• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
True, I was more so thinking of the RE team.

Like if you look back on RE games last gen, there were plenty of sexualization every game. Meanwhile, RE games this gen have been really good at making good women characters.

I wish the rest of the company would do this.
Yeah, Capcom's RE team really improved this gen. Let's remember what RE women looked like last gen:
www.resetera.com

After puddlegate now Skirtgate - Jills Preorder costume (RE3 Remake) is not the original costume!!

True, but it's not like Capcom has no history there...

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, Capcom's RE team really improved this gen. Let's remember what RE women looked like last gen:
www.resetera.com

After puddlegate now Skirtgate - Jills Preorder costume (RE3 Remake) is not the original costume!!

True, but it's not like Capcom has no history there...
Oh god, that's terrible how did that stuff get approved??? Some of it isn't even just sexist, that tribal outfit thing they are doing is just racist and fetishistic and ewwww, whhhhhyyyyyyyy

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I still can't get over that urban ninja costume for Moira. It just looks stupider the more I look at it.

65d552d3bd816dafb456fe4af113fca9.jpg

Feb 24, 2018
A few days back, I posted over in an EtcetEra thread about how a lot of love for the Digimon franchise I had has died over the years due to the ever increasing amount of fanservice and how sexualized every woman Digimon is portrayed and drawn (especially post hiring an hentai artist), where it's down to their designs, posing, constant jiggling of the breasts in the anime or the sheer amount of sexialized artwork for the cards.

(While no nudity, they are still VERY NSFW and suggestive):
https://wikimon.net/images/8/8e/Dch-7-150_front.png
https://wikimon.net/images/0/08/Rosemon_collectors_card.jpg
https://wikimon.net/images/9/9d/Dch-7-145_front.png
https://wikimon.net/images/5/57/Lotusmon_collectors_card2.jpg
https://wikimon.net/images/e/e0/Bellestarrmon_ex_collectors_card.jpg
https://wikimon.net/images/5/56/Angewomon_collectors_card.jpg
https://wikimon.net/images/7/7b/Lilithmon_collectors_card.jpg

Like I said there, it annoys me because the Palmon like is my personal fav Digimon line even Rosemon and I think Lilithmon is cool as well, but their never allowed to be cool with excessive jiggle physics or overt sexualzation or making Rosemon's boobs bigger. Like this is how she looked in the early 00s when Rosemon was first introduced for the Pendulum like of the Virtual Pets in official artwork compare to modern artwork of her:
Rosemon.jpg

Dch-6-529_front.png

And also what bothers me is just the sheer lack of imagination with it. The original intent with Digimon's designs was that they were invoke monster movies and western horror, fantasy and Sci-Fi (see the many early Digimon with Spawn demon like mouths, the bugs being inspired by Xenomorphs or the 5th Virtual pets have parodies of the Grelims and Critters being the two Child Level digimon while the Adults were all based on Godzilla monsters etc), yet like only about 5 coded women Digimon get to be monsterous (The Biyomon line, Arukenimon, 2/3rds of the Palmon, Calmaramon and Magnadramon), most of the time it's sexy women in sexualized or revealing armour or clothes, Venusmon for is the worst when you compare her to the rest of the 11 Digimon based on the Roman Gods.

I just wish Digimon could give us more varied women Digimon, like Bride of Frankenstein (Boltmon exists why can't her?) for example or Saddako or an evil doll, one based on the countless of many women Yokai like Pokemon has to great effect, a Gorgon, a Hyena, a naked mole rat or something truly monstrous and original?

And I feel like such a hypocrite saying all this because I like Rosemon and Lillymon from the Palmon line and LadyDevimon, Ranamon (and evolved Calmaramon) and Lilithmon.

Sorry for the rant.

Feb 24, 2018
Also while related to Digimon, it's a problem I see occasionally brought up. One thing that disappoints me with a lot of Digimon games is the lack of options to play as a women in them, like the original Digimon Cyber Sleuth allowed you to yet Hacker's Memory only allowed you to play as a man and this happens a lot like with the upcoming Digimon Survive.

