be pretty ridiculous at that point, and I think they recognize that this one is already having people getting pretty ticked at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.