• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (permanent): creating a thread based around inflammatory false equivalence regarding racism. Prior severe infractions
More and more recently in threads I've seen posts like this

Million times this.

Fucking asshole.

Sorry to pick on these posts, they're just the most recent examples I've seen.

And I can't help but wonder why is it acceptable here, I thought Era was better than this.

Please don't twist this around as I'm offended or anything as I know people will come in here pouring scorn on "oh poor whitey got his feelings hurt " that's not the case, but it doesn't breed a very nice atmosphere when you read posts like that in many threads. If the roles were reversed people would be banned.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
You know people explained it in the exact thread you're quoting from. It's about him feeling confident enough to be able to do this without suffering any consequences for it because he's in a privileged position.

If the roles were reversed people would be banned.

jfc

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Trashy white people getting away with things because they're white.

Sounds about white.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Because there's a non-insignificant amount of people in the US that would get arrested (or killed) for far less, and that's not going to happen to the guy in question.

And it's been like this...pretty much forever. People are just calling it out for what it is.

Oct 27, 2017
source.gif

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
More and more recently in threads I've seen posts like this

Sorry to pick on these posts, they're just the most recent examples I've seen.

And I can't help but wonder why is it acceptable here, I thought Era was better than this.

Please don't twist this around as I'm offended or anything as I know people will come in here pouring scorn on "oh poor whitey got his feelings hurt " that's not the case, but it doesn't breed a very nice atmosphere when you read posts like that in many threads. If the roles were reversed people would be banned.

Because those posts are esseicoalou in a roundabout way pointing out that white privilege exists and plays a part in those types of stories.

The whole "roles were reversed" argument is worthless because the playing field is not even.

a black man was literally lynched for running through the "wrong" neighborhood like a month ago, my dude.

Froyo Love

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought this was going to be a meta joke about how people who make clickbait thread titles should have their thread-making privileges revoked

WarrenD

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User banned (Permanent): false equivalence around racism
Something something punching up.

It's just a way for people to be ok with their own bigotry. They've justified it to themselves and have found an excuse as to why they can be hateful towards an entire race. It's like when a racist says I have a black friend, they think they've found a loophole.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
If you disagree with the post contents, better report it to the mods than starting a thread about it

OP
OP

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because those posts are esseicoalou in a roundabout way pointing out that white privilege exists and plays a part in those types of stories.

The whole "roles were reversed" argument is worthless because the playing field is not even.

a black man was literally lynched for running through the "wrong" neighborhood like a month ago, my dude.

I have no idea what that word means.
As someone outside the US I don't know about every day incidents of black people getting lynched for going through the wrong neighbourhood, wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.