• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
It's usually accepted that Superman works through photosynthesis

main-qimg-c25b87d63c23f5e2d9486e190d2fd51b

6Hexf.jpg

main-qimg-9adcaa619240ecb41f6dd906ef777ddf

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Earth-2 Superman (1938 Supeman in new stories written during the Silver/Bronze Age) had a super training room since his power was supposed to be due to a super evolved body, rather than sun light, which was an origin introduced after what's considered the Golden Age run. It really didn't look impressive enough to explain his powers though.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
If superman gets his energy from the sun does he eat and poop or is he basically a swole plant?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Strength comes from muscle and the sun is the source of his strength.
So obviously the sun is charging his muscle.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
And with the getting everything from the sun, even if he had a 100% energy conversion rate he doesn't have the surface area to absorb enough to do what he does.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
My biggest dog has what resembles a 6-pack when he stretches out and all he does is lay around lmao

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Well the real answer is because Siegal & Schuster based Superman's physical appearance (including his skin-tight costume) on the circus strongmen of the early 20th century:

0v0aW9t.jpg

yOLFvoe.jpg

pGrnwDQ.jpg

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Their kind is naturally buff

Imagine a skinny and tiny superman flying around fighting villains. Would be kinda funny.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Those Kryptonian genetics.

The real reason is that it makes for an image that conveys power and strength, regardless of the logic of it. That goes for all superheroes, basically. They're a power fantasy and having a fantasy body is part of it.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Nope

He poops out diamonds

It's how he affords to live in metropolis on a journalists salary

I guess any food he eats, since he likely doesn't actually need to eat, probably is getting compressed by his super-powered intestines into some kind of ultra-dense material. Let's split the difference and say irradiated diamonds.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I guess any food he eats, since he likely doesn't actually need to eat, probably is getting compressed by his super-powered intestines into some kind of ultra-dense material. Let's split the difference and say irradiated diamonds.
Damn, I hate to see the comic where Lois dies because of his radiation shits