• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Some photos of Kazakh women from historic movie (sorry if its a bit offtopic)
15877205_136212983549624_7945272116973142016_n.jpg

2016_20_12__05_31_25__992.jpg
\

tumblr_inline_ojkj0uKxbx1tc3ra6_1280.jpg
There, see Monster Hunter? It's not so hard.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Some photos of Kazakh women from historic movie (sorry if its a bit offtopic)
15877205_136212983549624_7945272116973142016_n.jpg

2016_20_12__05_31_25__992.jpg
\

tumblr_inline_ojkj0uKxbx1tc3ra6_1280.jpg

If you wanna see a good approximation of that in a game, look up beta gameplay videos of Mount & Blade II Bannerlord. They have three pre-set characters and one of them looks to be a sort of Turkik or Central Asian-style heroine.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Okay seriously wtf are those shorts that Yda in FF14 is wearing?!?!
Those of you who played ff14 know what I'm talking about. How do you even put them on?

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
The only way those shorts work is if they're two adhesive strips. Not fun to take off, I bet.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Those of you who played ff14 know what I'm talking about. How do you even put them on?
Ever heard of fundoshi? :P

(Sparing you a google search, is that thong sumo folks use, fullmetal alchemist's alphonse is the best example i can find lol)

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that's a shame since I saw a lot of cool fanart and now I'm like why do ppl even care about him.

Apparently if he's not dating a women who isn't interested in his crest or his nobility, he can turn out some decent supports. His support with Bernadetta is more genuine praise for her writing than flirting for instance. Then there's his one with F!Byleth where he outright says he hates the women he dates because they have to be shallow for dating him, that's why he's justified in dropping them and cheating on them when its convinient.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I've mentioned it before, but his supports with Flayn are about hitting on her. If you've seen Flayn you know the problem there!

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Apparently if he's not dating a women who isn't interested in his crest or his nobility, he can turn out some decent supports. His support with Bernadetta is more genuine praise for her writing than flirting for instance. Then there's his one with F!Byleth where he outright says he hates the women he dates because they have to be shallow for dating him, that's why he's justified in dropping them and cheating on them when its convinient.
I've mentioned it before, but his supports with Flayn are about hitting on her. If you've seen Flayn you know the problem there!

Ouch, not sure how I hoped he'd improve but not like this.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eh he still says stupid ass shit well into the later supports, I have no idea why people think he has a more meaningful turn in the second half... They must have a low bar for what passes as decent.

They had a good idea for his motives but they botched it by having to fill a womanizer trope check box. In a game with so many actual good characters he stands out like a sore thumb.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Manuela's support with him is bad all around!

In the early ones Manuela wonders if she should bone and marry her sexy student, Sylvain. By the end she decides no, she doesn't want to marry him because he's too much of a cad. Perfectly normal teacher thoughts, Nintendo.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing through Gears 5 and I immediately fell in love with Lizzie Carmine, niece of Clayton Carmine. She's just cool and badass without the game having to qualify it.
kev-chu-05.jpg

So it's really unfortunate that

She dies in the first act just so JD can develop as a character.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing through Gears 5 and I immediately fell in love with Lizzie Carmine, niece of Clayton Carmine. She's just cool and badass without the game having to qualify it.
kev-chu-05.jpg

It's separate from her design but I feel like they went a little too hard on the "badass entrance" to try to ingratiate you to her. Especially when the rest of the game (at least so far) is unendingly bleak and grim.

She's a Carmine.
There is no other fate.
Clayton is in the game; he lived at the end of 3. In fact I think this was based on the better selling of two different t-shirts for Xbox avatars for charity, one that said "KILL CARMINE" and the other "SAVE CARMINE" or something to that effect.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Well now I know all about what happens to Carmine without having to click any spoiler tags lol

Don't worry, I would have guessed her fate the moment I saw her introduced anyway

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
If it helps, player characters can wear them too. That said she gets a new outfit later that i love. Ff14 is actually pretty great when it comes to outfits. With only a couple misses i can think of.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
It's separate from her design but I feel like they went a little too hard on the "badass entrance" to try to ingratiate you to her. Especially when the rest of the game (at least so far) is unendingly bleak and grim.
I didn't really mind that part since it fits the rest of the series. Like Cole Train is shouting cocky lines 24/7 and Clayton Carmine was introduced as a badass in 3 despite the bleakness of that story.

