• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way the practically naked feather breast anime girl game treats the lesbian relationships in a respectful manner right? Like I have to imagine that is played up as a fetish for guys to oggle, not as anything close to resembling representation.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Are we allowed to mention games that would almost certainly be banned for discussion on the site otherwise within the context of this thread? A couple of games in an infamous fairly well-known long-running visual novel series have released in English officially for the first time, and well everything about the fact this is being given an official English release bothers me.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
There's no way the practically naked feather breast anime girl game treats the lesbian relationships in a respectful manner right? Like I have to imagine that is played up as a fetish for guys to oggle, not as anything close to resembling representation.
It's a yuri JRPG series that most definitely targets men.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Presumed this was TVTropes, but didn't see how you can have multiple breast-related tropes. I've never come across this myself when I've used the site but then I guess I'm not looking for them or much related to them.

kERmUDj.png

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Are we allowed to mention games that would almost certainly be banned for discussion on the site otherwise within the context of this thread? A couple of games in an infamous fairly well-known long-running visual novel series have released in English officially for the first time, and well everything about the fact this is being given an official English release bothers me.
This made me worriedly check if the rest of the Days series had been localized.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019

I think it's pretty well done for the most part. Outside of some of the character designs there's not really any blatant fetishizing.

Wait, you're not talking about Robotics;Notes are you? That's all I can think of that came out recently.

tag urself I'm I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This made me worriedly check if the rest of the Days series had been localized.
Another one I'd like to forget about, but no it's not that series.
Fairly certain purseowner means titles much more graphic that cannot exist on consoles.
I do. Can I say the series title and leave it at that, or should it go unnamed? Don't want to make a habit of bringing up this kind of stuff in here, but when a series where the primary motive of the lead character is rape is localised officially, I feel the need to express my revulsion.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not a mod, obviously, but I wouldn't be upset by it. Seems like there's a distinction between this thread where we're reviling the material compared to a News or OT thread for an offensive game where we know some incels would celebrate it.

Hakunon

Oct 11, 2018
Another one I'd like to forget about, but no it's not that series.

I do. Can I say the series title and leave it at that, or should it go unnamed? Don't want to make a habit of bringing up this kind of stuff in here, but when a series where the primary motive of the lead character is rape is localised officially, I feel the need to express my revulsion.

That description did ring a bell and a quick look at the vn database confirmed my suspicion. It's a shame that series is popular enough with... a certain audience to be localized.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
*figures out what the game/series is* What the fuck. I'm on break and can't make any calls here, but I don't think there's much to discuss here regarding that game given the genre. I mean, anything goes when it comes to eroge games.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That description did ring a bell and a quick look at the vn database confirmed my suspicion. It's a shame that series is popular enough with... a certain audience to be localized.
*figures out what the game/series is* What the fuck. I'm on break and can't make any calls here, but I don't think there's much to discuss here regarding that game given the genre. I mean, anything goes when it comes to eroge games.
Yeah, I'm just a bit disappointed in MangaGamer for localising it. From the perspective of broader Western awareness and accessibility of genre history doing so is commendable, but quite the opposite from any other perspective. Sure, 'anything goes' when it comes to eroge, but officially localising a series that at best plays rape for laughs and at worst encourages and condones it really isn't a good look.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm just a bit disappointed in MangaGamer for localising it. From the perspective of broader Western awareness and accessibility of genre history doing so is commendable, but quite the opposite from any other perspective. Sure, 'anything goes' when it comes to eroge, but officially localising a series that at best plays rape for laughs and at worst encourages and condones it really isn't a good look.
Fair enough, I've just seen enough shit over the years to not be surprised by anything and that publisher is no stranger to localizing ethically dubious, at best, games. If a modified version of the game went up on Steam or the Switch, that'd be worrying. Not that both platforms, Steam in particular, don't already have fucked up shit.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fair enough, I've just seen enough shit over the years to not be surprised by anything and that publisher is no stranger to localizing ethically dubious, at best, games. If a modified version of the game went up on Steam or the Switch, that'd be worrying. Not that both platforms, Steam in particular, don't already have fucked up shit.
I honestly have no idea sometimes how MangaGamer and similar publishers are operating within the realms of legality.

