• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doing that to the parent of said child probably will get you arrested?

Working in retail has you seeing agitated parents spank/bop/hit whatever term you want their kids in many ways. Just saw a mom backhand her kid across the mouth and I'm in a shitty position where I cant call her out on it without loosing my job.

Oct 27, 2017
Er, I honestly don't think that's socially acceptable anymore? Maybe it's a cultural thing but I've never seen someone do that.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I was under the impression it wasn't very socially acceptable anymore

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It's never ever acceptable to hit a child ever, f**k those who does that.
I'm glad that hitting children here in Sweden is illegal because it will make them more insecure to express themself.
If they behave badly, discuss it with them if that doesn't work take them away for a few minutes to let them calm down. A child should not be expected to act rational all the time.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really think that's acceptable too many places these days, but if it is the answer is because the child is their responsibility and it's their job to discipline them. It's not your job to punish other adults.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
A backhand slap on the mouth isn't even a spank
Can you talk to your management and have them deal with it?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really think it's acceptable to smack your kid across the face or spank them in public... Like, I think most people have a problem with that.

But, parents interact with their children very differently than two adults interact with each other. Like, if a parent gets stern with their child, say like scolds them or tells them they're going to be punished, that's pretty normal. BUt if you got stern with an adult or told them you were going to punish them, when they're in your checkout counter, yeah, that wouldn't be a normal thing for you to do. Why? For the same reason that your mother telling you to eat your vegetables is normal, but a stranger at your retail job telling you to eat your vegetables is not normal.

Parents do lots of things with their children that retail employers should not do with strangers. For instance, if you work in clothing retail, parents usually accompany their children into the dressing room to try on clothes. But, you as a retail employee should not follow a parent into a dressing room. Parents often take their children to the bathroom at a crowded mall. But you shouldn't take an adult to the bathroom. Parents might hold their children's hands when crossing parking lots, but it'd be a little weird for you to run up to your adult customers and hold their hand to walk them to their car.

Last edited:

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Uh...when I think "spanking"...I don't think "backhand to the face".

That's way over the line...if there was a line to begin with.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
User banned (permanent): advocating child abuse over a series of posts in the thread + previous severe infractions.
It's never ever acceptable to hit a child ever, f**k those who does that.

I disagree. Lots of kids need a good ass whooping from my experience. I've seen kids that call their mom or dad an asshole or a bitch or cuss them out in another manner. I've known kids that steal from their parents. Kids that get smacked for misbehaving don't do that shit.

Should go without saying but i'm not advocating beating children, i'm ok with smacking disrespectful shits though. Not punching, not kicking, not hitting with another object, not anything hard enough to bruise or welt, just a good old fashioned open palm slap.

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree. Lots of kids need a good ass whooping from my experience. I've seen kids that call their mom or dad an asshole or a bitch or cuss them out in another manner. I've known kids that steal from their parents. Kids that get smacked for misbehaving don't do that shit.

Should go without saying but i'm not advocating beating children, i'm ok with smacking disrespectful shits though. Not punching, not kicking, not hitting with another object, not anything hard enough to bruise or welt, just a good old fashioned open palm slap.
You're advocating for child abuse.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
A backhand across the mouth? Jesus, If she's okay with doing that in public imagine what goes on at home.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

18zmoyztm8yh6gif.gif

OP
OP
sensui-tomo

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in fucking michigan/USA. I work at a retail chain where most people who shop are mothers.
Kid was roughly a toddler or younger, whatever you'd put in a seat on a cart.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Doing that to the parent of said child probably will get you arrested?

Working in retail has you seeing agitated parents spank/bop/hit whatever term you want their kids in many ways. Just saw a mom backhand her kid across the mouth and I'm in a shitty position where I cant call her out on it without loosing my job.

Where do you live?

Never seen such public child abuse in my life

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
In my culture, if you're old enough to disagree with an adult, you're old enough to get the shit knocked out of you, and it's your own fault.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
Spanking is still legal and still very common as far as I can tell. What you saw does not sound like a legally acceptable spanking but more like a violent assault.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
For the same reason it's not acceptable to put other adults in timeout.

I don't spank my son but I do realize that kids can be little shits sometimes and it's my job to discipline.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
it's Not acceptable. It's just generations of people who never learned to communicate properly.

WiZaRdOuS

Nov 8, 2018
User banned (1 week): advocating child abuse

Hear Hear...I was one of those kids that no matter how many chances I got, and my father was more than fair, I'd still do little things I wasnt supposed to. Sometimes, verbally isnt enough. I was too smart for my own good. Lol

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hear Hear...I was one of those kids that no matter how many chances I got, and my father was more than fair, I'd still do little things I wasnt supposed to. Sometimes, verbally isnt enough. I was too smart for my own good. Lol
Literally everybody throughout life does little things they aren't supposed to.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
LOL spanking a child, public or not, hasn't been socially acceptable for over a decade now. Era is so out of touch sometimes.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hitting children is not acceptable. Not every instance of adults hitting other adults results in arrest either, but that doesn't mean adults hitting each other is acceptable.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

And I bet most of those kids were hit in the first place and/or their parents failed them in another way.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): Inflammatory generalisation rationalising child abuse.

Honestly I kind of agree with you.
Get ready to be called satan and child abuser though, era is a black or white world.
People here think all children are saints and can be educated through gentle words. Nope, some kids are downright insane and evil no matter how many times you'll try to discipline them using that millennial touch

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Advocating child abuse? You really should catch a ban for this shit.

TheTurboFD

Banned
Nov 24, 2017
I'm fine with disciplining your child but out right beating the shit or even back handing them in the face is not cool with me.

Honestly I kind of agree with you.
Get ready to be called satan and child abuser though, era is a black or white world.

Especially by people who probably never had a child nor have a job working with children. Their only experience with children is probably "my cousin" or "my friends kids". It's easy for them to make everyone out to look like satan and parrot things about how you should raise your kids when their parenting skills most likely have never been put to the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.