• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Was fixing to buy the game until I saw the price.

I'd expect it to be at least $40 but it's literally $50. I know it's a $10 difference but it seems steep. Has it been retouched that significantly?

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
It goes on sale a lot if you don't want to pay that much. I feel like it's worth it personally. It's great.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 and Xbox version are $20 on amazon. Switch version was $20 on Black Friday.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
The LoH Trails of CS games are still $40 on steam. Sky are cheaper but are so old at this point. And rarely are on sale.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Considering the west never got the Zodiac Job System variant, I'd say it's appreciably different than the original we played.

That being said this is almost always on sale for under $25.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
It'll go on sale. I don't think the MSRP is bad. People still worked on the remaster and there's a significant enough amount of changes.

bert muscle

Aug 15, 2018
Hmm, it's currently on sale on the e-shop. At least here in UK, PS4 physical goes for around ÂŁ15. Also OP, it's confirmed to be coming to Game Pass. I think I've covered all platforms here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
The physical version has been $20 at Walmart since from... what seems like forever.

Edit: Yep. Bought it in April 2018 for $19.96.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Was fixing to buy the game until I saw the price.

I'd expect it to be at least $40 but it's literally $50. I know it's a $10 difference but it seems steep. Has it been retouched that significantly?
What platform? If it's console I see it regularly for 25 bucks at least for physical copies. If it's steam you'll see it at the same price for the winter sale i believe
and yeah, it's the best remaster they've done of a FF by far

MeepMerp

Alt Account
May 2, 2020
It's literally going to go on sale tomorrow. Any Nintendo game is priced too high imo.

OP
OP
hwarang

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
What platform? If it's console I see it regularly for 25 bucks at least for physical copies. If it's steam you'll see it at the same price for the winter sale i believe
and yeah, it's the best remaster they've done of a FF by far

That doesn't make sense. Why would it be low for physical copies and playstation consoles but not for PC?

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly XII is worth the fifty bucks. But if you've played it before.............. yeah. STILL WORTH IT

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
On Steam, Toukiden Kiwami and Dragon Quest Heroes II still are have a $60 base price, Modern Warfare 3 still is $40, Attack on Titan 2 is $60 and never gets discounted, and the list goes on. Koei, SEJP and Activision are particularly awful with their pricings there.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I paid 10€ for it when Saturn had it on sale in June 2018. Sales like those are the main reason I went with the disc PS5. Retail stores still put out damn good sale prices every now and then while the download prices never really get that much lower. It especially sucks with older games like FF12, yeah.
fireshotcapture273-medfjrm.png

Zoator

Oct 27, 2017
Steam sales are basically monthly at this point, and keeping it at a high default MSRP makes for a more impressive looking "-70%" or similar when it goes on sale. I don't know if this is actually their logic, but it isn't an uncommon sales tactic across industries.

Drakhyrr

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Yes, FFXII's price is completely weird in relation to the rest of the series. Also, it only goes for the same 50% off the rest of the series gets during sales, so it just stays way more expensive all the time.

Makes no sense at this point, really.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy games always drop to 50% of the price during any sale on Steam. So like tomorrow, just in time!

Oct 27, 2017
I have it on disc, but I'd love to get a digital copy... to play on PS5. The same goes for DQ Builders 1. I don't know why Square Enix refuses to let these games drop below €20.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
winter sale probably starts tomorrow.
last sales have had a 5€ discount when buying games so yo ucould also use that, assuming valve keeps the tradition

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
every release that isn't like 15 years old or bomba is "ridiculous" at msrp. i always get a kick claiming free games that i aleady have that normally go $40+

square enix in particular do it nintendo style, the premium is baked into their business model. honestly i was surprised FFVIII Remaster came in at $20 (i think?, maybe not the exact $ amount but i was surprised)

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
every release that isn't like 15 years old or bombed is "ridiculous" at msrp. i always get a kick claiming free games that i aleady have that normally go $40+

square enix in particular do it nintendo style, the premium is baked into their business model. honestly i was surprised FFVIII Remaster came in at $20 (i think?, maybe not the exact $ amount but i was surprised)
It's because VIII remaster is just a port with some touch ups, similar to the VII and IX releases. Even SE isn't crazy enough to charge through the roof for that.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
For whatever reason, SE used the Switch/Xbox releases as an excuse to "reset" the PC version's price/sales price.
It was always $50. They had a 20% launch-week discount.

I doubt they'll ever change the base price on Steam. It only happens very rarely when some new edition comes out on other platforms that happens to be cheaper than the original release (like FFXV Royal or NieR GotY).

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's on saw constantly digitally but also...$50 is more than fair for the game and the amount of content in it, what are you on about?

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
Playing Age of Calamity put me in the mood for some Stable Framerate Musou but all the ones I want on Steam are still 60 bucks despite being 2+ years old.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much all Nintendo Switch games are priced too high according to their release and content. Zelda and Mario Kart for Switch are still $59.99 on Nintendo's own store.

As far as non-Nintendo games, I think Monster Hunter Iceborne should have dropped in price for the holidays.

Stealth Nintendo thread?

Yeah, this is like Nintendo Switch, the Thread.