• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they ever add Wing Gundam/EW or Snow White I'll jump in.

Wing designs are my favorite but I'm sick of Wing Zero Base/EW, give me Wing already.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping Bamco's thing on the 22nd announces a PC port of it, but either way if they don't I'll still play it on PS4.
A PC port of Maxi Boost would make up for the trainwreck that was Rise of the Incarnates. Make it happen, Bamco.

If they ever add Wing Gundam/EW or Snow White I'll jump in.

Wing designs are my favorite but I'm sick of Wing Zero Base/EW, give me Wing already.

EW Wing has been in the EXVS series for a while.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Besides the units available, is there any notable difference with the PS2 and PSP era games for single player ? I only played SEED Destiny Rengou vs Zaft II+ and Gundam vs Gundam.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I need to play some more this weekend. Game is a lot of fun and its the first time I thought about buying a fight stick (but I'm not gonna yet). I wish there was more GBF representation though. Why won't they let me play as Beargguy-san

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I need to play some more this weekend. Game is a lot of fun and its the first time I thought about buying a fight stick (but I'm not gonna yet). I wish there was more GBF representation though. Why won't they let me play as Beargguy-san

There are way more build fighters units in the game that's currently in the arcades, EXVS2. Historically, whatever units are in the current arcade version usually appear as DLC in the current console versions so there's a good chance we get em.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Rollback vs delay-based isn't just about the connections themselves - delay-based significantly limits the number of people you can even play against, which is especially important if you happen to live in an area with few people playing.
Yeah, it's something us series vets have had to deal with since EXVS PS3 in 2011. It's rough on the EU folk considering how much more niche it is. It'll do it's best to match by region, but a lot of the times we just make rooms set to worldwide that denote specific regions to play with. It's at least much better than the game attempting to match you up with jp folk in ranked and not being able to play at all

I've used to play a PSP import many years ago and remember loving it. I just love Gundam mobile suit designs and Battle Assault 2 is one of my favorite games of all time.

I've tried the open access for this on the PS4 and got rekt online, rekt even by the AI on arcade at some point, it felt kinda chaotic to me and I had no idea how to improve, I wonder if is there any kind of tutorial in the final game?
Interestingly enough, Mission Mode usually has several missions that guide you through the basics. But for more online team based stuff, YouTube vids are your best bet. I can share some if you're interested.
This is made by the Gotcha Force team right?
Used to be. Gotcha Force crew from Capcom eventually became Byking which worked with Bandai on the first EXVS. They left to do their own thing (came back to do My Hero) and Bandai formed VSTG which worked on the rest of the EXVS games.

BrunOz

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Interestingly enough, Mission Mode usually has several missions that guide you through the basics. But for more online team based stuff, YouTube vids are your best bet. I can share some if you're interested.
Please, I've already watched all the videos posted in this thread and I really want to get better in this game.

And about that mission mode, is it avaiable in this open access?

Thanks for the help!

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
It really is one of the best. Just all the content and mobile suits to play with make it easy to spend a lot of time playing it. Finally having this properly out in the west is still surreal!

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Not only is this the only fighting game I have been able to keep on the wagon for as many years as I have, the GAF/ERA group is chill as hell and it's a good way to learn the game without having to grind randoms.

Amishpriest

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure I will continue to be very bad but maybe I'll just main the Lacus Infinite Justice and have fun in spite of that.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I was a big gundam vs fan durring the psp/ps2 era (I even have a bunch of the arcade games). I need to stop being lazy and pick this up.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure I will continue to be very bad but maybe I'll just main the Lacus Infinite Justice and have fun in spite of that.

are you the guy that kept showing up in our rooms last weekend playing IJ Lacus? I was wondering who in the world likes this suit so much that they kept on picking it over and over lol

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
This game is, easily, demonstratively, the best arena fighter on the market.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, I didn't realise this was coming and I certainly didn't realise that it had open weekends to try it. I'm fully in.

Thanks OP!

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
If anyone wants to join our discord, let me know. :)

Please, I've already watched all the videos posted in this thread and I really want to get better in this game.

And about that mission mode, is it avaiable in this open access?

Thanks for the help!

Mission mode is unfortunately not available in Open Access.

As for vids, these are oldies but goodies as the basics and fundamental game theory really haven't changed throughout the EXVS series.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Delay based on what we've played during the Open Access and network test so far. I believe the arcade version netplay is also that way as well, but it's Japan. As always, wired does work best. At the very least, there are options to restrict connection quality types in rooms you host, etc. I saw a random quote from SiliconEra or something like that saying it would have dedicated servers for the game, but I highly doubt that.
I checked the FAQ on the official site, because I remembered seeing something about the connection type recently and it says it's P2P:

Q2. 通信遅延が起きる。
本テストおよび本製品に関しましては、弊社独自のサーバーや通信回線は使用しておりません
通信状況の悪化による影響となりますので、通信事業者様にお問い合わせください。

Q3. 自身の通信状況は良好な状態を示しているが、対戦中に遅延が発生することがある。
本テストおよび本製品はP2P方式で通信を行っております。

対戦に参加する方の通信状況によって、遅延が発生する可能性がございます。
また対戦マッチング時に、対戦に参加する方が全て良好な通信状況を示している場合であっても、
対戦中の通信状況の変化により遅延が発生する可能性がございます。
少しでも対戦中の遅延を防ぐ為、有線LANを使用しての対戦を推奨致します。

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
The series is obv dope but I'm morally opposed to paying for P2P online and Bamco seems to think Rise of Incarnates is/was close enough for PC. Some day...