No chance of the bolded at least given it's never had an all-ages console port. And yes, a bit surprising to me still that Nekopara is on Switch.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I honestly have no idea sometimes how MangaGamer and similar publishers are operating within the realms of legality.

No chance of the bolded at least given it's never had an all-ages console port. And yes, a bit surprising to me still that Nekopara is on Switch.
I imagine Nekopara somewhat turning into a meme game helped it get released on Switch and PS4.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting how, in the last year or two, Sony has emerged with higher standards that affect multi-platform skeevy games. Though it's most surprising that Nintendo gives almost zero fucks.

FulcrumTK

Oct 6, 2020
I'm guessing Nintendo allowing whatever garbage to release on the eshop is a result of them throwing everything to wall and seeing what sticks at the beginning of the Switch era, since they were pretty desperate to have a success after the Wii U. Then they just never stopped.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

I only played the first and while I was pleasently surprised at the inclusion, at the same time it's very anime and fanservice-y so...well...

It's a yuri JRPG series that most definitely targets men.

this is what it feels like yeah.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Nintendo allowing whatever garbage to release on the eshop is a result of them throwing everything to wall and seeing what sticks at the beginning of the Switch era, since they were pretty desperate to have a success after the Wii U. Then they just never stopped.
Nintendo has been on a pretty consistent trajectory of becoming increasingly hands-off with third party games since the 90s when the ESRB was created, with the last notable instance of them denying a game based on content grounds being Binding of Isaac for 3DS (and even that was reversed eventually). At this point, they basically don't seem to care about the content of a game so long as it doesn't get rated AO (or regional equivalents).

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
v7ri3zx4wes41.jpg

vamp.png

fefcdbb941b67a063b11db11d9ef60ac.jpg

sandra-duchiewicz-brt-fay-enchantress-sm.jpg

Warhammer TW's are mostly pretty top tier for Westerrn Fantasy devolopers.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of the... vampire woman? For the obvious reasons, but also: What the hell is going on with her hand holding the chalice? They couldn't choose between having her hand on her hip in a sassy manner or holding a chalice, so they just did both.

I like the rest of them. The princess or whatever she is supposed to be is really neat looking.

I know nothing about Warhammer other than rat people.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Not a fan of the... vampire woman? For the obvious reasons, but also: What the hell is going on with her hand holding the chalice? They couldn't choose between having her hand on her hip in a sassy manner or holding a chalice, so they just did both.

I like the rest of them. The princess or whatever she is supposed to be is really neat looking.

Warhammer is basically the every fantasy paradigm, where pretty much any high fantasy thing goes, though lately the designs have been a lot better compared to when all women were basically wearing bikinis.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017

The boobarmor is toned down in the ingame model.
229d7114e978846f69f8623784cd54b2.jpg

They are hit and miss, the characters based on older designs are often bad, but the newer ones are fine.

60af30b1c4feb57bd0a51deee229e759.jpg
dbzut7l-2e0e3d0e-0250-4874-aa36-cc411ee5cc3a.jpg

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Aranessa Saltspite and Cylostra Direfin are characters where the developers had more freedom to work with designs (mostly because they had little to nothing to adapt from in the first place).

tom-parker-tomp-cst-aranessa-saltspite-lp-03.jpg
tom-parker-tomp-cst-cylostra-direfin-lp-03.jpg

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Warhammer is basically the every fantasy paradigm, where pretty much any high fantasy thing goes, though lately the designs have been a lot better compared to when all women were basically wearing bikinis.
Yeah it does kind of seem like anything goes right? Fantasy Mashup. It does not surprise me to hear the older models of warhammer stuff was much worse.

The boobarmor is toned down in the ingame model.
229d7114e978846f69f8623784cd54b2.jpg
This one I am fine with. I'm not big into the general vampire aesthetic, but I am completely neutral on this model at least. I think I'd probably like it if I was more into vampire stuff. The ingame model is SO much better than that concept art.

these on the other hand....

