• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
You know the man was teasing something just casually dropping by to promote Del Toro's movie. And Del Toro straight up mentioning Silent Hill? Come on, something is really going on. And what about his shirt? What the hell does it mean? He's teased stuff in the past with the shirts he wears (at E3 2016 he teased Death Stranding in an interview with Geoff). This time it was two vertical lines that we'll probably understand when the time is due. I wanna hear your thought people!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Post evidence my friend, I was sleeping and missed Geoff's Bizzare Awards.

LoNe_eXiLe

Oct 25, 2017
He and Keighley are friends. Of course he'd be there. You're grasping at straws when there is nothing to grab.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
stop-it-get-some-help.gif

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe his audience is shrinking after no one was ashamed of their words and deeds regarding Quiet and MGS V. 🤷‍♂️

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
People who keep pushing stupid ass threads like this should be forced to play the Silent Hill HD Collection for eternity.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kojima showing up at TGA is just tradition at this point, and a lot of people are burnt the fuck out after years of obsessive speculation that every tweet Kojima makes or any game that looks even vaguely MGS or Silent Hill-like is part of some super-duper viral marketing scheme only for it to always end up being fucking nothing.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
He's just there to support his friends. Not everything Kojima does is some tease.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that del Toro mentioned it is hard confirmation that it's not happening.

Kojima's shirt mostly reminded me of neon joy-cons

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
im more willing to believe its just geoff, hideo and guillermo as the three amigos and geoff is like "hey I want yall in the show whatcha got for me?" and then they work to promote the movie lol

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Nope not going to go through it, it was just a funny offhand remark by Del Toro from a guy who didn't get to make a game he was excited to work on, all it was was throwing shade

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
If he was teasing something we will probably see it at the next Game Awards, so its whatever rn.

Gonna have great trailers though whatever it is he is working on.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
Yeah it's happening. The question is when. (Probably during the next big PS5 Showcase).

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Sony, Kojima, and Konami is such a volatile mix of ingredients, even if it's happening behind the scenes right now, I won't let myself get fully excited until launch is imminent. Hell let's just get to an actual announcement first.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Probably because the whole Kojima Silent Hills thing has given everyone blue balls and who wants more of that?

mudron

Feb 13, 2020
Because literally the only reason he was there was to trick people like OP into thinking something big was happening when there wasn't - Keighly obviously just called him in to hype up Del Toro's new movie, and that was it.

Like most everything else about TGA, it was just cheap marketing with no substance.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
You know the man was teasing something just casually dropping by to promote Del Toro's movie. And Del Toro straight up mentioning Silent Hill? Come on, something is really going on. And what about his shirt? What the hell does it mean? He's teased stuff in the past with the shirts he wears (at E3 2016 he teased Death Stranding in an interview with Geoff). This time it was two vertical lines that we'll probably understand when the time is due. I wanna hear your thought people!
The shirt was for new matrix movie

OP
OP
Neil98

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Everyone is tired of getting the same thread over and over, yet everyone comes in to post a reply. We all crave a good horror game, am I right?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Del Toro saying 'Silent Hill, I hope we get a new one of those *shrug*' felt more like a light jab at Konami seeing as he and Kojima both worked on PT/Silent Hills.

He knows what he's doing. Playing to the crowd.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Teased an appearance next year
Was wearing a Matrix shirt
Introduced his friends movie trailer
His friend talked about Silent Hill

A Hideo Kojima production

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
cause he introduced a movie, thats it, what else do you want to talk about? A non-existent game you created in your mind? When info of him making a game and we got some details people will discuss it, be it SH or be it something else

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
The best piece of info Kojima dropped is he'll be showing up next summer. Sounds like a Kojima game reveal to me!