• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 24, 2021
Remember Red Ash being funded by some Chinese investors meaning it would totally happen despite the Kickstarter bombing? Aaaaaany day now.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC, the final date to submit new games for certification for the PS Vita store has already passed.
It's unlikely you'll see any new digital titles on the PS Vita store at this point.

Dec 21, 2020
They probably forgot. They left the site up and running but that's common, but everyone has gone to work onto other things and there's probably no one to say "it's cancelled" officially.
I would use the term "probably forgot" very loosely in this case lol

usually when people forget it is on accident, this is more of an intentional deletion of memory

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Communication from the team behind this Kickstarter ended in 2017. As much as it sucks how this turned out and how the people behind it should be held accountable, it's time to move on. Hopefully some lessons were learned.

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that this is still not officially cancelled and they still haven't refunded 3DS and Vita backers

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Could be some kind of tax thing. Like some financial issue depends on them still having the games "in development". There are all kinds of weird loopholes like that.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that this is still not officially cancelled and they still haven't refunded 3DS and Vita backers
The sad fact about crowdfunding is you're not getting (nor should you expect to get) your money back, and I don't think they're contractually obligated to deliver anything, cancelled or not. It's basically a leap of faith. Thankfully, *most* crowdfund projects deliver. Whether they deliver to the original vision or not is another thing, but most still deliver a finished game/product/service.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last I heard the release dates were pushed back slightly so they wouldn't compete with Bioshock for the Vita.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5f2.png

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
What is preventing backers from a class action lawsuit? How is this legal?

Kickstarters and other crowdfunding platforms are very clear that you're not making a purchase and are not entitled to anything.

You should consider money used on these projects to be no different than money you drop on a poker table. No guarantees

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Kickstarters and other crowdfunding platforms are very clear that you're not making a purchase and are not entitled to anything.

You should consider money used on these projects to be no different than money you drop on a poker table. No guarantees

this is not true.

From kickstarter's terms:

When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they've satisfied their obligation to their backers.

Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that they're not buying something when they back a project—they're helping to create something new, not ordering something that already exists. There may be changes or delays, and there's a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised.

If a creator is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they've failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for backers. A creator in this position has only remedied the situation and met their obligations to backers if:

• they post an update that explains what work has been done, how funds were used, and what prevents them from finishing the project as planned;
  • they work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a timeframe that's communicated to backers;
  • they're able to demonstrate that they've used funds appropriately and made every reasonable effort to complete the project as promised;
  • they've been honest, and have made no material misrepresentations in their communication to backers; and
  • they offer to return any remaining funds to backers who have not received their reward (in proportion to the amounts pledged), or else explain how those funds will be used to complete the project in some alternate form.
The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they're unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers.

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
Is Inti Creates even working on those versions now though? I am quite sure they'd rather just do their own stuff like more Gunvolt + spin offs, Blaster Master, Gal Gun, and some other projects (I hope they learned something out of Dragon Marked for Death, like putting the lore just on Twitter is a bad idea and that a GAAS requires tons of hands on board after release). Don't be surprised if they announce a new Blaster Master or some other game in the September Direct (which I assume will happen), but nothing related to Mighty No. 9... Though wouldn't it be funny if they released ANOTHER MN9 spin off that was miles better than the OG game like Mighty Gunvolt Burst was?

Anyhow, if those versions are going to happen, I'd imagine Inafune would have to contract a different company, but those 2 platforms being dead... it'd be better to officially cancel those versions, as it'd be a waste of money.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They probably saw early on that getting the game to run on 3DS at playable framerates was next to impossible (Reminder it ran like shit on the Wii U even) But they couldn't announce that it was canceled because they already got the money for those versions, so they just kept quiet about it. Everybody involved bailed a long time ago. So there is likely nothing that could be done at this point. Someone could technically take whatever shell company remains or Kickstarter to court over this, but good luck with that. lol

It sucks for the backers obviously, so I hope nobody donated too much to this scam.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017

What about people who bought it? I bought a retail copy of the game, and still never received the Vita version that was advertised as being included.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
this is not true.

From kickstarter's terms:

Terms and conditions are not the law, and that statement says "it's between you and the creator" and says the creator ~may~ be pursued legally. They don't know and don't state they'll support anyone who goes that route.

What about people who bought it? I bought a retail copy of the game, and still never received the Vita version that was advertised as being included.

This is a better claim, absolutely. Buyers and sellers have explicit legal regulations that are in play. The KS thing is just that "backing a project" is explicitly not the same thing as "buying something as advertised."

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Yo I remember a lot of hype for this game.

Whatever happened with it in the end?

just an overall mediocre game (and that's not even getting into the kickstarter side of things)

honestly if they released it like a regular game back when capcom was being weird about mega man it could've probably been like Gunvolt, like not a major hit but an ongoing thing with a fanbase.

poster child of the early/mid 2010 kickstarter duds

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I think we can safely say that this is cancelled now!