• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
TraderPoe

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Blizzard isn't a person and it's more than 4000 people with different values and ideals who have put hundreds or thousands of man hours into making these games something we can enjoy, many of whom probably don't feel the same way the corporate heads do. I don't think it's right to reign on their hard work and time to shine by making it sound like every single one of them are part of a hivemind who are forced to share the same values as the people they work for.

Do you share that same perspective with Facebook? Twitter? Reddit? How about ICE? The employees know exactly why they are there. Just look at the data from the internal poll, most prefered their companies recent practices and choices.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
They are not the same people. As an example me, if you notice i never comment anything in the hk and blizzard thread, it is because i know im very interested in the new diablo 4 game.

There is no way i will protest and buy their product at the same time. It is either one of them

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • Kingdomcome Deliverance
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • THQ's shit
  • Sugiyama and DQ11
and the list goes on. People don't care.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Just because they are outraged for a cause, doesn't mean that we all should be.

My fight is with the social injustice in America because it directly affects me, my friends as well as other here. Once we get that squared away, I can move on to try to help cleanup other places.

Man, you don't gotta give a shit, but good fucking grief with this defensive nonsense trying to justify it. I'm sure some knucklehead somewhere is smugly saying the same thing about your social injustice concerns. Like I don't care if you buy blizzard products, but sitting here behaving as if not playing overwatch and/or diablo is some huge sacrifice you can't make until the injustices in the US are solved is just corny and transparent.

If I wanted to buy overwatch, I'd just do it and that would be that. This need some of you have come in here with the cliched ass "no ethical consumption under capitalism" schlock is just laughable though.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Blizzard's hype magic works can feel like injecting a dose or morphine in your veins. I've been voting with my wallet via not buying Activision-Blizzard products since those Activision layoffs; the complicit attitude towards China was just another icing in the cake for me.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
The employees have livelihoods on the line AND have already shown their support for the HK controversy in multiple ways. No one is saying to fire a bunch of employees or something, but just how easily people are won over. Everyone saw this coming, Blizz con would happen and everyone would be right back on the Blizz train.

Still waiting for those boycotters to boycott Apple and the like :P

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Man, you don't gotta give a shit, but good fucking grief with this defensive nonsense trying to justify it. I'm sure some knucklehead somewhere is smugly saying the same thing about your social injustice concerns.
And that's fine with me. It really doesn't bother me because I said it's my fight.

I would never say I don't care about some else's house burning down, but when mine is too, I got to get my family out first. When I do that, I'm going to help whomever I can.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The better question is why you thought this time would be different? People just don't care, just look at the lame ass protest turn out at Blizzcon. If the people who claim to care and planned to protest don't even bother showing up what makes you think the average gamer will do anything?

Just because they are outraged for a cause, doesn't mean that we all should be.

My fight is with the social injustice in America because it directly affects me, my friends as well as other here. Once we get that squared away, I can move on to try to help cleanup other places.

Americans love to point fingers at other countries when it's really messed up here for certain groups of people.

Ok, LeBron.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
By now I have accepted people try to pretend be all enraged and all that shit and then when the company announces something new, they forgive them and get hyped. See Atlus, one of the most bigoted companies when it comes to LGBTQ+ issues; people will yell, be outraged and condemn them, yet those very same people will gladly buy the new Persona game from them.
I used to buy nearly everything Atlus put out. After the doubling, tripling, and quadrupling down they've demonstrated with Full Body and Persona 5 Royal, they will not see another cent from me. They haven't for 2 years now.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Xi Jinping shaking on its butt because someone on a videogame forum said they wouldn't buy Diablo 4.

Syranth

Oct 28, 2017
Blizzard isn't a person and it's more than 4000 people with different values and ideals who have put hundreds or thousands of man hours into making these games something we can enjoy, many of whom probably don't feel the same way the corporate heads do. I don't think it's right to reign on their hard work and time to shine by making it sound like every single one of them are part of a hivemind who are forced to share the same values as the people they work for.
Shh... logic isn't wanted with people here.

I'll post this here like I do most other threads. Instead of going after Blizzard how are you all going to REALLY support the protesters? Something more than arm chair quarterbacking?

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
The better question is why you thought this time would be different? People just don't care, just look at the lame ass protest turn out at Blizzcon. If the people who claim to care and planned to protest don't even bother showing up what makes you think the average gamer will do anything?

Ok, LeBron.
Call me names all you want, but don't attack me because I'm not on the same page as you.

We all have different fights. Just respect mine and I respect yours. Nothing wrong with people fighting for HK, but there is something wrong with me fighting for equality in America?

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Do you share that same perspective with Facebook? Twitter? Reddit? How about ICE? The employees know exactly why they are there. Just look at the data from the internal poll, most prefered their companies recent practices and choices.

Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit? Yes. Most employees are there to work for one of the most pretigious companies in the world and be able to support their families/spouses while doing so.

ICE? No.

Internal polls are inheretly flawed simply because they're internal. I know if my place of employment sent one out I'd second guess my answers simply because I'd never be too sure who was actually watching, no matter how "private" or "anonymous" they claim the polls are, especially if they're send to my work email.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you don't have to constantly be reminding people you aren't supporting a company in order you to still do so. I personally won't be buying a Blizzard game until I feel they have accurately addressed or made proper amends for their fuck up. Don't take me not posting "fuck Blizzard" in all possible threads as a sign of forgiveness.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
im boycotting only hearthstone because thats where the incident happened, if blizz bans a HK activist during an overwatch tournament then i'll boycott overwatch, and so on

i think in order for me to boycott blizz as a whole they'd have to ban an HK activist from their california headquarters building

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
And maybe some of them are ones still buying Blizz games. To expect everyone to do everything perfectly is asinine. We all try to do our part where we can.
Imagine trying to boycott every company that kowtows to China. lol

Grats on living off berries and nuts in the middle of Alaska.

Oct 29, 2017
Blizzard is just one company that were dumb enough to make a public statement. In truth one probably couldn't even be a PC gamer at all if one were to boycott all the tech companies that are much more so in bed with the Chinese government than Blizzard.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
you kind of answered your own question there OP. Though let's be fair, A lot of people aren't letting them off the hook.

Hero.of.Lgnd

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really know where I stand yet, but could someone that is for continuing the boycott tell me what you personally would like to see from Blizzard in order to forgive them?

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, they askes 70 people across all of Activision Blizzard on an app, where you don't know how secure you are.
Plus many of them work there, because it still seems to be better than other places and they have a familiy to feed. It is not their fault for higher ups, propably outside of Blizzard and more in the reigns of Activision to call the shots.

But we as consumers have a responsibility, so that they know they fucked up. And the only way to ultimately show this is by not giving them money.
Sadly I don't see it happening, like at all in all kinds of media and it pisses me off on multiple levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.