The common defense I see for this whenever its brought up or people are disappointed by this is to quote, " hing is in this case the main character isn't meant to be a player surrogate. They aren't a silent protagonist, they'll have their own personality and dialogue." this isn't only a thing I see with Digimon but bothers me regardless because of the implication that women can be playable if their just a blank slate and that a player character with dialogue, personality etc automatically = man. Plus I find the argument more silly nowadays when games like Mass Effect are around that show that you have a character with a personality, dialogue etc and STILL allow you to select your appearance, gender etc.

And like if that's the case then, why is Digimon Survive being marketed like it's a game about being able to live your fantasy as being the lead in a Digimon anime like scenario then if it won't be for a lot of players?

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Also while related to Digimon, it's a problem I see occasionally brought up. One thing that disappoints me with a lot of Digimon games is the lack of options to play as a women in them, like the original Digimon Cyber Sleuth allowed you to yet Hacker's Memory only allowed you to play as a man and this happens a lot like with the upcoming Digimon Survive.

Agreed, I feel like the same argument can be applied to Persona series since it's always ppl defending a male MC since it's like "tradition." I have played Digmon CS and I'm glad they offered a FeMC option in the remake since it didn't change much plot-wise but I felt like I was acknowledged.

I did like Digimon a lot when I was a kid but lately I fell out of love with it as I couldn't finish Hacker's Memory but the original anime was p good.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
A few days back, I posted over in an EtcetEra thread about how a lot of love for the Digimon franchise I had has died over the years due to the ever increasing amount of fanservice and how sexualized every woman Digimon is portrayed and drawn (especially post hiring an hentai artist), where it's down to their designs, posing, constant jiggling of the breasts in the anime or the sheer amount of sexialized artwork for the cards.

(While no nudity, they are still VERY NSFW and suggestive):
https://wikimon.net/images/8/8e/Dch-7-150_front.png
https://wikimon.net/images/0/08/Rosemon_collectors_card.jpg
https://wikimon.net/images/9/9d/Dch-7-145_front.png
https://wikimon.net/images/5/57/Lotusmon_collectors_card2.jpg
https://wikimon.net/images/e/e0/Bellestarrmon_ex_collectors_card.jpg
https://wikimon.net/images/5/56/Angewomon_collectors_card.jpg
https://wikimon.net/images/7/7b/Lilithmon_collectors_card.jpg

Like I said there, it annoys me because the Palmon like is my personal fav Digimon line even Rosemon and I think Lilithmon is cool as well, but their never allowed to be cool with excessive jiggle physics or overt sexualzation or making Rosemon's boobs bigger. Like this is how she looked in the early 00s when Rosemon was first introduced for the Pendulum like of the Virtual Pets in official artwork compare to modern artwork of her:
Rosemon.jpg

Dch-6-529_front.png

And also what bothers me is just the sheer lack of imagination with it. The original intent with Digimon's designs was that they were invoke monster movies and western horror, fantasy and Sci-Fi (see the many early Digimon with Spawn demon like mouths, the bugs being inspired by Xenomorphs or the 5th Virtual pets have parodies of the Grelims and Critters being the two Child Level digimon while the Adults were all based on Godzilla monsters etc), yet like only about 5 coded women Digimon get to be monsterous (The Biyomon line, Arukenimon, 2/3rds of the Palmon, Calmaramon and Magnadramon), most of the time it's sexy women in sexualized or revealing armour or clothes, Venusmon for is the worst when you compare her to the rest of the 11 Digimon based on the Roman Gods.

I just wish Digimon could give us more varied women Digimon, like Bride of Frankenstein (Boltmon exists why can't her?) for example or Saddako or an evil doll, one based on the countless of many women Yokai like Pokemon has to great effect, a Gorgon, a Hyena, a naked mole rat or something truly monstrous and original?

And I feel like such a hypocrite saying all this because I like Rosemon and Lillymon from the Palmon line and LadyDevimon, Ranamon (and evolved Calmaramon) and Lilithmon.

