• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Chick-fil-A overrated?

• No

Votes: 493 59.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 332 40.2%

• Total voters

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
Service, service, service. By far and away the best in the industry. It's not even close. Somehow each and every single CFA embodies this service as well. They must have extremely strict standards for their employees to abide by. But hell, it creates a positive atmosphere for everyone there. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that they have an excellent fast food sandwich as well.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gay and I go to Chik fil A. Guess I'm in trouble.

I go for the excellent customer service and Spicy Chicken. None of the other fast food around here are sanitary nor friendly enough.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It has one of the GOAT spicy sandwich and top-tier customer service. It's also pretty fast despite how full it is.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of fast food chicken, it's top tier. I get why it's popular, and to some degree why people are so unwilling to stop eating there despite their management issues. ...almost.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Another fantastically bad poll that has nothing to do with the thread title. Bravo!

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Consistently good, excellent service, app is easy to use. Their breakfast menu (especially the biscuits) is great too.

They've also got multiple healthy/semi-healthy options on the menu.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
I'm gay and I go to Chik fil A. Guess I'm in trouble.

I go for the excellent customer service and Spicy Chicken. None of the other fast food around here are sanitary nor friendly enough.
Same lol

I used to avoid going there given the controversy surrounding their donations, but my new job has one right up the road (with relatively no other options), so I caved and decided to try it out. The deluxe chicken sandwich was absolutely delicious, and the service was unparalleled compared to other fast food joints.

Dunk

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
It's a basic boring chicken sandwich the likes that could be bought anywhere.

Yea....no

The rapid growth and being the most profitable fast food restaurant (per location) defies your claim. Only behind McDonalds and Starbucks in yearly revenue while being like 22nd in number of locations.

There is certainly something that sets their chicken apart. Many of its competitors don't even use fresh, hand-breaded chicken, and in my opinion the ones that do don't come close to matching the flavor. Not sure if that is due to a marinade, the breading, or both. I believe they are pretty particular about the oil as well where the regular and spicy sandwiches are never cooked in the same batch of oil. For me and many others there is no substitute.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I used to love them. Best fast food fried chicken back in the day. I haven't had one since the shit came out about them.

Of course, their hate and bigotry made hordes of right wing Christians flock to them, and they remain ridiculously popular.

Jader7777

Oct 26, 2017
Australia
PBF020-Skub.gif

replace skub with a piece of chicken.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
McDonalds ( yeah, McDonalds) is significantly better than Chick-fil-A and In N Out. I'll never understand how both are beloved.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Probably a little overrated, yeah. It's good for fast food, but the menu is extremely limited and the food and service get hyped up beyond what they deserve.

They also get a lot of credit for conservatives by identifying pretty openly as a Christian organization. That ranges from silly things like "I respect that they're closed on Sunday" to more malicious stuff like "let's have an appreciation day for them being anti-gay."

Dunk

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
I used to love them. Best fast food fried chicken back in the day. I haven't had one since the shit came out about them.

Of course, their hate and bigotry made hordes of right wing Christians flock to them, and they remain ridiculously popular.

Or, people just like you in the past continued to enjoy their great food

They will serve anybody that walks through their doors without judgement.

Stop assigning motives to those that enjoy good food and don't care what those at the top of the company support. That is not a factor in any product I consume nor should it be unless we want a divided country where different political ideologies drive people to frequent separate establishments.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Before I knew about the anti-LGBT stuff, I made a thread over at GAF about my first time going inside of a Chick-Fil-A (2011):

The atmosphere was REALLY pleasant :) The cashiers were extremely friendly and so was everyone working there. I overheard a lot of other customers talking about how pleasant everyone was and I couldn't agree more. I simply expected an ordinary Burger King/McDonald's experience, but I was really surprised at how different it was.

As I was eating, I was asked if I wanted a refill (TWICE!!). The manager (I think) came over and chatted it up with me a bit and asked how everything was going. I told her how this was my first time there and she told me that she hopes that everything was going well and blah blah blah.

I was thoroughly impressed. After the manager talked to some of the people in the both next to me, one of the guy goes (to his friend): "Enjoying the facade?" *rolleyes* Whatever. Facade or not, I was eating it up. =p Not only was the food great, but the customer service was impeccable. Great restaurant.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Consistent, solid food, price isn't too shabby and the service is by far the best of fast food.

AND the restaurant is usually clean.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After coming back to this thread it's really fucking weird how people are getting responses like "you ain't slick". After the people are literally commenting on why Chik-Fil-A is successful. Describing why their business has done well is not an endorsement for their values. Not hard to understand.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Or, people just like you in the past continued to enjoy their great food

They will serve anybody that walks through their doors without judgement.

Stop assigning motives to those that enjoy good food and don't care what those at the top of the company support. That is not a factor in any product I consume nor should it be unless we want a divided country where different political ideologies drive people to frequent separate establishments.
CFA donated to an organization that worked to make being gay an executable offense. I have no doubt you will continue to support them. You and are just different people, and your whinging about a divided country won't make me give money to CFA.

Dunk

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing Bigotry Over Multiple Posts; Account in Junior Phase
CFA donated to an organization that worked to make being gay an executable offense. I have no doubt you will continue to support them. You and are just different people, and your whinging about a divided country won't make me give money to CFA.

