• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
This doesn't surprise me when the original PlayStation was still receiving new FIFA games until FIFA 2005 and the PS2 received new FIFA games until FIFA 14. Some consoles just refuse to die.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
They keep making them, and people will keep buying them. I bought Just Dance 2019 for the Wii a few months ago as a birthday gift for my daughter's friend. I'll probably have to buy her the 2020 version for Christmas.

Nov 8, 2017
Maybe a silly question, but as someone who very recently just started playing DDR at my local arcade, is Just Dance actually good?

I just can't imagine how you can possibly get any kind of meaningful scoring or rating in a music rhythm game by waving a Wii Remote or Move controller around. But clearly a lot of people are buying these games.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't seem to be very accurate, at least when I played the Wii version. I tried to convince the other parent that her daughter would probably have a better experience with the game if she played it with the Xbox Kinect. She opted to go with the cheaper route, and bought a Wii instead.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a silly question, but as someone who very recently just started playing DDR at my local arcade, is Just Dance actually good?

I just can't imagine how you can possibly get any kind of meaningful scoring or rating in a music rhythm game by waving a Wii Remote or Move controller around. But clearly a lot of people are buying these games.

It's not really about that tbh. It's more about the dances, and just having fun with people around you (or alone). The scoring really is not the primary reason to play

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I know multiple rehab facilities that still give their Wii daily use. There really isn't anything like it.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
I still occasionally play the wii with my gf, it's the greatest console ever made for the casual audience

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Probably outsell Vita this year too.
How much did the Wii outsell the Vita last year?

Your maths is wrong.

PSX released in Japan in 1994 and US/Europe in 1995. So if FIFA released in 2005 then that's 10 or 11 years after console launch.

Wii launched in 2006, so Just Dance 2020 is out 13 years after console launch.
Longest FIFA release on one console is probably on PS2. FIFA 2001 being the first release, and FIFA 2014 being the last release.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Honest question, and I don't mean any offense - but why do people who aren't in the retail industry use the term "SKU"? It just seems so formal and weird to me to refer to a game as a "stock keeping unit" rather than software/hardware.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Your maths is wrong.

PSX released in Japan in 1994 and US/Europe in 1995. So if FIFA released in 2005 then that's 10 or 11 years after console launch.

Wii launched in 2006, so Just Dance 2020 is out 13 years after console launch.
PS2's final release was Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 in November 2013, 13 years 9 months after the PS2 first released. Just Dance 2020 is a few days shy of 13 years after the Wii launch, so if they don't launch another one on Wii next year then that means PS2 still just about remains the champ.

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
believe it or not, i went to a big german electronic-retailer and they had just dance 2019 for wii u.
photo_2019-11-2818.4rkj0h.jpeg

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the Wii version of last year's Just Dance for my nieces. So I'm not surprised. Ubi knows what sells

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Yes just dance 21 confirmed. Realistically it will probably keep going well into next gen.

RGamer2009

Oct 28, 2017
You buy this and play it on the Wii U through the BC for extra weird factor.
There isn't a Wii U version at all, so if you want the new veraion to work on it you have to use BC with the Wii version. Its kinda smart, as this old Wii version works for both Wii and Wii U, covering both systems with one version of the game.

Shows how much of a failure the Wii U was vs the Wii when the successor console is the one recieving games over yours in 2019.

OP
OP
ShinobiBk

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
You thought Wii were done?
Currently 58th on Amazon US Best Seller charts. All that dancing giving the game LEGS