• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Chick-fil-A overrated?

• No

Votes: 493 59.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 332 40.2%

• Total voters

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Posters who eat there should be banned tbh. Financial support of companies that support hate groups seems like it'd be against TOS.
Well, that's a take.

They are not overrated. They are a leading example of service and ops in the QSR world, and make pretty good food. It's a shame they donate the way they do.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
The Grilled Cool Wrap is my favorite entree.

I also get the Spicy Chicken Deluxe.

Great customer service especially compared to other places like Burger King, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Whataburger, etc.

Also fast too - its unbelievable that I have to wait 10-15 min in a lane at a local BK despite the fact that there's literally 1-2 cars ahead of me.

Besides I rather eat chicken over beef - the competitors Chicken Sandwiches arent as good.

(I havent gotten the chance to try Popeyes because every time I go - like yesterday, they always tell me they are out so....).

blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Easy, food is great, customer service is second to none, fast to get food and always hot and fresh. Also the app is great and makes it even easier to order.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
"The KKK did a great job cleaning our highways. They should be commended for their community service. We're just talking about that, why are people bringing up their racism?"

This company specifically donates to anti-LGBT causes. That fact alone drowns out everything else.
My experience with this is that people just don't care enough about this. They have a CFA on campus and it's arguably the most popular food establishment, even among most of the left-leaning students and professors that I know.

And of course this thread is filling up with a bunch of whataboutisms.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Posters who eat there should be banned tbh. Financial support of companies that support hate groups seems like it'd be against TOS.
Well, that's a take.

They are not overrated. They are a leading example of service and ops in the QSR world, and make pretty good food. It's a shame they donate the way they do.
As I understand it, the most problematic organization that they donate to is The Salvation Army. A little research shows that Chick-fil-A is far from being the only company to donate or partner with The Salvation Army, with companies like Target, Walmart, Macy's, Mayo Clinic, Home Depot, etc. also donating or partnering with The Salvation Army. So I fail to understand why it's Chick-fil-A who are uniquely associated with donating to homophobic groups. Did somebody just look at all the companies that associate with The Salvation Army and pick whichever they thought was easiest to boycott and start a movement against?

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Best fast food service and pretty good food from my local one. I didn't like them until I moved into my current area. As with any fast food spot YMMV.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Good food and service. People are more willingly to handwave issues when the product is good.

Oct 25, 2017
It's quite nice, it's fast food but it doesnt feel painfully over processed. The chicken feels like chicken, the fries are great, the sauce is good and the lemonade is so refreshing.

Yeah, even "progressive" forums have seemingly weekly threads signal boosting how amazing it is. While downplaying the bigotry, of course. "We're just talking about the food and service!"

Lmao ok

Last edited:

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
It's decent, but I have better fried chicken sandwich options near me like Cane's and Fry The Coop.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017

and folks wonder why this forum gets trashed on so much.

You want me banned because I ate a chicken sandwich? So be it, I guess.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Salvation Army is more engraved in popular culture as a "good" organization, but in recent years it's absolutely has been taken a hit in public view due to their Christian roots and bigotry

No, that's not everything encompassed by 'well-run', how good you run a business includes public statements and corporate donations as well.

You're using pretty personally defined meanings for things people are saying when posters are clearly talking about a strict operational and quality standard, which is literally why people think they are a good chain when compared to others.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
It's really strange to hear people call them overrated. Like, I get it if you don't care for their food, but it's clearly higher quality than most nationwide fastfood chains, and the customer service is far greater.

Personally, one of my favorite fastfood places. I don't eat there very much any more for obvious reasons.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
My experience with this is that people just don't care enough about this. They have a CFA on campus and it's arguably the most popular food establishment, even among most of the left-leaning students and professors that I know.

And of course this thread is filling up with a bunch of whataboutisms.

Yeah, people aren't as slick as they think. Look at how many fucking threads about this fast food place there have been in the last month.

Now on Thanksgiving, while mods are with their families we have yet another thread about Chick Fil A. With the same dog whistles and dumb bullshit as they always contain.

But the forum is going to get better with making sure that the LGBT community feels safe and heard. They just have to wade through the whataboutism, bad faith, JAQing off and the thread a week we can't seem to stop making about a company known for their bigotry.

We get it, you don't care. You'd personally tear up a gay person's marriage certificate if it meant you got to eat one more chicken nugget.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Because bigots have turned it into some sort of garbage food Mecca.

Explains why in a progressive liberal city the lines are steady and big? Also their lines actually move quickly so I doubt it's like Popeyes where they are just slow in general causing longer lines. Chick-Fila wouldn't be opening more locations in urban areas if your description was true.

What if the CFA chicken supplier donates money to better causes? What if Popeyes supplier donates to charities that CFA supports? I wonder how the conversations around that would go if true. Basically your money to a company is going in different directions to a lot of different companies they are involved with. I feel its hard to follow where your money actually goes and ends up when it involves large corporations and companies.

In general all fast food chicken sandwiches are low tier compared to good neighborhood and local fried chicken joints and carry out places. Several restaurants can do better fried chicken with actual sides for a few bucks more. Not sure why it matters who is better in the fast food world when we shouldn't be eating it at the frequency as some people indicate they do in these threads.

Last edited:

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Explains why in a progressive liberal city the lines are steady and big?