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Warhammer Age of Sigmar has a lot more women to work with than 40K. (Unless 40K finally brought the Adepta Sororitas back plus made other improvements and made women not an afterthought.)
I have zero interest in this (and I can't imagine it will perform well), but it seems like it could potentially be a really inclusive GAAS game.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Warhammer Age of Sigmar has a lot more women to work with than 40K. (Unless 40K finally brought the Adepta Sororitas back plus made other improvements and made women not an afterthought.)
There's still massive problems with representation in 40K, but one thing they did do in the promo for the latest edition (after the newly revamped Sororitas miniatures range at the start of the year) is show off both an Imperial guardswoman (whose brothers-in-arms both get smoked), and the Sororitas doing a load of cool stuff and getting the first half of the voiceover. I'm hoping that when they get around to redoing the Guard range they'll make it an even split as that's what most of the novels have, and they seem more commited to diversity than ever before, even if they've still got a long way to go.

Last edited:

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I decided to restart Warriors Orochi 4 and I was quickly reminded that I'm going to be forced to suffer through the most waifu-bait character made in Warriors history for every crossover game or Samurai Warriors that comes out. Naotora Ii.

She's got some great parts, she's really strong and an amazing martial artists. That outfit though, a few moves in Samurai Warriors 4 even zoom in to her chest that you see visibly bounce. Then you reach her personality. She's the most timid, shy, and apologetic character in the series. She apologizes about every ten seconds most of the time over nothing. She has zero self-esteem and pretty much considers herself useless, ugly, and a disgrace. It's just... awful. She is by far one of the biggest fan favorites though, so she will never leave the spotlight or change.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
There's still massive problems with representation in 40K, but one thing they did do in the promo for the latest edition (after the newly revamped Sororitas miniatures range at the start of the year) is show off both an Imperial guardswoman (whose brothers-in-arms both get smoked), and the Sororitas doing a load of cool stuff and getting the first half of the voiceover. I'm hoping that when they get around to redoing the Guard range they'll make it an even split as that's what most of the novels have, and they seem more commited to diversity than ever before, even if they've still got a long way to go.

That's good. I really want an Adepta Sororitas video game and boxed strategy game.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to restart Warriors Orochi 4 and I was quickly reminded that I'm going to be forced to suffer through the most waifu-bait character made in Warriors history for every crossover game or Samurai Warriors that comes out. Naotora Ii.

She's got some great parts, she's really strong and an amazing martial artists. That outfit though, a few moves in Samurai Warriors 4 even zoom in to her chest that you see visibly bounce. Then you reach her personality. She's the most timid, shy, and apologetic character in the series. She apologizes about every ten seconds most of the time over nothing. She has zero self-esteem and pretty much considers herself useless, ugly, and a disgrace. It's just... awful. She is by far one of the biggest fan favorites though, so she will never leave the spotlight or change.
Yeah Koei merging the DOA people and sharing talent did no favours to their character designs, I'm surprised you didn't mention Athena, she gets a lot of hate for design in wo4 and the fact that her running animation is basically just 24/7 upskirt iirc

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Yeah Koei merging the DOA people and sharing talent did no favours to their character designs, I'm surprised you didn't mention Athena, she gets a lot of hate for design in wo4 and the fact that her running animation is basically just 24/7 upskirt iirc
Fun enough, I blasted the shit out of Athena already in the last thread for this. I decided to try and start the Ultimate content and remembered how much I enjoyed Athena's moveset. I love everything about her personality, she doesn't take shit and she takes charge. Her outfit though is atrocious and the fact your screen is pretty much locked on her comically revealed butt while playing is just awful. I can at least take some solace that some of the male gods wear just as revealing clothing.

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
In the past when I was watching more anime I didn't bother me as much. Nowadays I am also less in to anime (bar One Piece cause it is still amazing lol), but nowadays I noticed I dont like the oversexualisation in games.

Now I do wonder what people think of Bayonetta. Cause within that game I have less of a problem with it funny enough compared to e.g. Xenoblade 2. But I do wonder how this feels with the people in this thread.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Fun enough, I blasted the shit out of Athena already in the last thread for this. I decided to try and start the Ultimate content and remembered how much I enjoyed Athena's moveset. I love everything about her personality, she doesn't take shit and she takes charge. Her outfit though is atrocious and the fact your screen is pretty much locked on her comically revealed butt while playing is just awful. I can at least take some solace that some of the male gods wear just as revealing clothing.
Yeah, I never really liked the depiction of any of the gods in WO4, overall I still think WO3U is the best WO game. Also I remember her being mentioned in the last thread so I legit might just be referring to yourself with my last comment without realising lol

As for Naotori Li her design just reminds me of Honoka from DOA like I'm sure she was designed to appeal to the same demographic