• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Here's why:

got.gif

got3.gif

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
Sly Cooper and Infamous = great history? Come on. They're not From Software. There is plenty of reason to be concerned that we've seen so little gameplay.
Surely a greater history than doing the same genre for over 10 years. And don't get me wrong, i adore From.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen enough gameplay to say it looks interesting. Developer pedigree also plays a part in it. I'm not even sure it's my cup of tea but nothing about it looks bad and I can understand why a lot of people are hyped for it

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
The side activities were "See a photo of an NPC and find them in the crowd", "Find the hidden camera", "Spray paint", "Collect audio logs" then rinse and repeat to death in each district. This is what worries me about GoT. I'm sure the gameplay itself will be good but I'm not confident in Sucker Punch to deliver meaningful content that utilize the good gameplay mechanics outside of story missions.

I think they will. You remember the E3 gameplay demo? That was a side quest.

In fact, the demo you just watched is part of Masako's storyline, a side adventure off the game's main path.
blog.us.playstation.com

Mud, Blood, and Steel: Ghost of Tsushima Gameplay Debut

Sucker Punch gives us an early first look at katana gameplay for their upcoming open-world action adventure set in 13th-century Japan.

IOTS

Dec 13, 2019
I find it odd and not in line with industry norms that we've seen so little gameplay so close to release, yeah. If I have any trust in the project it's because Sony are attached to the project, not because of Sucker Punch.
Thats what you are concerned about? Marketing?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Can understand the hype being for what we've already seen, I have zero interest in it so far though until we get a clear idea of how the combat works.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

this is by far the best thing I've seen of this game, wtf, why didn't we get trailers that show the game like this? Or did we and I'm missing something?
we did and you missed it

www.youtube.com

Ghost of Tsushima - Story Trailer | PS4

https://www.playstation.com/games/ghost-of-tsushima/?emcid=or-1s-412983With Tsushima on the brink of destruction, Jin Sakai must sacrifice everything to defe...

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
What is the button to attack? Bumpers or face buttons? Can we ride horses? Is there a button to enter stealth? Does the field of view change when we enter stealth? How does the 1 hit KO work? Is their a stamina meter? Do you have to kill the person within a time limit to trigger? Is their a pouch of some sort that carries items? Are items scattered around the world? Is their loot? Is their AI buddies? Is their Co-Op? Is their online multiplayer?

Saying we've seen 10 minutes full gameplay is being disingenuous.

Square = Light Attack
Triangle = Readies weapon aka draw your katana from the sheath. You can hold it and basically charge up a heavy attack or 1 hit counter attack as seen in the gameplay trailer.
L1 = Block and Parries
Circle = Dodge

I mean all of the trailers have shown the main character riding a horse. lol You can attack from it too. They revealed all this and more back in 2018 after the E3 gameplay trailer.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Sucker Punch is going to give you a competent game at the very least. For me, it's the budget+setting that makes me interested.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
That is not well received for you? So what is it, only 90+ games?
It also was made in 3 years (if they started after inFamous 2/Festival of Blood)

GOT has 6 years.
80 score by critics, and users isn't well received now. I thought the "I only play 9.0 games meme" was a joke. 🤣

So here's the thing. People are acting like GoT is a no doubt sure fire hit because of this incredible pedigree. But let's not act like this is Naughty Dog, Insomniac or From.

Sucker Punch is a fine developer who make decent games, but IMO those other developers get a different degree of blind hype than SP.

edit: also I'm hyped for the game as well. But I thought, and I'm not alone in thinking this, that infamous was a mediocre game whose score was slightly inflated from being the first decent PS4 exclusive.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
-Bushido Blade/Kengo style combat
-Very unique setting
-Open world exploration that is more focused about landmarks than a gps
-Really awesome graphics and art style
-Kurosawa inspiration
-Prototype ninja combat

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is no way this thread wasnt made in bad faith.

There are a lot of reasons for people's hype:

1. The game looks stunning, the art direction is one of the best I have ever seen

2. The developer behind the game is one of the best studios from SIE and their games are always fan favorites

3. The setting is something A LOT of people have been asking for quite some time, especially being a grounded and open world experience

4. We already had a 10+ minute gameplay demo from E3 2018 and it looked phenomenal

5. We are aproaching launch and Sucker Punch has already said we are getting a blow out of info and footage very soon and we just recently had an amazing story trailer

Jan 20, 2019
So here's the thing. People are acting like GoT is a no doubt sure fire hit because of this incredible pedigree. But let's not act like this is Naughty Dog, Insomniac or From.

Sucker Punch is a fine developer how make decent games, but IMO those other developers get a difference degree of blind hype than SP.

Yes, peopel believe the game is a sure thing because the game doenst need to be a 90+ to be good, that is why peopel trust Sucker Punch because in the end, they will get a fine game.

