• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAlchemy

May 2, 2019

It's exhausting. Being on the Internet is exhausting. I guess most of the people nowadays do go to places like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, places I'm done with, places where even at their best it seems there's nothing to do but build your personal brand. It's exhausting going through decades of dogpiling to the point where whenever does speak up it's only out of a sense of grim necessity rather than an actual sense that one's beliefs matter to the majority of those who feel moved to speak. It's exhausting constantly trying to tell oneself that whatever one is going through is "not that bad".

I hope that one day there will be a place on the Internet where women, by and large, are able to feel comfortable talking about things that affect them. Hasn't happened yet, though.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Kinsei left? Such a huge shame.

I can totally understand why though, when you have people ignoring your issues and insulting you at the same it starts to be really frustrating.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It is important to understand when it is afecting you and take a step back because in the end, it is still talking to people on the internet about videogames and your mental health is more important than that

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw Kinsei's thread, man what the fuck at those responses :(
Sorry they had to deal with that kind of vitriol, completely unwarranted and undeserved.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. She was one of those posters I'd stop to read when just skimming a thread.

Good luck to her.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to give a shout out to Dauntless for it's inclusive character creator. The game doesn't start with a gender option. In fact, there doesn't seem to be a gender option at all. You start by choosing two ancestors, including two females or two males, and then use a slider to determine how many traits you'll inherit from each. Pretty neat.

Great job Phoenix Labs!

Last edited:

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Boss design from the Cyberpunk 2077 E3 demo:
image_cyberpunk_2077-40557-2618_0001.jpg

And character renders of Brigitte and Bug from the same demo:
image_cyberpunk_2077-40557-2618_0002.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-40557-2618_0003.jpg

+ Concept arts they had at their E3 booth:
D8-yp-sVUAIVy3Y.jpg

D8-yp-tUYAAZzyE.jpg

D8-yp-sU8AAX0uU.jpg

D8-yp-sVUAABq8M.jpg

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to posting that feminism anime and manga thread. Anyone here is free to participate in it if you want.

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Sometimes I wish a game studio would hire Balak to do the character design and animation for a Yuri Visual Novel or life is strange romance ...

Especially when he is tapping in his romantic mood ....

His personal Inky gallery is just filled with drawing like these lately :

Someone please give this man a budget and pair him up with a lesbian writer !!!

And then do the same with a gay writer

Last edited:

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Sometimes I wish a game studio would hire Balak to do the character design and animation for a Yuri Visual Novel or life is strange romance ...

Especially when he is tapping in his romantic mood ....

His personaly Inky gallery is just filled with drawing like these lately :

Someone please give this man a budget and pair him up with a lesbian writer !!!

And then do the same with a gay writer

He announced this week he's working on a new animated series called Princess Apocalypse. It's a romcom where the two main characters (both female) are a 'space uber driver' and 'the biggest idol in the universe, who is also possessed by a blood thirsty demon'. Could be fun to watch.

I'll post some Twitter links when I get home.

Edit: Here are a couple

Last edited:

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
He announced this week he's working on a new animated series called Princess Apocalypse. It's a romcom where the two main characters (both female) are a 'space uber driver' and 'the biggest idol in the universe, who is also possessed by a blood thirsty demon'. Could be fun to watch.

I'll post some Twitter links when I get home.
Yeah I know I know but that's once again bobbypills taping in his ability to do "big tiddy" tastefully and always surround himself by good writers .

But that's why I refered to his inky , in this gallery he drops the drawings of what HE would like to work on . And lately he's been in a lesbian and gay romance mood and his drawings are faaaar away from his usual sexy stuff . And I dunno when he is in a mood like that what he draws just screams "Give me the character design of a Life is Strange type game already !!!"

Also he is one of the few cartoonist out there to draw beautifull plus size ladies sexy ones yes , but also drawing them in a not so sexualized manner .
And lord knows that video games could use some more tastefull and postive representation of plus sized women

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Yeah I know I know but that's once again bobbypills taping in his ability to do "big tiddy" tastefully and always surround himself by good writers .

But that's why I refered to his inky , in this gallery he drops the drawings of what HE would like to work on . And lately he's been in a lesbian and gay romance mood and his drawings are faaaar away from his usual sexy stuff . And I dunno when he is in a mood like that what he draws just screams "Give me the character design of a Life is Strange type game already !!!"

Also he is one of the few cartoonist out there to draw beautifull plus size ladies sexy ones yes , but also drawing them in a not so sexualized manner .
And lord knows that video games could use some more tastefull and postive representation of plus sized women

Oh yeah my post's intention wasn't to say 'nah it's not worth exploring because he's already working on that one series'. Sorry if it weren't clear.

