• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
"Whoow you are into video game shit? Come on dude grow up "

My high-school plastic friends when they entered my room for the first time , my fault too since we were the equivalence of the football jacket wearing, popular assholes from the movies and I really played my part, sadly.

During those days (2001- 2002) being a video game enthusiast and collector was seen as "fucking nerd weirdo " shit. Gaming was not as widespread accepted as nowadays where every douche plays FIFA.

Im glad that you've moved on from these trying times in your life and don't have a massive chip on your shoulder about it.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I had a 60+ year old lady respond to anime with "Y'all watchin' some cartoon shit? I ain't about that," and I honestly think I would have been a bit worried if her response had been anything else.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
"Why is he always running everywhere?"

My grandma after I had been playing Zelda Twilight Princess for a few days.

My grandma said THE SAME thing about us playing GTA. We always made our GTA 3 / Vice City run and he was running very funny and she always said " oh, you're playing the running man "

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
You mean the easiest answer ever. Its about cats on the moon.

cover4.jpg

"OK so a literal regimented army of cats just jumped to the moon and rescued our hero Randolph Carter and are taking him back to... OK so he was on the moon because these faceless mushroom frogs kidnapped him and took him there under orders from the crawling chaos Nyarlathotep... OK so Nyarlathotep is an emissary of the Outer Gods and he's after Carter because the gods don't want him to reach the unknown city of Kadath on the edge of the dreamlands... Ok so all of this is happening inside an alternate dimension which exists inside everyone's interconnected dreams and... OK so..."

Dec 30, 2020
Showed a friend Kamen Rider Drive. The conversation that followed was:

"You realize this is the stupidest, cheesiest thing in the world." "I know, isn't it great? CH-CH-CHEESE WHEEL!!! MUENSTER TRUCK POWAAAH!"

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Showed a friend Kamen Rider Drive. The conversation that followed was:

"You realize this is the stupidest, cheesiest thing in the world." "I know, isn't it great? CH-CH-CHEESE WHEEL!!! MUENSTER TRUCK POWAAAH!"
But Tony Stark playing with toy cars should be an easy sell

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My mother, when she didn't want to watch a baseball game and I had the only other TV in the house tuned to Toonami to watch DBZ reruns: "I don't get it, they're just punching each other?"

It was Piccolo vs. Android 17, I don't see how a person isn't blown away by that.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
True the random stuff is always what you remember and forms your love of stuff. Like the first comic i ever got was the M edition of the Handbook to the marvel universe my grandmother brought for me at Piggyly Wiggly. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I read that shit until it fell apart in my hands
Lol the first one my mother bought me was the N edition (I had been reading comics for about a month at the time)

My dad bought me the X-Men expansion to the TSR Marvel Super Heroes RPG because "All that comic stuff is the same"

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Lol the first one my mother bought me was the N edition (I had been reading comics for about a month at the time)

My dad bought me the X-Men expansion to the TSR Marvel Super Heroes RPG because "All that comic stuff is the same"
Remember those a stack of random comics in a plastic bag for like 5 dollars? That is how i got most of my collection. I remember I got the Infinity gauntlet issue where Cap tells of Thanos in one

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Remember those a stack of random comics in a plastic bag for like 5 dollars? That is how i got most of my collection. I remember I got the Infinity gauntlet issue where Cap tells of Thanos in one
Yeah those were always insane. That's how I got my first What If? Issue. It was about some comic event I hadn't read and I didn't know anything about. I read it like 100 times.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feel like this happened to me a lot when I was into watching art house films in college.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My wife caught me watching a vtuber the other day and seemed legitimately concerned as shes been convinced somewhere that guys only watch them to get off to girls acting like children šŸ˜³