• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Seriously look at this shit! I came across this Hush clip earlier today

Isn't he supposed to be immune to Scarecrow toxin?

And it gets worse, here's Damian beating the shit out of him

And the list goes on....

Why is he so nerfed?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Because letting Dick be better at being Batman than Batman (even though he is) is against DC's rules. So he has to be a chump and a loser to make sure Batman's reputation goes untarnished.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
At least he gets to be in these things. Tim is nowhere to be seen.

Also, i'm probably alone in this but I don't really like the way these movies compose their fight scenes. They looks too live-actiony for my taste. Not really sure why I don't like that in my cartoons.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Damian gets so much focus that Dick gets relegated to half-baked second-in-command. He doesn't fare much better when Damian isn't around, either.

But yeah, at least he isn't Tim Drake, who by all means literally does not exist in the current movie canon.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
It's all been downhill for Dick in general since he quit being a secret agent. The animated movies aren't even worse than the current "Ric" run.

I want a book with him and Starfire back together again as a couple and doing heroic stuff pretty badly. Current DC and Batman editorial boards are absolutely dead-set against that ever happening though sadly. Maybe someday a younger writer who was a classic Wolfman/Perez Titans fan will be able to make it happen.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the voice acting there.. oof. sounds like they're just reading their lines in separate rooms

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
The dude had a pathetic death in the Injustice games. Lmao, dude tripped and died or something like that

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Because DC has to push Damian as the "real" son and heir to the Batman mantle.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Dick gets treated poorly everywhere, especially after losing his agent gig. At least he exists unlike Tim and Jason but the movies ruined his awesome relationship with Damian. At least Young Justice is okay.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
They're pushing Bruce and Damien now, so Dick gets Worfed to make them look better and Tim gets erased because Red Robin is a stupid codename.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And it gets worse, here's Damian beating the shit out of him

He ... landed 4 hits? Dick controlled the whole fight and was clearly not giving a shit while Damian gave all the shits. Plus, the animation of an adult covering a kid with a cape and punching him in the face ... really not a good look.

Nightwing will always be just a plot device because thats his real job, to be a link between Batman and everything else.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate how the movies ruined the great relationship Dick had with Damian and just had Damian be a dick and learn not to be a dick for every movie