• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I see it like when people gamble. The GOP tried to support the president to gain faith in the votes. Now Trump is losing support but if they pull out now they will lose the small group of people that still support Trump.
Just like gambling, you win and want to continue. Then you start to lose money and you just want to ger back to where you were. Then you just want to get back the money you have lost until you lose everything.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell, lots of us are.

Just not the, uh, people who can actually do anything about it.

ZeroGravity

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Hasn't he settled lawsuits before? I'd think if he was willing to do that he'd be willing to save face. But then again he probably wasn't senile then and dementia makes narcissim worse.
Because this is his legacy. I realize that to most of us, what Trump's legacy is going to be is fairly evident, but for him he's going to fight as long as he can to maintain the illusion that his legacy won't be one of a catastrophic failure.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Because he doesn't have the decency to do it.

Richard Nixon eventually apologized and resigned. Dumbass Donald? Never. He'll place the blame on everyone but himself even if he's serving time in prison.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I think Republican leaders are still trying to figure out what their base even is at this juncture. My guess is that they want to let the 2020 primaries come around and let Trump be contested. It's more about political calculus rather than what's good for the country.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
In case you need someone to say it, he should resign.

Even if you agree with his policies, or if you want to look past his numerous corruption scandals and apparent crimes, or if you just support a conservative agenda and need to defend your team, this is an utterly dysfunctional government and you know it. The fact of the matter is that his leadership is absolutely terrible, and it has a lot to do with being a liar who covers for one lie with another lie. That's a habit that eventually catches up. You can't lead a country on lie after lie.