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course I'm going to support any thread spreading the good lords message.

Cant wait for launch.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I checked the FAQ on the official site, because I remembered seeing something about the connection type recently and it says it's P2P:
Yeah I re-read the Siliconera article and it said it wouldn't be using their servers. EXVS, FB and GVS were all P2P so the likelihood of server stuff was super low to begin with anyway.
The series is obv dope but I'm morally opposed to paying for P2P online and Bamco seems to think Rise of Incarnates is/was close enough for PC. Some day...
What a game that was...

8CHR_Jumbotron.jpg

Of course I'm going to support any thread spreading the good lords message.

Cant wait for launch.
R5i77b1.gif

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I really want to try this but I sold my ps4 and wouldn't be able to jump in until ps5 launch. Does this series ever get ported or is it a de facto exclusive?

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I really want to try this but I sold my ps4 and wouldn't be able to jump in until ps5 launch. Does this series ever get ported or is it a de facto exclusive?
Well, with PS4 games being launched from this month on needing to be compatible with the PS5, you might not have to worry too much about it.

I'd be surprised if it ever went to PC or anything else, buuuuuuut... we didn't think they'd ever bring it over to begin with and other Gundam games like G Generation Cross Gen are now on Steam. Who knows?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching videos of this all day so thanks donkey

I'm not even a big Gundam guy but chalk me up as someone who's spent far too much time walking around in the haze of Japanese arcades wondering how you play this Gundam game that everyone is playing. Super excited to have a decent localised home port to see what the fuss is about!

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I've been watching videos of this all day so thanks donkey

I'm not even a big Gundam guy but chalk me up as someone who's spent far too much time walking around in the haze of Japanese arcades wondering how you play this Gundam game that everyone is playing. Super excited to have a decent localised home port to see what the fuss is about!
No problemo! Don't forget to give it a go this weekend in Open Access!

Also just uploaded s'more Zaku Amazing gameplay from last weekend:

It's truly the closest thing we'll ever get to actually playing Gundam Build Fighters. ^^

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
I played full boost I think that's what it's called for PS3 got the platinum. What is the difference between that and this?

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Used to play and loved the ps2 games back in the day. Just pre ordered this off psn. Thanks OP :)

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I played full boost I think that's what it's called for PS3 got the platinum. What is the difference between that and this?
Pretty much what everyone said above. Full Boost to MBON is like SFV: Arcade Edition to Champion Edition. Essentially the final version of EXVS before EXVS2 which is out in Japanese arcades now.

Used to play and loved the ps2 games back in the day. Just pre ordered this off psn. Thanks OP :)
Woo! Welcome to the crew. Don't forget you now get an extra day of Open Access over the coming weekends. :)

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Well, with PS4 games being launched from this month on needing to be compatible with the PS5, you might not have to worry too much about it.

I'd be surprised if it ever went to PC or anything else, buuuuuuut... we didn't think they'd ever bring it over to begin with and other Gundam games like G Generation Cross Gen are now on Steam. Who knows?

cool! Well I'll be joining up after ps5 launch then. At least I'll have a launch title to play!

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Got it downloaded and ready to go! When is it live? Just Saturday? I see talk of 5AM CEST?
So yeah, it's 4AM Saturday UK time start for me. But if you've preordered the game, you'll get 48 hours to play over the weekends vs 24 hours.

Here's the CEST schedule until launch.
MBON_schedule.jpg

Just add another day to the Until column if you've preordered. Also, the last weekend is bonus 3 days of access, too (again preorders only).

Amishpriest

Oct 26, 2017
are you the guy that kept showing up in our rooms last weekend playing IJ Lacus? I was wondering who in the world likes this suit so much that they kept on picking it over and over lol

Haha, no that wasn't me. Completely missed last weekend actually. I'm sure I would've mixed it up with some other low-tier, unloved suits.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, been playing the test today and it's bloody great. Having a really good time.

I can't believe how many characters there are. Blimey.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
To paraphrase Kant, should implies could. Where do I send my paypal, Op, so you can provide me with the means to perform an act you prescribe an obligations for me to perform?

I'm kidding, looks kinda neat.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
donkey whats the general consensus on best controller input for this? Is stick recommended?

I can't think what the arcade machines have as input off the top of my head? Are they stick or some mad combination of mouse and controller or something?

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
To paraphrase Kant, should implies could. Where do I send my paypal, Op, so you can provide me with the means to perform an act you prescribe an obligations for me to perform?

I'm kidding, looks kinda neat.
9bd.gif

donkey whats the general consensus on best controller input for this? Is stick recommended?

I can't think what the arcade machines have as input off the top of my head? Are they stick or some mad combination of mouse and controller or something?
Just play with whatever you're most comfortable with. ^^ And as for the arcade setup, it was a normal stick with 5 buttons.

infohowtoplay01revised.png

infohowtoplay04.png

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really wish this was on PC, this game making me want to buy a PS4.

UnsungVagrant

Dec 11, 2017
Whoa, I never realized the arcade layout had the boost next to melee like that. I just got used to having it like the pad layout.

I feel like you're thinking about the game Border Break which had a mouse and analog stick combo.