May 26, 2018
Watching the most recent FFVIIR gameplay and realized Jessie in the original must have actually
died from horrific boob plate-induced death. I think it can be described as some kind of industrial sculpture.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, on the plus side I am actually impressed that Three Houses DLC did not go in the fanservice skimpy clothing DLC.

...on the other hand, I did not know Koei Tecmo loved Basketball teams so much

EEJocFyUwAAnR7Q.png

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
If it helps, player characters can wear them too. That said she gets a new outfit later that i love. Ff14 is actually pretty great when it comes to outfits. With only a couple misses i can think of.
In Shadowbringers you mean?
because in StormBlood, she is just put on a red jacket and red...longthigh Stockings. Them short shorts are still thereeeeeeeeeeee

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Some people find his later ones better but I can't stand the guy.
I believe he acts this way because he thinks that women are only after his bloodline.
However, later he discovers that he was wrong all along and that's when he becomes a more likeable character. Personally him and Raphael are my favorite male characters in the game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the red dress isn't that much better:

9PK6NlS.png

Her storyline in SB is kind of the bigger problem, imo, but that's been ranted about to death.

Aurelia Borel

Oct 30, 2017
Ehhh, I really like it. Might not be for everyone, but I thought it looked great.

To each their own. I think it doesn't really suit Lyse or her job. There's a reason why people thought this look was a dancer tease back when they first showed us the SB trailer, and I really can't imagine all that flowing fabric around her legs is conducive to actual monk combat. And there's virtually no scenario in which a gratuitous boob window makes sense in my book.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
To each their own. I think it doesn't really suit Lyse or her job. There's a reason why people thought this look was a dancer tease back when they first showed us the SB trailer, and I really can't imagine all that flowing fabric around her legs is conducive to actual monk combat. And there's virtually no scenario in which a gratuitous boob window makes sense in my book.
I mean it's a final fantasy game, most of the outfits are not conducive to the jobs. I think at most in ff14 only the tanks and dragoons actually have armor suited for their jobs. With monks, they basically just wear a version of shorts and a tee shirt. Besides, flowing fabric in hand to hand combat isn't actually a new thing. Hell even with some sword play.

But like you said, it's up to an individual person's taste. And for me it's a great outfit.

Last edited:

Aurelia Borel

Oct 30, 2017
I mean it's a final fantasy game, most of the outfits are not conducive to the jobs. I think at most in ff14 only the tanks and dragoons actually have armor suited for their jobs. With monks, they basically just wear a version of shorts and a tee shirt. Besides, flowing fabric in hand to hand combat isn't actually a new thing. Hell even with some sword play.

But like you said, it's up to an individual person's taste. And for me it's a great outfit.

True, there are plenty of outfits in FFXIV that don't make much sense for what the job actually has your character do. I recall the dragoon artifact gear where only female characters had an exposed midriff for some nonsensical reason, for example.

You're free to like her outfit, of course. All I'm saying is that, to me, it has problems. Honestly, the boob window bothers me more than the rest of it because, like all boob windows, it's just pointless sexualization.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
True, there are plenty of outfits in FFXIV that don't make much sense for what the job actually has your character do. I recall the dragoon artifact gear where only female characters had an exposed midriff for some nonsensical reason, for example.

You're free to like her outfit, of course. All I'm saying is that, to me, it has problems. Honestly, the boob window bothers me more than the rest of it because, like all boob windows, it's just pointless sexualization.
Oh yeah that dragoon armor. that annoyed me to no end. Glad that they didn't do something like that with the heavensward armor.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
kev-chu-05.jpg

It bugs me that her first name doesn't begin with a D. Did they already have the D-K Carmines in Gears 4?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
kev-chu-05.jpg

She's a Carmine, what did you expect :p

Status
Not open for further replies.