• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All in all, I've already played the Sands of Time trilogy. Not that I wouldn't play a remake, but...

... I kinda unleashed Ahriman upon the world in 2008, Ubisoft. It would be nice if you'd let that Prince of Persia stop him for good with Elika's help. Please and thank you.

Oct 24, 2019

Now this is interesting...

So Zhuge says Sands of Time remake trilogy is bs, but Shinobi says all hope isn't lost...

Does this mean it's actually the OG trilogy that's getting remade? Or a new PoP game altogether? Or maybe a PoP Sands of Trilogy trilogy *remaster*, not *remake*

UaLpJOK.jpg

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
never heard the rumor.

hard to imagine an entire trilogy is being remade and will be available any time soon.

OP
OP
darkslayer101

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017

So Zhuge says Sands of Time remake trilogy is bs, but Shinobi says all hope isn't lost...

Does this mean it's actually the OG trilogy that's getting remade? Or a new PoP game altogether? Or maybe a PoP Sands of Trilogy trilogy *remaster*, not *remake*

UaLpJOK.jpg
At this point it would be a remaster me thinks...

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Nah, Kotaku only leaks Assassin's Creed and Far Cry games.
Well, I'm pretty sure that if there was a PoP remake in the works they would have heard about too. And saying that they leak Assassin's Creed and Far Cry games doesn't invalidate what I sais, as the last PoP was made around a decade ago and just like games you mentioned Ubisoft Montreal was part of the development team. Then again, as this supposed game is a remake one could say that they hired some else to do it and that's why they didn't hear about it, but honestly it is more likely that this whole thing is fake.

PoPper

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 29, 2020
Well, I'm pretty sure that if there was a PoP remake in the works they would have heard about too. And saying that they leak Assassin's Creed and Far Cry games doesn't invalidate what I sais, as the last PoP was made around a decade ago and just like games you mentioned Ubisoft Montreal was part of the development team. Then again, as this supposed game is a remake one could say that they hired some else to do it and that's why they didn't hear about it, but honestly it is more likely that this whole thing is fake.
If it's fake, then why Shinobi said this?

Last edited:

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Ubisoft doesn't do remakes very often... or at all? I'm hard-pressed to name a single Ubisoft remake in the past decade. A remaster, however, would be in-character for them.

PoPper

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 29, 2020
or only sands of time is getting touched up
It's possible that it'll be a SOT remake first and if the sales are good, they'll make the whole trilogy. If they only create the first game, it won't make sense. Also, the newer generation is a lot different. Not everybody will like a game made exclusively for young audience. 2003 was a different time, 2020 requires more maturity and realism.

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible that it'll be a SOT remake first and if the sales are good, they'll make the whole trilogy. If they only create the first game, it won't make sense. Also, the newer generation is a lot different. Not everybody will like a game made exclusively for young audience. 2003 was a different time, 2020 requires more maturity and realism.
a more "mature" and "realistic" sands of time sounds like a disaster in the making.

i'd hope that it would be similar to the spirit of the original, rather than a massive departure.

Last edited:

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
it really doesnt, a game aimed towards a T rating is completely fine. a SOT remake acting as a reboot to the series I could see happening.

(That being said what they actually need to put out is Splinter Cell :O)

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ubi really doesn't need to bother with remaking the whole trilogy anyway. SoT was amazing enough to inspire two more unnecessary entries to be made.

Sands of Time can easily stand on its on narratively.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
God I would day 1 a PoP remake, Sands of time was maybe one of my favorite games.

That said maybe the nostalgia glasses are helping here!

PoPper

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 29, 2020
Was wondering if OP was sharing anything new outside what was already rumoured and hared my opinion, something wrong?
Because you clearly already knew the existence of a Prince of Persia remake. This thing as been going on for a month on reddit. It was never posted on ResetEra until now, so how is this new info to you?

Last edited:

PoPper

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 29, 2020
Ubi really doesn't need to bother with remaking the whole trilogy anyway. SoT was amazing enough to inspire two more unnecessary entries to be made.

Sands of Time can easily stand on its on narratively.
Funny, fans love the last 2 games more than SOT.
Also, every sequel would be just unnecessary if people like you were to make decisions.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Man I remember The Two Thrones really surprising me. I got it for Christmas and wasn't sure I'd even like it but I ended up loving it. I never owned SoT so I only got to play it a bit at my cousin's house. She also had Warrior Within. Even as a kid I thought that shit was stupid lol.

PoPper

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 29, 2020

UaLpJOK.jpg
Do you mind creating a thread about their statements, so that more people see it and get excited about the return of Prince of Persia?