• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The Doctor Strange 2 delay may be a blessing in disguise. Now Sam Raimi has more time to make the movie his own.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank God about Artemis Fowl.

Rereading the series now and they're just doing my boy dirty with this movie. Bury it.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Put a maybe by The Batman as well. They had to stop shooting.
Eh, they were 7 weeks into it and probably don't need anywhere close to the amount of CG a Spider-Man movie requires. If they can get back to shooting by the summer, they should be fine. Spidey hasn't even started yet, so I don't see it hitting the July date unless they just crunch like crazy to get it done.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Here are the upcoming comic book movies now

Wonder Woman - Aug 2020
Venom 2 - Oct 2020
Black Widow - Nov 2020

Eternals - Feb 2021
Morbius - Mar 2021
Shang-Chi - May 2021
The Batman - June 2021
Spider-Man 3 - July 2021 (maybe)
The Suicide Squad - Aug 2021
Doctor Strange 2 - Nov 2021
Black Adam - Dec 2021

Thor: Love and Thunder - Feb 2022
Shazam! 2 - April 2022
Black Panther 2 - May 2022
The Flash - June 2022
Captain Marvel 2 - July 2022
Aquaman 2 - Dec 2022
Thank you for putting together an easy to see list.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I can see Spidey 3 sticking with that date or getting pushed to December 2021

Also Spiderverse 2 was also set for April 2022
Yeah it'll likely move. I don't know if they'll drop it in December though, unless Avatar 2 is also delayed. Maybe October? I think they previously had one of their mystery Spider-Man spinoffs dated for Oct 2021.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They really pushed WandaVision early, well, too early :v
Now probably it's going into its original release launch window.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, they were 7 weeks into it and probably don't need anywhere close to the amount of CG a Spider-Man movie requires. If they can get back to shooting by the summer, they should be fine. Spidey hasn't even started yet, so I don't see it hitting the July date unless they just crunch like crazy to get it done.
It was lucky for them that they seemingly started filming much earlier than they needed to. I'm not sure if they'll be able to go back to filming in the summer though.

Oct 25, 2017
Here are the upcoming comic book movies now

Wonder Woman - Aug 2020
Venom 2 - Oct 2020
Black Widow - Nov 2020

Eternals - Feb 2021
Morbius - Mar 2021
Shang-Chi - May 2021
The Batman - June 2021
Spider-Man 3 - July 2021 (maybe)
The Suicide Squad - Aug 2021
Doctor Strange 2 - Nov 2021
Black Adam - Dec 2021

Thor: Love and Thunder - Feb 2022
Shazam! 2 - April 2022
Black Panther 2 - May 2022
The Flash - June 2022
Captain Marvel 2 - July 2022
Aquaman 2 - Dec 2022
Guardians 3?

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah it'll likely move. I don't know if they'll drop it in December though, unless Avatar 2 is also delayed. Maybe October? I think they previously had one of their mystery Spider-Man spinoffs dated for Oct 2021.
That title is no longer on Sony's schedule, Uncharted took the October 2021 Spider-Man spin-off date.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't the comparable time for them be trying to open theaters at the end of this month or early may? Or do I have my timelines off
We are ways off from this thing getting even manageable, China was only able to get it over with because they actually locked down China and everyone in it,

We haven't even reached the top of it yet

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
That title is no longer on Sony's schedule, Uncharted took the October 2021 Spider-Man spin-off date.

Oh that's right, though I don't have much confidence in Uncharted happening then either haha

Wouldn't the comparable time for them be trying to open theaters at the end of this month or early may? Or do I have my timelines off

We're supposed to see the peak this month, but that doesn't mean things will switch back on as soon as we're past that. There'll be a period of infection rates tapering off, probably slowly, for several weeks to a few months after that. Social distancing will probably ease off slowly but I imagine movie theaters won't be reopening until late May/early June at the very earliest, and even then it might be with crowd capacity rules in place. When China briefly reopened some of their theaters they were mandating people sit to every other seat and every other row.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Good luck with that July release date. They can't seriously think things are going to normalize to the point of large crowds gathering in theaters in like 3 months.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Man, im going to be super bummed out if Falcon and Winter Soldier doesnt come out this year

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We are ways off from this thing getting even manageable, China was only able to get it over with because they actually locked down China and everyone in it,

We haven't even reached the top of it yet

Slightly off topic, but China hasn't managed anything. They simply stopped reporting cases. They put their theater reopening plan on hold for a reason. It's still spreading there.

Oct 25, 2017
16 months between Marvel films. Crazy.

I'm surprised they confirmed the dates for these. I thought all the big studios would be fighting to see who could have the first major release when cinemas reopen.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Who knew when Far From Home was out that things would take so long to go back to normal

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slightly off topic, but China hasn't managed anything. They simply stopped reporting cases. They put their theater reopening plan on hold for a reason. It's still spreading there.
that's why it's crazy that people and Disney believe that things will be (Normal) soon,

Better to be realistic because what's the point of putting out dates when we haven't even hit the worst of it

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Weird that they didn't mention New Mutants. Throw that up on Hulu and get it over with.

Oct 26, 2017
Disney's still not giving up on New Muntants.
giphy.gif