Sorry for the rant.

Rosemon's breast jiggle at the end of her evolution sequence in the Digimon Tri movies is just cringe worthy. I cringed so hard because it looked so unnaturally ridiculous.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, I feel like the same argument can be applied to Persona series since it's always ppl defending a male MC since it's like "tradition." I have played Digmon CS and I'm glad they offered a FeMC option in the remake since it didn't change much plot-wise but I felt like I was acknowledged.

I did like Digimon a lot when I was a kid but lately I fell out of love with it as I couldn't finish Hacker's Memory but the original anime was p good.
There is zero reason the Persona games can't all have a female character option.
The player character is literally a blank slate.
You may have to do some minor rewriting around a few character interactions.
But it would be minor.

Although the anime cutscenes would be a bigger issue I guess, as they would have to double up on them, or cut them out entirely.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Dude lol I had no idea Digimon was so dirty. I only knew about the orange dinosaur and stuff

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Unless you're talking about Digimon games, the anime thread is that way:
www.resetera.com

Feminist Discussion of Anime and Manga |OT| Not your waifu OT

This is largely going to be a thread where people can discuss feminist theory of anime and manga as well as recommend ones that you believe show positive feminism. First let's briefly go over feminist theory. What is Feminist Theory? Feminist theory covers a broad range of topics, but for this...

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Minervamon was really fucking bad in xroswars I dropped it pretty early on for well being bad and just holy shit the horny levels were off the charts. I dont even mind some of the designs (Lilithmon is one of my favorite designs specially the butterfly themed X one) but shit this in your face in a kids show of all things just wasnt flying for me.

nsfw in spoilers
iUjcEBa.jpg
IVIf5R8.jpg

OY3subF.jpg
e27jHKc.jpg

hwnYTMM.png

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
There is zero reason the Persona games can't all have a female character option.
The player character is literally a blank slate.
You may have to do some minor rewriting around a few character interactions.
But it would be minor.

Although the anime cutscenes would be a bigger issue I guess, as they would have to double up on them, or cut them out entirely.
They could just do what most anime games do lately with this and just have both potential protags participate in the anime cutscenes at different levels. It's not hard to give more options, especially for blank slate characters. It's just laziness / condescension.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Not to drudge this up again, but I wonder if there are still people crying out about the "nerf" in Tifa's chest.

Because I'm playing the game now, and you would have to be objectively delusional to ever think she was "small".

Also in regards to the above screenshot....

I went with "exotic" because I was really curious about the reaction.

She shows surprise, but instead of the usual "Pervert!" response you would expect, she instead says she'll do it on the condition that Cloud goes all out as well.

I found that rather adorable and refreshing.[/sppoiler]

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Not to drudge this up again, but I wonder if there are still people crying out about the "nerf" in Tifa's chest.

Because I'm playing the game now, and you would have to be objectively delusional to ever think she was "small".

She shows surprise, but instead of the usual "Pervert!" response you would expect, she instead says she'll do it on the condition that Cloud goes all out as well.

she sucks in this game. They infantilized the shit out of her and make her even more passive and shy. She's totally catered for weebs now.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019

Exact same reaction to mature.

But it determines her dress in chapter 9.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
she sucks in this game. They infantilized the shit out of her and make her even more passive and shy. She's totally catered for weebs now.
Oh Lucifer, I just looked it up and Motomu Toriyama worked on the game as co-director and he also co-wrote the script. Fuck. Obviously they needed someone to handle the women in the game because Nomura is inept in that regard but I didn't know they grabbed him.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm? I don't think this is true. There's some male gaze-y stuff and "girly anime mannerisms" going on that is worth criticizing, but much of the time she's pretty normal and the camera doesn't constantly focus on her tits & ass. Like, she's about a million times better than Cidney in FFXV. She has her vulnerable moments but she's also confident a lot of the time. The biggest change is them playing up her being uncomfortable about the way Avalanche is going about their ecoterrorism. I don't think there's that much infantalizing going on (though I'm only up to the wall market part, so I haven't seen everything). Like, even up to this point Tifa has been all "Cloud, I got this" and shown she can handle herself several times.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm? I don't think this is true. There's some male gaze-y stuff and "girly anime mannerisms" going on that is worth criticizing, but much of the time she's pretty normal and the camera doesn't constantly focus on her tits & ass. Like, she's about a million times better than Cidney in FFXV. She has her vulnerable moments but she's also confident a lot of the time. The biggest change is them playing up her being uncomfortable about the way Avalanche is going about their ecoterrorism. I don't think there's that much infantalizing going on (though I'm only up to the wall market part, so I haven't seen everything). Like, even up to this point Tifa has been all "Cloud, I got this" and shown she can handle herself several times.

