• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
God damn, that would be harrowing. That can't be safe for an old person. I am far from a geriatric and I would never want to go through that.

Of course I lol'd, but still. I feel bad for her.

High school physics. Conservation of angular momentum. Why would you ever wind her back down?
I know enough troll physics to tell you that it was to provide additional lift.

Last edited:

Professor Beef

Official ResetEraâ„¢ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
giphy.gif

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was there no room on the helicopter for her?

Usually if they are lifting out like that it's because the copter can't safely land in order for them to board there, so they lift them in that contraption to a safe place, then board them.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I did not expect that. I fucking hate rollercoasters and that right there looked like a ride from hell. Poor lady.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I'd get revenge on the rescue crew by making them clean all the vomit out of the basket. That'll teach 'em.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vertically Flipping the helicopter gif is genius beyond imagination. Im officially diving headfirst into a hades hellpool for laughing as much as i did.

I really hope she is okay though.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
That 360 no scope.

I've seen rescues like this before, why did she spin when most don't? I'm guessing they lifted the stretcher too close to the helicopter but I'm not sure.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That 360 no scope.

I've seen rescues like this before, why did she spin when most don't? I'm guessing they lifted the stretcher too close to the helicopter but I'm not sure.
The rope itself was probably rolled up in a twisted state so when they finally put some tension on it it finally started to unwind.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for laughing but I wasn't prepared for how fast she was going to go. I hope she's okay.

Yep, same here. I started watching the video and thought that sucks, not bad. Then I got halfway and it was going what I thought was pretty darn fast so I assumed that was it and didn't watch the rest. Then I saw your post and I thought, come one, it wasn't THAT fast. So I went back and watched the ending. Dear God!

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad she's okay because I couldn't contain my laughter. When it starts spinning like crazy at the end I just lost it.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm terrified of heights so I would have been losing my mind when it barely started to spin at the beginning. I legit have no clue what would have been going through my mind by the end. If I didn't pass out I bet I'd be thinking I was now just literally the helicopter flying aimlessly through the sky.

Oct 27, 2017
I just saw the first part earlier today, didn't think it was that bad. Watched the whole clip now. Holy shit, that speed.

And yes, I almost started crying from laughter.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*Rescuers get to injured dehydrated Dennis lying on a mountain trail*

Rescuer: "We got you, man!"

Dennis: "...no....airlift.....just...get....me.....an....Uber..."

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
The rope itself was probably rolled up in a twisted state so when they finally put some tension on it it finally started to unwind.
It was caused by the air turbulence. The CNN vid had the firefighters say they are trained how to stop it as it does happen like 1/100 times, this was just a abnormally severe situation. It can happen in areas of severe wind or in canyons. And I find it funny all the armchair physicists in this thread lol. The copter itself wasn't spinning so it wasn't caused by the fact the blades were spinning, it was solely the air turbulence.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Poor woman but yeah, I did laugh a lot. Probably more than I should have as the theme from Airwolf was going around my head during the whole clip!

Amathene

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh god. The last 10 secs where they just accepted they couldn't stop the spinning and just starting flying away is what really did it for me