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Have you read the comics he works on in France you'd see that what he draws in those series is never gratuitous .

That doesn't prevent him from accepting commissions and for more male gazy shit .

Then again that's not all he draws and he is one of the few out there to draw :

Muscular woman and make them look beautifull and competent
When he does draw sex scenes with nudes the ladies and dudes come with pubic and armpit hair and don't look like underage lolis and shotas
He is unafraid to draw BBW in a sexy or non sexy context and make them look beautifull and positively depicts them
He draws gay scenes , and male nudes in a far better way than most of the garbage out there.
Lastly he grows tired of his image of "the best adult cartoonist out there who can draw big bellied big boobied women in the nude"

An example ? sure on inky (an artist type twitter france ip locked )
His wife : Honey can you draw me Zarya hugging Mei please ?
Balak : Why ?
His wife : Because Mei needs a Zarya hug .
Balak : That's it ? No more context ? I can do what I want ?
His wife : Yup carte blanche dude

Two hours later
Capture_du_2019-06-15_04-38-18.png

Balak : Happy ?
His wife : I feel better , because now I know YOU ARE ! Have a good rest of the day at work baby :)

Oh yeah my post's intention wasn't to say 'nah it's not worth exploring because he's already working on that one series'. Sorry if it weren't clear.
Trust me I know you didn't mean it that way I just wanted to precise that there is a stark difference between what he is paid to draw and what he wants to draw especially lately . Shame that inky doesn't open up to more countries because seriously the conversation he's having on it just goes to show that he is just dying to work on a project that is LGBT romance (an adult one preferably ) where there would be no sex scenes at all . Like he just wanna draws hugs and kisses and dates between queer characters that he would be asked to draw .

Hell last week he striaght up said that he had more fun drawing and animating Alex than Blaze in Streets of Rage 4

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

New Fire Emblem character revealed.

On one hand yay for more badass women!

On the other hand, why the boobplate!?! The outfit looks cool otherwise but man it sticks out.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I finally started playing Wild Guns Reloaded properly today and gosh Doris is so cool

RlEbOz0.jpg

Hucking grenades with her cyborg arms, cool robo rollerblade dash, she's just the best 😍

New Fire Emblem character revealed.

On one hand yay for more badass women!

On the other hand, why the boobplate!?! The outfit looks cool otherwise but man it sticks out.

She seems cool, but god that boobplate looks silly lol

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I ghadn't watched much Pokemon SW/SH footage only screenshots, but Nessa/Rurina's swimsuit in the JP ver. makes me shake my head.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Definitely one of my pet peeves with the game's costumes. They have some that do not have jiggle so it seems like an active choice to make it jiggle, especially when more and more costumes came with than without on armor type costumes.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of Maehwa's regular armor such as Grunil doesn't jiggle afaik.

Ah, I thought you meant outfits for a moment. Although I don't think the cooking outfit has jiggling physics either. I figured they just used the same rig or something on all costumes so the jiggle persists, but if it really is a conscious choice, that is some next-level dumb.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Ah, I thought you meant outfits for a moment. Although I don't think the cooking outfit has jiggling physics either. I figured they just used the same rig or something on all costumes so the jiggle persists, but if it really is a conscious choice, that is some next-level dumb.

There are some I seem to remember not having jiggle but it was rare enough that they seemed the exception. Maybe Crown Eagle or Acher Guard? Not that we have many well armoured costumes anyway. Even Acher has boob window and thigh gaps. I do like the edgy look of it tho. And heels... heels everywhere. Serendi a Soldier is still one of my favourites, a shame the graphics overhaul made it even harder to match colours.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I'm sure there is a vast amount of lore in the game that explains everything. And when we learn about the deep origin story of the jiggly boob plate we'll all be ashamed of our words and deeds.
Special, magical metallurgy techniques of the Jigglyboob Empire have allowed them to make metal alloys as flexible as a piece of cloth, but as durable as ordinary high grade steel.

Dec 18, 2017
Just saw this choice quote from the FFVII thread about a QnA with Nomura:

"We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action."

First, wait, Square Enix has an ethics department?

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Just saw this choice quote from the FFVII thread about a QnA with Nomura:

"We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action."

First, wait, Square Enix has an ethics department?
The thread mentions it could be another way to translate code of conduct.

Ethics can also be translated to code of conduct - and every large organisation has either departments or functional roles within organisations dealing/responsible for those kind of things.

You know, bribery, theft of information, sexual harassment, inappropriate depiction, etc.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I'm very glad they have a "Mature Adults" department to keep the rest of the company in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.