• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Curious what folks think about Assassin's Creed Valhalla making both male and female Eivor canon (somehow)

On the one hand it might make more people play as the female character, but it seems like it has the potential to be real messy, especially when it comes to potential relationship mechanics. Like if I want to play as a gay viking man will that even be possible?

Also not like they've changed their marketing from being male-centric
I think it's just a way of covering their asses because they wouldn't let their developers do a female main protag which we know they wanted to do for both Origins (Aya was to have a much bigger role and was meant to be the main character for most of the game) and Oddysey (devs wanted to have Kassandra as the only player character). Team that with Eivor being a female name, it's hard to not suspect that was the case with this game as well

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's just a way of covering their asses because they wouldn't let their developers do a female main protag which we know they wanted to do for both Origins (Aya was to have a much bigger role and was meant to be the main character for most of the game) and Oddysey (devs wanted to have Kassandra as the only player character). Team that with Eivor being a female name, it's hard to not suspect that was the case with this game as well
Yeah this.

It's just Ubisoft playing safe which doesn't surprise me. They'll say it's about "choice" but realistically it just means they don't upset anyone by making a commitment. It makes a series I find bland even blander with that kind of thinking. I literally played Odyssey just for Kassandra and even then they messed that up.

Or the origins of Kelly Chambers
masseffect.fandom.com

Kelly Chambers

Kelly Chambers is Commander Shepard's yeoman on the Normandy SR-2 in 2185. In addition to her duties as yeoman, she is also a psychologist and will offer insight into each new addition to the squad. She is a potential romance partner for either a male or female Shepard. Kelly's primary job on...
Nothing wrong with threesomes but given the approach with ME has with sex scenes and deeper relationships, I can guess this wouldn't go well.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Nothing wrong with threesomes but given the approach with ME has with sex scenes and deeper relationships, I can guess this wouldn't go well.
Totally. If I thought this was done with the intention to treat it respectfully then fair enough, but it feels like she was made to be a 'bit on the side' if the player chose, rather than an actual threesome involving some kind of parity for all parties.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
These are from the upcoming Romancelvania: BATchelor's Curse.

vlc-2020-10-14-15-04-36-637.png

vlc-2020-10-14-15-04-53-004.png

vlc-2020-10-14-15-05-05-115.png

vlc-2020-10-14-15-05-40-054.png

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Did you see the trailer?

Honestly I haven't cringed that hard in a while. Medusa's line made me physically wince.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Trying WAY too hard to be "Witty" and falling on your face with the title and the entire concept...

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
feels like a sloppy mix of a metroidvania and disappointing horny game giving me creepo depot vibes

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Did you see the trailer?

Honestly I haven't cringed that hard in a while. Medusa's line made me physically wince.
Yeah I saw it and got these pics from it. Apparently it has a massage minigame too...
That's pretty much how everyone should react to this! These designs sure are something.
Trying WAY too hard to be "Witty" and falling on your face with the title and the entire concept...
Yep, I was cringing a lot throughout it.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
These are from the upcoming Romancelvania: BATchelor's Curse.

vlc-2020-10-14-15-04-36-637.png

vlc-2020-10-14-15-04-53-004.png

vlc-2020-10-14-15-05-05-115.png

vlc-2020-10-14-15-05-40-054.png
Funny how hades seems to handle what this game is attempting with class. From what ive heard, I havent played yet but i can say the designs of hades woman are astronomically better. Though i am surprised to see romancelvania seems to have same sex romance options.

FulcrumTK

Oct 6, 2020
An indie action puzzler called Petal Crash came out a couple days ago. It has a mostly female cast who isn't sexualized or otherwise treated poorly, plus a nonbinary character and other casual LGBTQ representation. At least three of the people who worked on the game (T. Ashley Jenkins. Jill Katze, and Zack Morrison) are queer themselves. I've played through all 7 characters' story modes and the writing (by Zack Morrison of Paranatural fame) is very charming. Give it a look if you're a fan of Panel de Pon/Puzzle League and other games in that vein.
Petal_Crash_Trailer_Americas

ss_94a43641d6ed909cd9e8fb4a234719bdd77e9240.1920x1080.jpg
ss_3d5c8635aa04752848b75c7fe0c8b088017b0333.1920x1080.jpg

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
An indie action puzzler called Petal Crash came out a couple days ago. It has a mostly female cast who isn't sexualized or otherwise treated poorly, plus a nonbinary character and other casual LGBTQ representation. At least three of the people who worked on the game (T. Ashley Jenkins. Jill Katze, and Zack Morrison) are queer themselves. I've played through all 7 characters' story modes and the writing (by Zack Morrison of Paranatural fame) is very charming. Give it a look if you're a fan of Panel de Pon/Puzzle League and other games in that vein.
Petal_Crash_Trailer_Americas

ss_94a43641d6ed909cd9e8fb4a234719bdd77e9240.1920x1080.jpg
ss_3d5c8635aa04752848b75c7fe0c8b088017b0333.1920x1080.jpg

Dont forget "THE BAZ"

eb4140aff8a984753bf428a5bc17f90b_original.png

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
What do you think about the new Guilty Gear character Giovanna?

Trailer:
www.youtube.com

GUILTY GEAR -STRIVE- Trailer#6 - GUILTY GEAR OFFICIAL LIVESTREAM

■Official website: https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/jp/ -GUILTY GEAR : the next entry to the series- 「GUILTY GEAR」シリーズ最新作「GUILTY GEAR -STRIVE-」始動! ■GUILTY GEA...
The pose could have been done better, & I personally would have done up one more button (maybe lower the heels as well, but they aren't that bad & have some neat details). But there have been far worse instances of sexualization in Guilty Gear. Overall, I like her design.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
So she's a pumpkin scarecrow that has pumpkin breasts, in other words, her breasts are what she is, a pumpkin!

They must had been on something when they made that, lol.

OP
OP
Persephone

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
wrt asscreed and female protagonists, if i have one more man on this site tell me that having a dedicated single female protagonist would be bad because it removes choice i'm going to s c r e am. representation you can opt out of isn't representation!!!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Character design is an iterative process so how the hell did they arrive at pumpkin breasts? Like, if they signed off on that then what did they reject?

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even at that pumpkin breasts design. I thought a new low was hit with Kanna in Blaster Master Zero II, but apparently things still can go lower. >.>

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't even know what to say about that pumpkin breasts design.

wrt asscreed and female protagonists, if i have one more man on this site tell me that having a dedicated single female protagonist would be bad because it removes choice i'm going to s c r e am. representation you can opt out of isn't representation!!!

It's fucking hilarious as you didn't even have true "choice" until Odyssey(correct me if I'm wrong but Syndicate with the dual protagonists whilst you could choose who to play as in free roam you had no choice in on who you wanted to play as in some story missions)

Outside a couple of spinoffs with a female protagonist you've had no choice whatsoever but to play as a male protagonist and only now when people ask for a dedicated woman protagonist it's bad because "choice", just lmao.

cairngorm

Oct 25, 2017
I guess some guys can find even vegetables sexy if you slap big breasts(?) on them? I don't even know how to feel

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, looks good. She kinda reminds me of Trish from DMC with the hair style, that vest, the choker, and black and gold color scheme. Only much improved.

valen

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
User banned (permanent): troll account
Go to a local beach. Beautiful women do exist in the real world.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
7 posts, all about next gen hardware specs. What a terrible loss. I'm grateful for trolls that voluntary put their necks on the chopping block, instead of putting the work into being covert.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
How does that even happen? Makes 6 random posts going back a year about tech stuff and then account destruction troll post.