Might not be the best of the best, but will be good.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019

Sucker Punch is a fine developer who make decent games, but IMO those other developers get a different degree of blind hype than SP.

edit: also I'm hyped for the game as well. But I thought, and I'm not alone in thinking this, that infamous was a mediocre game whose score was slightly inflated from being the first decent PS4 exclusive.

I think Sucker Punch is honestly better on average than Insomniac. (And I prefer them over From but From games just aren't really my thing)

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that TGA trailer was great, hahaha. This could end up being the next Horizon to me, a game I was convinced would be thoroughly mediocre before launch, but ended up buying on sale for no particular reason and falling in love with it.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Sucker Punch is a fine developer who make decent games, but IMO those other developers get a difference degree of blind hype than SP.

This is the same narrative some people were trying to promote in regards to Guerrila Games before Horizon Zero Dawn release to unprecedent critical praise and commercial sucess.

This is by far their biggest game yet. It is their Horizon ZD moment. Sucker Punch has been pumping out highly rated games since last gen. They are not a mediocre studio.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not targeting OP or anyone in particular, but it feels like there are some people who actively want people not to be excited for a game.

I do agree that we haven't seen enough gameplay but from what we've seen so far and from their past games it's sure to be a great game.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
Sly Cooper and Infamous = great history? Come on. They're not From Software. There is plenty of reason to be concerned that we've seen so little gameplay.
Infamous is a well loves AND successful franchise for them, along with Sly Cooper. Sure they may not be the tier of Naughty Dog but they do have a great history of making games that are fun and well received by fans and critics alike. Infamous 1 and 2 are among my favorite PS titles.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Because i really enjoyed their previous game and everything i have seen from the game so far looked stellar. I'm trusting them.

Oct 25, 2017
We're not gonna have any kind of supernatural enemy in this game, I imagine? I don't mind it storywise, even sounds cool to me, I'm just wondering about what kind of enemy variety we can expect.

Well, Sekiro did make us fight a regular ass bull on fire, so they could find a way.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Could've sworn I saw this before but maybe it was the no release date/info concern until there was a trailer the next day lol.

I honestly don't see a ton of hype for it even though the game looks amazing so far. Would love to see more gameplay but people trust sucker punch and don't think they should be doubted anyway.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Sony has a solid track record with historically accurate samurai games based on battles that actually took place in ancient Japan. Not seeing what could go wrong.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

The Sly trilogy has scores of 86, 88, and 84 respectively. The Infamous trilogy sits at 86, 84, and 80.

That's not great?

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
What about an 80 reads as barely scratching well received? There are plenty of games that have lesser scores than that, that are well received. An 80 is by NO MEANS considered NEARLY a bad game. Not even close.

We're splitting hairs here. You think that means good/great. From my experience (including playing ISS) I think games getting scores like that especially in a launch window are usually overrated.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
We're not gonna have any kind of supernatural enemy in this game, I imagine? I don't mind it storywise, even sounds cool to me, I'm just wondering about what kind of enemy variety we can expect.

Well, Sekiro did make us fight a regular ass bull on fire, so they could find a way.

No it's meant to be more grounded. The CE even has a audio commentary track with the devs and a historian about being faithful to the setting.

Also always a good time to post more GoT gifs.
DG4ojft.gif

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The game is supposed to be grounded.

That means we will probably have enemies like archers, enemies riding horses, tank like enemies and the usual. Maybe animals too?

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Developer with a track record of making solid games, the game has an interesting setting, and looks damn good. Pretty easy to see why people are excited for this.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
This is the same narrative some people were trying to promote in regards to Guerrila Games before Horizon Zero Dawn release to unprecedent critical praise and commercial sucess.

This is by far their biggest game yet. It is their Horizon ZD moment. Sucker Punch has been pumping out highly rated games since last gen. They are not a mediocre studio.

Not a narrative. Just an opinion. I also didn't really care for HZD, though I recognize why plenty would love that game.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
- It's visually absolutely stunning
- It's open world which I will never get tired of if done right
- Sucker Punch makes good games

IOTS

Dec 13, 2019
Square = Light Attack
Triangle = Readies weapon aka draw your katana from the sheath. You can hold it and basically charge up a heavy attack or 1 hit counter attack as seen in the gameplay trailer.
L1 = Block and Parries
Circle = Dodge

I mean all of the trailers have shown the main character riding a horse. lol You can attack from it too. They revealed all this and more back in 2018 after the E3 gameplay trailer.
I wonder if knowing whats the attack and whats the block button increased the hype for somebody, lol.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
wild-card prediction: halfway through the game you travel to FUTURE JAPAN, and you gotta stealth in a Blade Runner-like city

:^)

ket

Jul 27, 2018