• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
1d05la89zbn21.jpg

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
That's super weird, I had that same ad yesterday but Girlfriend and Wife had swapped art. Ads are mysterious and sometimes gross, like does someone really want to play a game from that ad of all things?

I found the image on r/gacha. According to some posters there, pregnancy was portrayed in the second image at first, then changed to the below later on. Possibly due to feedback saying how fucked up that is. Not like things are anywhere close to okay now.

5DnSkW9sz0JMLaTIcn6al2ttwZEnl3eOYGk54Gt10LY.png

Guess she finally decided to tell him about the pregnancy six or so months in lmao

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found the image on r/gacha. According to some posters there, pregnancy was portrayed in the second image at first, then changed to the below later on. Possibly due to feedback saying how fucked up that is. Not like things are anywhere close to okay now.

Guess she finally decided to tell him about the pregnancy six or so months in lmao

...those last two images are literally the same except the heads are swapped...

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017

I'm getting more of those ads on youtube for some reason and I just want them to FUCKING STOP.
Enough with the creepy anime bullshit please.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Can someone else make a thread on Zelda being only playable in spin-offs over her own series (really the only exception is spirit tracks and even then its' only the final boss). I'd make it but I'd be accused of "being salty" and "not getting it" and "let's annihilate the bastard until he is cutting himself!"

I would be interested to take that plunge. It's been a thing that irked me for years, and even the spinoffs are sometimes very...odd about it.
The spinoff Triforce Heroes rather had multiple Links (and allowed one to crossdress as Zelda) than have her there

And then there's Skyward Sword, where Zelda is actually playing a Metal Gear Zelda game the entire time, and Link only follows her, leading to a much worse Story in the story-based Zelda game.

I'd be worried such a thread might be considered trolling, though: The opinion that Zelda could maybe use being playable tends to get a lot of anger from people, for some reason - woman trophy, man actor became an integral part in the eyes of many, from what I remember from my own interactions with the Zelda fandom.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would be interested to take that plunge. It's been a thing that irked me for years, and even the spinoffs are sometimes very...odd about it.
The spinoff Triforce Heroes rather had multiple Links (and allowed one to crossdress as Zelda) than have her there

And then there's Skyward Sword, where Zelda is actually playing a Metal Gear Zelda game the entire time, and Link only follows her, leading to a much worse Story in the story-based Zelda game.

I'd be worried such a thread might be considered trolling, though: The opinion that Zelda could maybe use being playable tends to get a lot of anger from people, for some reason - woman trophy, man actor became an integral part in the eyes of many, from what I remember from my own interactions with the Zelda fandom.

Oh, thank you but someone else made that thread already:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wi...alk-about-zeldas-playable-appearances.106601/

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, Blaster Master. OKAY.
54518110_1997376383899264_1774113714232885248_n.png

I also noticed not that long into playing it that they increased the bust of Eve for no good reason. Granted it isn't played for laughs like that screenshot, but it's still annoying to see that done when there really wasn't any fanservice that I can remember in the first game.

The gameplay mechanics are enough to overlook it somewhat, but it still annoys me.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I also noticed not that long into playing it that they increased the bust of Eve for no good reason. Granted it isn't played for laughs like that screenshot, but it's still annoying to see that done when there really wasn't any fanservice that I can remember in the first game.

The gameplay mechanics are enough to overlook it somewhat, but it still annoys me.
Absolutely agreed. I can't imagine there are many people thinking, "An NES style platformer? I'm not interested....unless there's some blatant pandering to lonely males that is."

I really feel this is more likely to drive those who would otherwise be interested away rather than the opposite.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017

Official game website character render

D2IqxsLUwAANUm7.jpg

well....

uhh as a fan of the original game, and of the remake....the new mechanics have sold me and I love me some master blaster....I cant help but just laugh at how ridiculous this is at this point.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Thinking about it, it's really only a joke if you've internalized that women exist only for the male gaze.