I mean she's not Cindy or Iris obviously, she's fairly normal yeah, but all her extra scenes is about her feeling vulnerable, the whole Avalance subplot makes her not even as confident as the original considering she (chapter 4)
unlike the original, where she quickly stops Cloud and makes him fullfill their promise, even cheering him up when he feels like he's not worth to follow the promise, now she only goes around "I feel trapped Cloud" while shutting down in front of Barret about it because she's scared, and leaving Cloud go because she doesn't dare to say him anything. It is Cloud this time who reminds the promise and decides to come back to stay with Tifa to help her, doesn't even make sense considering the real reason why Tifa wants to have Cloud around, but she's super passive in this game. We even have an NPC now reminding us now to take care of her in every dialogue (the old lady). I find all of it extremely unnecessary and feels like the game wants her to portray her as another "needs to be protected" girl. Maybe she moving like an idiot everytime she speaks influences my view about her, won't deny that

It gets better after the first couple of characters, because the plot starts to focus more on the story and less on the characters It's the problem with the remake writting IMO, they overblown the original traits so Cloud is even more of a badass, Barret is even more of an angry big dude, Tifa even more of a passive and shy girl, and Aeris even more sassy. So everyone gets better in the second half (other than having a scene in almost every chapter of Cloud saving Tifa of getting hit or having something fall on her)..

On a related note everyone's probably already heard but wow, they made Jessie thirsty af for Cloud in this one.

It's not that bad when you realize (Ch.4)
part of it is her messing around

Oh Lucifer, I just looked it up and Motomu Toriyama worked on the game as co-director and he also co-wrote the script. Fuck. Obviously they needed someone to handle the women in the game because Nomura is inept in that regard but I didn't know they grabbed him.

To be fair for the most part the writting is better than XIII, the problem is structure wise it feels a lot like XIII, which as a game it's probably a worse thing lol

Last edited:

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I mean she's not Cindy or Iris obviously, she's fairly normal yeah, but all her extra scenes is about her feeling vulnerable, the whole Avalance subplot makes her not even as confident as the original considering she (chapter 4)
unlike the original, where she quickly stops Cloud and makes him fullfill their promise, even cheering him up when he feels like he's not worth to follow the promise, now she only goes around "I feel trapped Cloud" while shutting down in front of Barret about it because she's scared, and leaving Cloud go because she doesn't dare to say him anything. It is Cloud this time who reminds the promise and decides to come back to stay with Tifa to help her, doesn't even make sense considering the real reason why Tifa wants to have Cloud around, but she's super passive in this game. We even have an NPC now reminding us now to take care of her in every dialogue (the old lady). I find all of it extremely unnecessary and feels like the game wants her to portray her as another "needs to be protected" girl. Maybe she moving like an idiot everytime she speaks influences my view about her, won't deny that

It gets better after the first couple of characters, because the plot starts to focus more on the story and less on the characters It's the problem with the remake writting IMO, they overblown the original traits so Cloud is even more of a badass, Barret is even more of an angry big dude, Tifa even more of a passive and shy girl, and Aeris even more sassy. So everyone gets better in the second half (other than having a scene in almost every chapter of Cloud saving Tifa of getting hit or having something fall on her)..

