• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Sly trilogy has scores of 86, 88, and 84 respectively. The Infamous trilogy sits at 86, 84, and 80.

That's not great?
If they're so great, why do the scores keep getting lower with each game? I don't think they're terrible games by any means but GoT expectations should be tempered. SP are yet to make a truly great game and the actual minutiae of the gameplay is as-of-yet unknown because they keep giving us story trailers. I am personally expecting a good game, not a great one. I'd like nothing more than to be proven wrong and I'll take the crow if they deliver a classic.

Last edited:

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I wonder if knowing whats the attack and whats the block button increased the hype for somebody, lol.

lol Well they asked! It's not like Sucker Punch have been quiet or not revealed anything.

Also credit to benzy as I'm stealing their gifs. lol
furwbid.gif

Jan 20, 2019
If they're so great, why do the scores keep getting lower with each game? I don't think they're terrible games by any means but GoT expectations should be tempered. SP are yet to make a truly great game and the actual minutiae of the gameplay is as-of-yet unknown because they keep giving us story trailers. I am personally expecting a good game, not a great one. I'd like nothing more to be proven wrong and I'll take the crow if they deliver a classic.

They didnt, if you actualy bother to even going to metacrit you whould know that.

Munstre

Mar 7, 2020
I still have some questions about the exact nature of this game, but everything I've seen so far looks promising enough. It's not a day 1 purchase for me, but I am keeping a close eye on it and intend to play it eventually. The pedigree is certainly there, the production values are very high, and PS4 exclusive have good track record.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
If they're so great, why do the scores keep getting lower with each game? I don't think they're terrible games by any means but GoT expectations should be tempered. SP are yet to make a truly great game and the actual minutiae of the gameplay is as-of-yet unknown because they keep giving us story trailers. I am personally expecting a good game, not a great one. I'd like nothing more to be proven wrong and I'll take the crow if they deliver a classic.

Eh I think Sly 1/2 are better than most games out there.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like this game should tick all the right boxes for me (i love the setting, and Sly 2 and 3 and inFamous 2 are all fantastic) but it's just not done anything for me since they revealed it in 2017.
I'll probably end up preordering it, but I can't see it holding my interest if its open world is similar to Horizons or even inFamous.

Oct 28, 2017
Visually stunning, interesting premise, cool historical location, reputable studio that has been working on the game for a long time.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Some of those questions can be answered by watching the gameplay video or reading the interviews they have.

Yes, you can ride horses, yes there's a AI buddie, no its no co-op, no there's no multiplayer. They also gave more information than what you are asking.

Also is it that important whether you attack with the facebuttons or the shoulder buttons?

Like I said we'll be getting more information on the gameplay soon, so you might get answers to the other questions you have
Square = Light Attack
Triangle = Readies weapon aka draw your katana from the sheath. You can hold it and basically charge up a heavy attack or 1 hit counter attack as seen in the gameplay trailer.
L1 = Block and Parries
Circle = Dodge

I mean all of the trailers have shown the main character riding a horse. lol You can attack from it too. They revealed all this and more back in 2018 after the E3 gameplay trailer.
I guess we will see about their multiplayer features and control scheme......

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Graphics are good but they were good in death standing and we know how that turned out. so right now I'm not too excited. Sucker punch makes better games gameplay wise in my opinion so should be good. But I get nothing out of these trailers that show little or no gameplay. Looking forward to an extended preview of the gameplay

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
inFamous is the most fun I've had playing a game, SP are top notch when it comes to gameplay. The game looks incredible and flushed out so yeah, hugely hyped for this game to say the very least.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
wild-card prediction: halfway through the game you travel to FUTURE JAPAN, and you gotta stealth in a Blade Runner-like city

:^)
Dude no Joke. That was my original Prediction for Sekiro lol, i thought that they where gonna do that. My reasoing behind this was that i thought, they might try another Bloodborne like Twist, but this Time with Future Japan.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a Sony first-party third-person action game.

I find it hard to get to excited after Sekiro wound up being the perfect open world ninja game. Also, Sucker Punch is consistent but they haven't made anything great.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't really hyped at all until they revealed there wouldn't be waypoints or quest markers holding your hand. Still not completely sold, but that was enough to make me interested. Hopefully it points to rewarding exploration and strong world building/immersion.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
There was nine minutes of gameplay showed off a couple of years ago:

youtu.be

Ghost of Tsushima - E3 2018 Gameplay Debut | PS4

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/ghost-of-tsushima-ps4/In 1274, the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the Japanese island of Tsushima and slaughters its ...

And every snippet of gameplay we've seen in story trailers has matched up to that gameplay.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017

Metacritic was a mistake.

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
yes but it was highly scripted

So like every E3 gameplay trailer?

Were you expecting to see someone play the game for the first time and die?

Of course it was scripted, they wanted to show specific gameplay beats like every developer that makes E3 demos.

No one developer just boots up the game, play for 10 min, call it a day and release the footage.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I don't think they've released a game worth $60 yet but this looks worthy. I just hope the combat feels good or else it will suck.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
It's a Sony first-party third-person action game.

I find it hard to get to excited after Sekiro wound up being the perfect open world ninja game. Also, Sucker Punch is consistent but they haven't made anything great.
I personally wouldn't even consider Sekiro, Any of the Souls games or Bloodborne as open world games, They are games with areas in which you can explore and are all interconnected, but are not in the same vein of open world as lets say, The Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed or even Ghosts of Tsushima, if the way they are explaining open world is accurate.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I had an amazing time with Infamous, and I love samurai films. It hardly has to do any work to sell me.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because it's Sucker Punch, and the idea of them working on a game like this leaves me very interested and very excited.

I've loved pretty much all of their titles, from Sly to inFamous, and from what we've seen of Tsushima it could be their best project yet.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Why are people surprised that a game has hype when we've seen next to no gameplay though?
Elden Ring is already the game of whatever year it releases to loads of people, and if we're judging hype with metacritic scores then From Software are doing a hell of a lot worse than Sucker Punch lmao.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Everything about it looks great, and I've thought the same about SP's past works too, but the games themselves never really grabbed me. I don't use that as any sort of predictor of what Tsushima will be like though, because I think every game should be judged on its own, so we'll see!

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't get how gamers can be so narrow-minded. Its a beautiful, open world Samurai game and a new IP from a proven developer. It ain't that hard chief.
People LOVE to play stupid like "omg i don't undurstend how ppl r different than meee". Who cares if you're not hyped? There's plenty to be hyped about as people have explained here and to feign ignorance is at least 98% disingenuous.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
If they're so great, why do the scores keep getting lower with each game? I don't think they're terrible games by any means but GoT expectations should be tempered. SP are yet to make a truly great game and the actual minutiae of the gameplay is as-of-yet unknown because they keep giving us story trailers. I am personally expecting a good game, not a great one. I'd like nothing more than to be proven wrong and I'll take the crow if they deliver a classic.

sequel fatigue? idk, the Sly and Infamous games were great to me. If Tsushima is on par with them, that's good enough for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Second Son and First Light are weaker games admittedly, but nothing terrible.

At the end of the day, Sucker Punch still puts out consistently quality games, and 1 or 2 "lower" scoring games don't invalidate that. I mean Insomniac put out Fuse (not to mention a few throwaway R&C titles), but I don't see anyone calling them mediocre devs.