Yeah, there are no bigots, or clueless morons who buy in to the endless free PR by bigots for this place, in liberal cities. That's why blue as can be NYC has no issues with bigotry.

I feel its hard to follow where your money actually goes and ends up when it involves large corporations and companies.

With this company, they've made it crystal clear. It's why people are so upset, usually they can downplay or say they didn't know.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
They easily have the best spicy chicken sandwhich, especially for somebody picky like me.

It's kind of like a Southern In & Out, in that what they serve is very straightforward and the locals love it but sometimes when people who don't live where they can just get it whenever try it for the first time they think "it's just this simple thing what's the big deal?"

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their service, speed, and quality is better than the average fast food place. Pretty simple really. Although I think Culver's is better, they probably aren't as fast.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Explains why in a progressive liberal city the lines are steady and big? Also their lines actually move quickly so I doubt it's like Popeyes where they are just slow in general causing longer lines. Chick-Fila wouldn't be opening more locations in urban areas if your description was true.

What if the CFA chicken supplier donates money to better causes? What if Popeyes supplier donates to charities that CFA supports? I wonder how the conversations around that would go of true. Basically your money to a company is going in different directions to a lot of different companies they are involved with. I feel its hard to follow where your money actually goes and ends up when it involves large corporations and companies.
No it's actually because if CFA was giving to the Aryan Nation you wouldn't dare come in here and praise their customer service but because organizations like the FCA wrap their hatred around Jesus Christ and homophobia, it doesn't matter to a lot of people and CFA gets away with it. Living in a 'liberal city' means jack shit when it comes to this.

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
No it's actually because if CFA was giving to the Aryan Nation you wouldn't dare come in here and praise their customer service but because organisations like the FCA wrap their hatred around Jesus Christ and homophobia, it doesn't matter to a lot of people and CFA gets away with it. Living in a 'liberal city' means jack shit when it comes to this.

My point to the guy I was replying to was their reputation is built off more than a place praised by bigots. In a progressive city it's built off the food and experience and that's what this thread topic was initially about.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
It taste really good, and they serve waffle fries. Plus the customer service is good, I got a lot of free meals from them wherever something goes wrong.

Too bad the corporation sucks and I haven't eaten there's one I found out about who they donate to.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
My point to the guy I was replying to was their reputation is built off more than a place praised by bigots. In a progressive city it's built off the food and experience and that's what this thread topic was initially about.
That was me and yes, they get the bigots and conservative bullhorns which makes them more popular than they otherwise would be. CFA is not a new franchise, they have been around a long time but suddenly they get thrust into stratosphere for abhorrent behavior. There being progressive hypocrites in major liberal cities is not surprising in the least.

Last edited:

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The chicken sandwich is a notch above the other fast food options and the waffle fries are great, but the frosted lemonade is the GOAT and that's the only reason I rarely go there at all.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
That was me and yes they get the bigots and conservative bullhorns which makes them more popular than they otherwise would be. CFA is not a new franchise, they have been around a long time but suddenly they get thrust into stratosphere for abhorrent behavior. There being progressive hypocrites in major liberal cities is not surprising in the least.

No way. That isn't true. There is no way that there are people who went there because the company donates to organizations that fight to take people's rights away or to fund conversion therapy.

Oh, wait a second.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tired of reading this shit in Era. If you eat there, you're a piece of trash, no exceptions.

It's funny how there are people we aren't allowed to talk about, much less show open support for on this forum because of their shitty bigoted views. This company giving money to terrible causes? Let's talk about how yummy their food is. More people should go. It's so motherfucking yummy.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how there are people we aren't allowed to talk about, much less show open support for on this forum because of their shitty bigoted views. This company giving money to terrible causes? Let's talk about how yummy their food is. More people should go. It's so motherfucking yummy.

Exactly. When are the mods going to make good on their promises to the queer Era community and back up that shit up with actions. We still haven't seen a response to last weeks drama. People aren't feeling anymore welcome and I'm still seeing these basic ass threads by straight people who have no issues supporting this trash company.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
I think they make decent food. It is just better than most other fast food places. But it is not mind blowing food. The likes of McDonalds and Burger King are just that bad.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Never been but I've always heard the food and service is great, don't drive atm and the only one I know of is in Dedham I think which is a lil far from me atm. I'll try it one day along with the Popeyes chicken sandwich to see what the hoopla is all about.

DiscoPizza

Oct 25, 2017
I've never eaten there and never will. I'm not picky about fast food so I'm fine with the alternatives.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This thread is amazing. 98% of the people commenting in favour of Chick-Fil-A I've never even seen post anywhere else in this forum.

Fuck CFA, they don't exist here, but if they would, I wouldn't be caught dead supporting those bigoted assholes.

This goes way past who they donate to, right into active bigotry against LGBTQ+ people.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tired of reading this shit in Era. If you eat there, you're a piece of trash, no exceptions.
Why shouldn't that apply to you as well if you shop at Target, Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, Macy's, or at any of the companies on this list of companies that donate or are in partnership with The Salvation Army? Chick-fil-A's donations aren't any different from those companies' donations or association.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Bigotry aside, I never understood the hype with Chick Fil A. We had them in Arkansas since the late 90s and it didn't seem to blow up in popularity ironically until around the whole gay marriage thing when the mega churches basically started promoting them.

The food is just okay to me. If there's a half empty McDonalds next to a super busy Chick Fil A - I'm probably getting a Big Mac.