It's not that bad when you realize (Ch.4)
part of it is her messing around

To be fair for the most part the writting is better than XIII, the problem is structure wise it feels a lot like XIII, which as a game it's probably a worse thing lol
While somewhat true, they also make a point to make Tifa say & show that she's not some damsel in distress who needs saving. The land lady thing I feel was more of a "she needs a true friend" and less of a "she needs a saviour". And I dunno, I don't think having someone in the main party show distress about the extreme methods of Avalanche is a bad change. I don't think that makes her overly vulnerable, just adds some dimension to Avalanche

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
While somewhat true, they also make a point to make Tifa say & show that she's not some damsel in distress who needs saving. The land lady thing I feel was more of a "she needs a true friend" and less of a "she needs a saviour". And I dunno, I don't think having someone in the main party show distress about the extreme methods of Avalanche is a bad change. I don't think that makes her overly vulnerable, just adds some dimension to Avalanche

It's not about the distress, that's fine, it's just the execution and changing old scenes to give her less agency.

Jan 11, 2018

That shouldn't come as a surprise since he was also responsible for the entire Wall Market section of the original game.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding FF7R I'm interested to hear how people feel about Scarlett because... well... they definetly focused their attention of some of her physical features instead of developing much of a character

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
It's not about the distress, that's fine, it's just the execution and changing old scenes to give her less agency.

I'm not very far in -- only going to the second reactor -- but if anything so far, I'd say Tifa shows significantly more self-confidence and competence? Disagreeing with Avalanche's (perceived) methods (the ones , themselves, didn't even intend) displays more agency, not less, because she's going against the grain rather than quietly tagging along, tacitly approving of the casualties.

She's... not well-handled at all in the original game, having just replayed it. She had approximately zero confidence in herself, her memories, or what to do. Basically her entire personality boiled down to quiet confusion and demure deference -- even when she's the point-of-view character working to save Cloud! The party had to practically coach her along and hold her hand. It was maddening to play. Aerith was the one with all the street smarts, confidence, and character.

Absolutely agree that the anime mannerisms and such are frustrating in Remake, though.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not very far in -- only going to the second reactor -- but if anything so far, I'd say Tifa shows significantly more self-confidence and competence? Disagreeing with Avalanche's (perceived) methods (the ones , themselves, didn't even intend) displays more agency, not less, because she's going against the grain rather than quietly tagging along, tacitly approving of the casualties.

She's... not well-handled at all in the original game, having just replayed it. She had approximately zero confidence in herself, her memories, or what to do. Basically her entire personality boiled down to quiet confusion and demure deference -- even when she's the point-of-view character working to save Cloud! The party had to practically coach her along and hold her hand. It was maddening to play. Aerith was the one with all the street smarts, confidence, and character.

Absolutely agree that the anime mannerisms and such are frustrating in Remake, though.

I would agree if she did anything more about it than what she did in Ch.4.
She's going along the grain like in the original, they just now show you that she doesn't want to, but doesn't have the courage to do anything about it (unless something happens way later that changes that). Atleast it's how I see it, as I said my problem is the execution more than this subplot per se.

I agree totally on what you said about her OG character, but a lot of it it's shown after Midgar, we'll see how they do it here once the day comes (if it comes lol).

Anyways, I feel like I'm starting to look too nitpicky now lol and it starting to be more of a spoiler thread discussion than the issue of the thread.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Slowly progressing though Cold Steel 3. I love the battle system and there are cool plot elements so far, but man the number of times I facepalmed myslef is mind boggling. In some ways I think it may even be worse than Xenoblade 2. At least this game had the "honesty" of being upfront about its stupid sexist tropes.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Tifa acts really weird in CH. 3 but it tapers down a bit after (I'm only on CH 8 mind you).

Still, it's pretty bad and keeps showing up here and there. I wish they would take notes from recent Capcom about doing localization and how to animate women during casual scenes. Or maybe, you know, talk to human women.