I have always found statements like this to be hard to believe. Do you have a link to the details on that?

Was it a direct donation by Chik-fil-a, or out of the pockets of one of their executives? Either way I have a hard time believing any organization would support executing people for sexual orientation.

EDIT: I did a quick google search and found this article that explains how the truth is often stretched pretty thin in situations like this:

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I have always found statements like this to be hard to believe. Do you have a link to the details on that?

Was it a direct donation by Chik-fil-a, or out of the pockets of one of their executives? Either way I have a hard time believing any organization would support executing people for sexual orientation.
Well, you can start here with the bill in question. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda_Anti-Homosexuality_Act,_2014 if you think nobody would support something like this.

Thankfully, it never went in to law.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

EDIT: I did a quick google search and found this article that explains how the truth is often stretched pretty thin in situations like this:

Washington Examiner is Breitbart level right wing journalism btw

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan

So you happen to regularly google right-wing journalism?

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017

Oh I know you didn't just try and prove your point with the Washington Examiner! You're not fooling anyone now.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Yea....no

The rapid growth and being the most profitable fast food restaurant (per location) defies your claim. Only behind McDonalds and Starbucks in yearly revenue while being like 22nd in number of locations.

There is certainly something that sets their chicken apart. Many of its competitors don't even use fresh, hand-breaded chicken, and in my opinion the ones that do don't come close to matching the flavor. Not sure if that is due to a marinade, the breading, or both. I believe they are pretty particular about the oil as well where the regular and spicy sandwiches are never cooked in the same batch of oil. For me and many others there is no substitute.
I stand by my statement I don't care how business is doing. It's a bland plain chicken sandwich with the spicy sandwich being only slightly better.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.

Was the National Enquirer busy?

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Mmm that was fast, anyways to reference the OP. Yeah it's just a chicken sandwich.

Politics aside, I find all this praise for customer service and cleanliness to be incredibly mind-boggling. That isn't exceptional, that's what literally should be standard.

Politics in, I'll quote myself on what I said about CfA earlier in some other CfA-related thread I posted in:

I'd say just have them eat whatever they want and you politely decline. Reality is a bitch and you'll meet plenty of bigots, both anonymous and close, that will bombard you multiple times as long as you're still living.

And yeah I pass initial judgement about folks who call themselves "allies" and still go out of their way to purchase from CfA. Nothing to hold a grudge over but I'd be side-eyeing them if I started getting to talk/know said people.

Side-eyeing applies to many in this thread.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Thank you mods for taking care of this ASAP. This shit ain't slick. Hopefully it will be a good warning for other people and maybe make them think twice about going to Chik fil a next time.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Politics in, I'll quote myself on what I said about CfA earlier in some other CfA-related thread I posted in:

Side-eyeing applies to many in this thread.
Even if you ignore the Uganda thing I posted about, CFA donated to the FRC, a recognized hate group. They worked with the PFA who fought for Proposition 8 and fought against anti-discrimination. Their CEO said, "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, "We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage"." He went on to say that striking down the Defense of Marriage Act was a "sad day for our nation."

It's just not that hard to go somewhere else. I'm the first to admit I loved their chicken. I haven't been back since all this came out.

When you find yourself aligning with Huckabee, Palin, Santorum, and Coulter to defend them, maybe you should take a step back and rethink things.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Service and pretty good chicken, but if you are morally against it there's no real reason to put it above popeyes or KFC

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it will be a good warning for other people and maybe make them think twice about going to Chik fil a next time.

Just curious but do you talk to people like this in person about going to chik fil a? Like if some person mentions they had chik fil a for lunch do you call them out?

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Posting in bad faith: concern trolling about concerns of bigotry over multiple posts
He wasn't banned for going to Chik-fil-A tho 🤷‍♂️

He was banned for dismissing bigotry, that bigotry was defending chik fil a. Defending their bigoted views is the same as visiting a chik fil a. Going to a chik fil a is defending their bigoted ass views. It's not slick to sugar coat that shit.

LOLDSFAN

Oct 25, 2017
Most fast food places are trash, but Chick-fil-A (and also In-N-Out) are legitimately good. Oh and the employees are actually nice.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
The chicken sandwich is pretty damn good. I wish the fast food chicken company that donated to conversion therapy scams was KFC, I already boycott them because of how their food tastes

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to a chik fil a is defending their bigoted ass views.

Ordering from Amazon is defending their shitty labor practices. Eating meat is defending the unethical treatment of animals. You ain't slick.

You're playing with some moral score card that everyone will obviously not ascribe to.

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Ordering from Amazon is defending their shitty labor practices. Eating meat is defending the unethical treatment of animals. You ain't slick.

Sure? Whataboutism isn't going to get anyone far in the reality of our world. But relative to Amazon, eating meat, etc. sacrificing a chicken sandwich is an incredibly simple commitment.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
He was banned for dismissing bigotry, that bigotry was defending chik fil a. Defending their bigoted views is the same as visiting a chik fil a. Going to a chik fil a is defending their bigoted ass views. It's not slick to sugar coat that shit.

he was banned because he was spreading around some breitbart level bS, not because he visited a CFA.