Dec 18, 2017

Have a screenshot of the original, because I was stunned enough seeing it that I sent it to my group chat:
acR3b1E.jpg

In addition to the bloat of Tik Tok ads, YouTube has a garbage algorithm if it thinks I'm going to buy any of this trash.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

D2IqxsLUwAANUm7.jpg

well....

uhh as a fan of the original game, and of the remake....the new mechanics have sold me and I love me some master blaster....I cant help but just laugh at how ridiculous this is at this point.
I love me some master blaster.

But I'm pretty disappointed that their inclusion for new female characters was literally an anthropamorphized pair of double G breasts with an actual intentional description that the rest of her features don't matter. This character is literally "BOOOOOOOOBS"

tenor.gif

I guess we should count our blessings that she wasn't in a vine bikini, but...whatever.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely agreed. I can't imagine there are many people thinking, "An NES style platformer? I'm not interested....unless there's some blatant pandering to lonely males that is."

I really feel this is more likely to drive those who would otherwise be interested away rather than the opposite.

Brands especially video game/anime are more about making character designs that fan art will be plentiful for.

Looking at lewd/NSFW art twitter and I've seen a few people already tweeting about doing the Watermelon boobs character art.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017

D2IqxsLUwAANUm7.jpg

well....

Is this what rejected Xenoblade 2 blades look like?

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I love me some master blaster.

But I'm pretty disappointed that their inclusion for new female characters was literally an anthropamorphized pair of double G breasts with an actual intentional description that the rest of her features don't matter. This character is literally "BOOOOOOOOBS"

tenor.gif

I guess we should count our blessings that she wasn't in a vine bikini, but...whatever.
For what it's worth, that CG is only on-screen for maybe 10 seconds. When you talk to her after that, you just see her portrait.

Oct 27, 2017

D2IqxsLUwAANUm7.jpg

well....

Is this supposed to look attractive for me as a straight male? Seriously what the hell is up with that character?

Oct 27, 2017
As I was saying in the Saboteur thread, anybody remembers when games used to have a "sexy nazi woman" fetish problem last gen? I remember Wolfenstein being one of those and it makes me glad we no longer get this garbage these days.
Well....the other character in the game also got some "Upgrades"

This is Blaster Master 1

latest

This is Blaster Master 2

chara01_02.jpg
I don't even know how to react to this. So from what the describtion tells us she got bigger breasts because of virus? *eyeroll*
Tbf that comment could be said about nearly every art fetish under the sun.
True.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But why go there in the first place though? This is what's not always clear to me. Their audience would have still liked and bought the game even with a more respectful treatment towards their women characters.

Why not? Realistically it's not about some sort of safe space but even the more mainstream audience for game thinks like this.
the-daily-telegraph-dailytelegraph-dt-follow-why-are-video-games-27764230.png

Shit I think that way sometimes

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Well....the other character in the game also got some "Upgrades"

This is Blaster Master 1

latest

This is Blaster Master 2

chara01_02.jpg
How much time has passed story-wise between BMZ1 and 2?

I only ask because she looks a lot younger in that first picture than in the second one. Yes, part of that is because her boobs are a lot bigger, but she just seems older to me. I think it's also the longer hair and the hips.

I guess they could've been trying to make her appear older while not changing her her face at all (thanks anime-artstyles), but I don't doubt they were happy to increase her bust beyond what would be needed to get the message across.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Why not? Realistically it's not about some sort of safe space but even the more mainstream audience for game thinks like this.
the-daily-telegraph-dailytelegraph-dt-follow-why-are-video-games-27764230.png

Shit I think that way sometimes

What makes you think the audience in need of big tiddy waifus is mainstream in any way? The audience for these particular titles is niche by all means. And them oversexualizing their characters only will make it increasingly so.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018

No, but the audience that DOES think like this sure wants to pretend they are the most mainstream audience for games and that this is needed.

BUt it's not. Shovel Knight sure didn't need it, now did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.