.....Although the whole thing crosses the line for me with being so anime at times. For example with every other character(men and women) fawning at Cloud ("OMG SO COOL") and wanting to be frans or fuck him. And then the game will have genuinely charming moments between characters making it all the more frustrating. ...So I think there's a larger all encompassing issue

Alright I'll shut up 😅

EDIT: I need to not post when tired so I don't make 50 edits

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So...given certain spoilers affecting future parts, I have a weird question.

Since this is a time travel thing now, I'm wondering if them not killing off Areith would go. On one hand, not fridging the character would be nice but on the other hand, Areith's death does actually factory heavily into the remaining parts of FFVII.

Last edited:

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
So...given certain spoilers affecting future parts, I have a weird question.

Since this is a time travel thing now, I'm wondering if them not killing off Areith would go. On one hand, not fridging the character would be nice but on the other hand, Areith's death does actually factory heavily into the remaining parts of FFVII.
Oh my, I clicked the spoiler thinking it was something from the original you spoiler tagged as a courtesy. It's not, it's something completely new.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
On chapter 5 of ff7, and gotta say im really am interested in what square is doing with Tifa. So far no complaints on her character, however her jpop mannerisms can be a bit much at times. But they are easy to overlook.

Sidenote, Barret and his daughter are precious together.

Oct 25, 2017
On chapter 5 of ff7, and gotta say im really am interested in what square is doing with Tifa. So far no complaints on her character, however her jpop mannerisms can be a bit much at times. But they are easy to overlook.
its been a while since ive played ff7 and im only in chapter 3 of the remake, but tifa seems more confident and assertive than she was in the original. her concern for Cloud is still there and shes still reserved, but she is not as timid and doesnt deflect as much. i like her. feels like the same character, but improved

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Turin

Oct 27, 2017

Perhaps I have a threshold for it 🤷‍♂️

But yes, Barret is pretty great overall. I'm enjoying the camaraderie he has with everyone.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

I'm only 5 hours into the Remake but I will say that it is most definitely a Nomura game. In terms of story telling and characters, his fingerprint is unmistakable. The best way I can describe Cloud and Tifa's incarnations in this game is that it feels like they adapted the original characters into the Kingdom Hearts games and then adapted the KH versions into a Final Fantasy game.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only 5 hours into the Remake but I will say that it is most definitely a Nomura game. In terms of story telling and characters, his fingerprint is unmistakable. The best way I can describe Cloud and Tifa's incarnations in this game is that it feels like they adapted the original characters into the Kingdom Hearts games and then adapted the KH versions into a Final Fantasy game.
Hmmm not really seeing that. Especially cloud. He was a personality void in kh, here he's pretty much the same cocky guy from the og. Tifa, I'd even say is in line with her og counterpart too. In kh, her world was basically just cloud and saving him. Here, she's struggling with her own issues, not everything is about him.

Oct 25, 2017
Was Tifa's designed changed at all? This basically seems like what one would expect from the OG FF7 game.

What a stark difference however, going from RE3 Jill to FF7R Tifa.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
been replaying the RE games, well some RE games, time to replay 5 (which im actually a big fan of), not 2 minutes into the game, we get Sheva introduced... like this

nZZ7Mfz.jpg

Come on Capcom...

ANd then they forget about her immediately. We may never see her again.

If you think that's bad, just wait till you get a load of Aerith. And my goodness, Jessie lays it on thick too. It's OBNOXIOUS!

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
If you think that's bad, just wait till you get a load of Aerith. And my goodness, Jessie lays it on thick too. It's OBNOXIOUS!
Maybe I'm just less familiar with the original (admittedly it's been almost 10 years since I played it last), but I've been way more invested in Aerith's character than I ever remember being. Yeah, I'll grant that she's a lot more "anime" this time, with all the good and bad that come with it. But she's also more engaging, I think.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
Maybe I'm just less familiar with the original (admittedly it's been almost 10 years since I played it last), but I've been way more invested in Aerith's character than I ever remember being. Yeah, I'll grant that she's a lot more "anime" this time, with all the good and bad that come with it. But she's also more engaging, I think.

I guess what annoys me is that I don't understand her motives. Tifa makes sense, but not Aerith.

I do like her affinity for flowers...and nature in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.