• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
20210222_mtn_dew_bob_ross_3x2_0.jpg

I gotta see this gross ass shit so now you do too.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He's famous for painting mountains, and he's famous for his 'do. It's a perfect fit.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because they figured it would get your attention to the point that you would share it online.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Bob Ross? You mean the man that founded a company that sells products based on his name/image?

No hate on him or his show, but he's always been a brand to push product.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
At first I thought the Mountain Dew would ruin the painting, but in truth it saved it

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Because Bob Ross' estate licensed his likeness to Pepsi Co. to make ads for Mountain Dew.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
Because everyone that got hooked on Mountain Dew cause it was extreme are getting older now and want to chill out. They know they got to keep all the Dew people that are tired and sore from Doing the Dew for years now and Bob Ross is nice and relaxing.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I'm not so sure about this whole deepfaking a dead celebrity to sell a product thing

pretty sure that was a thing in Transmetropolitan, which is obviously a depiction of a healthy future society, of course

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the Bob Ross Smite skin was the turning point for me. Pretty obvious that his estate is willing to put his name on anything if there's big money involved.

Also Mountain Dew is bad soda but calling it poison is some absurd hyperbole unless you're one of those buffoons who actually believes the old urban legends that it lowers your sperm count or whatever

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe he really liked Mountain Dew. I love it.
Also, I just recently found out that one of my childhood friends worked on one of their graphic design rebrandings.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
mountain-dew-can-nutrition-facts-picture-id458934321

46g of sugar in that tiny ass can...might as well be poison.
Drinking a few cans of soda on the weekend isn't going to kill you ffs

Like anything else it's only an issue if you're one of those people who drinks soda on a daily basis instead of treating it like an indulgence

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Drinking a few cans of soda on the weekend isn't going to kill you ffs

Like anything else it's only an issue if you're one of those people who drinks soda on a daily basis instead of treating it like an indulgence

I'm exaggerating, but if I'm ingesting that much sugar in one go it's not gonna be with a can of Mtn Dew.

mddover

Jan 9, 2019

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
Because the internet made a meme out of a pretty cool dude, and mountain dew is a meme soda. That's all there is to it.