• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Who says it isn't? It's sold in ovoid packets, requires heating before serving, but it's then available for dipping whatever you wish.

QcXxItr.png

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im confused about egg cups

do people who eat eggs from egg cups also eat the whites of the egg?

even the whites of the top they remove?

do they eat all the yolk and then peel the shell from the whites afterwards?

TGR Sean

Nov 5, 2017
Orlando, Florida
I literally just finished cleaning up three eggs worth of yolk from under a couch that my daughter snuck under there. Made me gag. Not sure how folks can eat it like that. Blech.

OP
OP
iswasdoes

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
Yeah yeah of course I know I can cook an egg. I am familiar with eggs, they are what led me to this in the first place

I'm talking pre packaged dipping sauce vibes

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Real answer is obviously food safety. You'd have to apply heat or pressure to kill potential microorganisms.

This did lead me to finding someone using HPP (high pressure pasteurization) on some raw eggs and unfortunately they coagulate after just a few minutes.

Though I guess in theory someone could just process yolks in a mild enough manner to possibly get a significant enough log reduction to prove its safe.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
If you mean as a concept, cold egg yolk would harden up real quick, and generally be nasty. Warm egg yolk would work though, and not really be any worse than eating an over-easy egg. You're mainly dealing with the social stigma at that point.

If you mean commercially, no way I'm getting a raw egg that isn't safe in its shell or served to me at a restaurant.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
im confused about egg cups

do people who eat eggs from egg cups also eat the whites of the egg?

even the whites of the top they remove?

do they eat all the yolk and then peel the shell from the whites afterwards?
it's all still a bit liquidy...not hard boiled, they're poached.

also, I eat my eggs over medium and sop the yolk up with my toast...

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I was instructed to dip my thinly sliced grilled beef into a raw egg when I was in Japan and the taste was heavenly even though the texture was a little bit gross.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Real answer is obviously food safety. You'd have to apply heat or pressure to kill potential microorganisms.

This did lead me to finding someone using HPP (high pressure pasteurization) on some raw eggs and unfortunately they coagulate after just a few minutes.

Though I guess in theory someone could just process yolks in a mild enough manner to possibly get a significant enough log reduction to prove its safe.

One follow up to this is using salt or acid to process it. But really, you could always cook the egg yolks till soft, and then emulsify them with an oil and just keep refrigerated.

IDK, op. Get to work.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
You have a souse vide?

If so, souse vide egg @ 135 for a few hours. Separate whites from yolk, serve yolk.

It makes an amazing dip for steak