• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I'd love to see some of the opinions from the women here regarding the "positive sexualization thread" Not to intervene in the conversation already happening but i totally get the vibe of men thinking they know what's good for women vibe.
I think the fact that a good portion of the posters in that thread are men giving their opinions just on female characters like Bayo and 2B says it all.

I'd love to see some of the opinions from the women here regarding the "positive sexualization thread" Not to intervene in the conversation already happening but i totally get the vibe of men thinking they know what's good for women vibe.
It helps if they asked questions instead of peculating what makes a good outfit. Real talk I use to be the man who saw women's complains of outfits in games as angry over spilled milk but once gamergate happen and learned of who really were making decisions on the designs (obviously males) it was no longer about art but controls of others bodies.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It helps if they asked questions instead of peculating what makes a good outfit. Real talk I use to be the man who saw women's complains of outfits in games as angry over spilled milk but once gamergate happen and learned of who really were making decisions on the designs (obviously males) it was no longer about art but controls of others bodies.

It's just massively frustrating to see "women" and "being a woman" so thoroughly conflated with "willing to dance for the camera" :s

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it was no longer about art but controls of others bodies.
To go on a tangent, this is why I've been wary of attributing objectification to being "horny." It suggests that the behavior of a person or group of people is biological rather than an ideological attitude. It's not about those who perpetuate sexism being in a state of arousal. It's about control, and otherwise about how patriarchal aspects are uncritically absorbed and reused because that's what's seen as normal by the people who are most oblivious to that ideology.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You aren't wrong about the vibe, and lol I'm trying >.<
Yeah i just eventually gave up. Like I get it, you like bayonetta. That's fine. I have no problem with that. But don't try and sell it like something it's not.

but i definitely started losing my cool at the conflation of women with sexual display.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well today in hot takes apparently the true reason we don't have communism is because without capitalism, hot girls would never have a reason to date ugly guys.

...at this point its amazing how I can find sexist arguments no matter what the topic.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Well today in hot takes apparently the true reason we don't have communism is because without capitalism, hot girls would never have a reason to date ugly guys.

...at this point its amazing how I can find sexist arguments no matter what the topic.

Dude, Etcetera is a fucking war zone right now (pun semi-intended). Weekend ERA started early.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017

Wait, what??? That is just... where the heck is that thread?? I'm nosy now with the insanity of it all 😂

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of bitterness and cynicism some men get when the discussion of women's dating preferences comes up will never stop surprising me.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Yeah, I can understand making the characters relatable for the audience of your game; bring that LIS might not be aimed at my demographic. I just believe that there's only so much you can do with relatability to where the characters become unlikable while still being realistic for their personality and age. Apologies if it doesn't make too much sense, but in short LIS isn't much aiming towards my demographic, more so aiming towards late-teen girls.

That's why I like the characters in LiS. Chloe Price is a selfish asshole but you still learn to empathize with her as the story goes on. It's honestly refreshing. It's one of the big reasons why I love adventure and 'walking simulators' games. They try to aim for showing real people and not fan service stereotypes.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, maybe they're be ok? Costume design hasn't been awful this Fire Emblem game but yeah still lolworthy.
Regardless it's still skeevy that they're giving you the option to put an character abused in order to be trained to the perfect subservient wife into a maid outfit for the player's pleasure.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless it's still skeevy that they're giving you the option to put an character abused in order to be trained to the perfect subservient wife into a maid outfit for the player's pleasure.

Yeah you're right. Then again, maybe that's why the changed the dialogue with Bernie in those supports so they could pretend to skirt around the issue.

Also yay, they finally are adding the sauna.../s

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Like, I shouldn't be surprised that the franchise that literally invented the "Thousand year-old dragon trapped in a loli body" and the same game that has the tea party zoom-in to continue being skeevy... but fuck man. Cynicism abounding.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, I shouldn't be surprised that the franchise that literally invented the "Thousand year-old dragon trapped in a loli body" and the same game that has the tea party zoom-in to continue being skeevy... but fuck man. Cynicism abounding.

Funny thing is that so far, all of the DLC is still a step up compared to Fates. There is no inexpiable beach scene and costumes, there's no face petting, the costume design is 10x better (though certain unplayble characters are still ridiculously skimpy). Even with all this bullshit incoming, it's still a step up.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Does that mean bulter outfits will be there too?

So far I just find Manula and Cordelia to be just the worst kinds of character writing. I still can't get over Byleth's tummy shirt 30+ hrs later.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I guess this is a lesson in "don't buy DLC if they haven't announced everything that will be part of it yet"

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I know the game has a very acquired taste when it comes to the look but I appreciate what we have seen thus far of the Female Create-a-Character for The Surge 2.

http:///HaFd.png

http:///IaFd.png

I know it's probably not as unusual in the Souls-like genre but it's appreciated that it seems there is no difference between male and female armor in the game.

Also a gif from Sunhi that shows another CaC and a female enemy!

(This thread is to also highlight good examples, right? Just making sure. Don't want to disrupt any conversation and be a nuisance.)

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More as in outfits that relates to Maids and Butlers?

From the thread:

Wave 3
Free DLC

• New playable character: Jeritza (certain routes only)
  • New support conversations [presumably featuring Jeritza]
  • New activities
  • New online features
Paid DLC

• New playable character: Anna
  • New monastery facilities
  • New online [features?]
  • Anna and Jeritza paralogue
  • New quests (around 10)
  • New activities: Sauna [who didn't see this coming?], playing with dogs and cats(!)
  • New costumes: Maid, Butler and more
  • New battalions: Maid and Butler
Wave 4
Paid DLC

• Side story: Abyss Mode
  • New playable characters: Juris, Balthazar, Constanze and Javi [tentative translations]
  • New support conversations
  • New monastery facilities
  • New online features
  • New classes (4)
  • New enemy monsters
  • New hero relics
  • New paralogues
  • New quests
  • New battalions
  • New gambits
  • New costumes for Byleth (male), Byleth (female) and Sothis

It's not clear at the moment.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Stuff like the sauna and other new monastery features make it feel like you're paying for the DLC to get a finished game.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, is there any video game equivalent to Dick Grayson, as in a male character that is so defied by his sexual characteristics that its an integral part of his character?

EEv0-2mX4AA2OzX

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
So, is there any video game equivalent to Dick Grayson, as in a male character that is so defied by his sexual characteristics that its an integral part of his character?

Maybe DmC Dante? His introduction was pretty spicey. But it's certainly nowhere near the same level as Dick Grayson. I don't think there is a character like that.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
That's why I like the characters in LiS. Chloe Price is a selfish asshole but you still learn to empathize with her as the story goes on. It's honestly refreshing. It's one of the big reasons why I love adventure and 'walking simulators' games. They try to aim for showing real people and not fan service stereotypes.
walking simulators are most definitely a favorite or fine for the same reasons.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone remind me why many mention 2B as a sex-positive icon?? I feel like I'm really missing something despite playing the game

I like the character = sex positive character. That's basically it. The bare minimun of a sex positive character is so low for some that basically falls down to shaking ass proudly on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.