• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Back in 2014, Wild Sheep Studios announced Wild, an open-world action adventure game meets survival game meets animal simulator in development exclusively for the PS4 and coming from the mind of Michel Ancel, the creator of Rayman and Beyond Good and Evil. Upon reveal, the game generated considerable hype given not only the fact that Ancel's name was attached to it, but because it looked quite promising.

In 2015, we saw another trailer of the game. This was followed by a year of silence. And then another year of silence. And then another year of silence. Then in 2019, Sony Interactive Entertainment filed a trademark for it randomly, and a month later a developer on the project confirmed the game is still cooking. And this was followed by silence, again.

At this point, many have given up on ever seeing the game. Meanwhile, others think if it does return, it will be on the PS5. Whatever the case, today one Reddit user noticed that the developer's official websiteseemingly uploaded a slab of new concept for the game, or at least what is presumably new concept art. It's possible it's old, but if it is, it's unclear why it's only getting uploaded now.
46n2ra0.jpg

5yuTMtl.jpg

xFSHZZp.jpg

COwBW7L.jpg

qjA1Sw5.jpg

Article - Source

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Have to assume this is a PS5 title if it even still exists

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been so excited for this game for the last 5 years. I fully expect it's a PS5 first year title and we'll see it resurface when Sony reveals its initial slate of games for the system. Either way, I'm terribly excited to see how it's progressed.

Oct 29, 2017
This came up in the thread about "games we think are cancelled but officially are still being developed".

Absolutely love the concept and world of this game. I really hope it's still being worked on because I see so much potential. Do I think it will sell hotcakes? Maybe not -- but the trailer that they did show off was so exciting and interesting that I definitely think it could at least earn a dedicated enough fanbase to pursue a sequel that would refine whatever ideas it had within itself.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure all of them are very old actually, even the website has been like this for a while now.

Wild Sheep Studio did not share anything new since 2017 and it's only because of this article from April 2019 that we know WiLD is still in dev and still supported by Sony.

They won't upload a single sketch or put a single tweet about WiLD before Sony told them to do so, and that will probably be after the PS5 games reveal =)

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
See this is the kind of thing I won't mind an insider dropping a hint on. Shit has been quiet for too long. I just want to know it if it's actually even happening still

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
To clarify, this is from a separate indie studio Ancel runs, and unrelated to Ubisoft Montpellier or BGE2.

Munstre

Mar 7, 2020
I really hope this game still lives. That demo they gave in Paris all that time ago left quite an impression. If this resurfaces on the PS5, I would be all over it.

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
Just leave it for ps5. Especially at the launch where it ll get bigger spotlight and sales. Last thing i want s to wait 2 years to play anything worth it on ps5.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I remember a trailer of two "wild" looking people swimming past a giant skeleton sitting on a throne in the water. Was that this?

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Pretty sure I've seen some of this art before. And I do think it's dead. Sorry folks

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Please let this come out. Been looking forward to this.

This came up in the thread about "games we think are cancelled but officially are still being developed".

Absolutely love the concept and world of this game. I really hope it's still being worked on because I see so much potential. Do I think it will sell hotcakes? Maybe not -- but the trailer that they did show off was so exciting and interesting that I definitely think it could at least earn a dedicated enough fanbase to pursue a sequel that would refine whatever ideas it had within itself.
I thought about that thread when seeing this one.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Old pictures.

www.facebook.com

Wild - PlayStation

Wild - PlayStation. 1,252 次赞. WiLD se déroule dans un monde vaste et en constante évolution où vous y découvrirez ses secrets.