• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your condiment game?

• Ketchup

Votes: 111 43.4%
  • Mustard

Votes: 120 46.9%
  • Relish

Votes: 25 9.8%

• Total voters

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Also it's green, so it adds to the color wheel of condiments nicely

shutterstock_ketchupmustard.jpg

It's actually my favorite one of the three as well

#relishdeservesmore

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
It does look nice but it just doesn't bottle well like the others. It gets too watery and clogged and that really holds it back for backyard cookouts.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think i've ever had green relish before, only red. I do like it more than ketchup though.

I think it's just not considered on par with the others because bad relish is real bad.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Relish is highly polarizing I've found. And this thread will likely play out that way.

I love it personally, but I get why some might not

Oct 27, 2017
Ketchup's main purpose is to get toddlers to eat something, so let's just drop that from the list.
I love all types of mustard and it's a very versatile condiment.
Relish is great but it's not as versatile as other condiments like mustard and mayo. I do like it quite a bit, though, where it's used.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't had a relish I enjoyed. Maybe I need to branch out though. I don't like sweet pickles very much so maybe the relishes were too sweet. Love mustard though.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
So I'm gonna stick up for ketchup.

Do I deny that Heinz is bad? That Hunt's is worse? No, I don't. I would allege that most large-brand ketchup is bad. Heinz is too sweet and doesn't have enough salt because the tomato paste is watered down and then has sugar added. Hunt's is basically loose tomato syrup. It's gross.

Instead, I implore you, to seek out a quality product, like 78 Brand.

image_fe001bd0-0812-4184-9e5b-3c575e16285d_331x.jpg

On the left, a basic ketchup, made great by utilizing more high-quality tomato paste and less water (the "78" in 78 Brands refers to the fact that 78% of the bottle's content is tomato). What you get is dense, has a great texture, and contains really concentrated tomato-y umami goodness. It contains the correct amount of vinegar to be tangy, but not overpowering. On the right, the Cadillac of ketchup, made superior from being smoky and spicy.

Relish is good. It's acidic and, when made well, crunchy and briny. I like mustard, too - spicy dijon or a good German mustard with actual mustard seeds. But for me, 78 Red Spicy is the alpha condiment.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
On a hot dog, mustard is my top condiment. I can do mustard and mustard alone on a hot dog and I'm happy.

At home, I do these loaded split hot dogs. Mustard (yellow, not spicy/brown/pub), sriracha, diced dill (sour) pickles, hot salsa/pico, mild cheddar.

They're really fucking good. I use yellow mustard for those because the sriracha and hot pico/salsa is already spicy enough and spicy brown mustard dominates most flavors... I think this is a good balance. It's a really good fucking hot dog.

kWO1oDm.jpg

But normally I'm a purist and simple hot dog lover. A kayem hotdog w/ yellow or brown mustard is also just fine for me. These are special hot dogs for special days.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
If you make it yourself it's not bad, but the shit we serve where I work is like three times sweeter than ketchup and is flat out disgusting.

Also I prefer yellow relish to green.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Because relish is way more specific in its uses than ketchup and especially mustard. I can't think of anything I'd put it on besides a hot dog. It is great though, I vastly prefer it on a dog to ketchup. Mustard is the GOAT though. The quality gap between a good mustard and the other two are insane.

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
Relish does not make a good dip thus it will always be a tier below mustard and ketchup.

Mustard and ketchup haters can go kick rocks.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of hotdogs I don't really use it on anything. And even there it is rare.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Honestly I'd rather eat it plain than put any of those three poll options on it. If mayo was an option that would be my vote.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
None of these. Why would you to try to overpower the taste of a beef frank hot dogs with these condiments that offend god.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
That's like trying to compare Salsa to Mayonnaise. They are fundamentally different and not worth comparing, to me. I love all three, relish is great. I should find more uses for it, to be honest.

(voted Mustard)