• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

It's worth it?

• Worth. Great port.

Votes: 75 73.5%
  • Worth it, but bad port. Look elsewhere.

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Not worth it. I didnt like the game.

Votes: 9 8.8%

• Total voters

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Ive been meaning to play this game after I keep hearing how good it is. Figured I had $11.80 in google survey credits so why not? Cant be more than a niner, right?

WRONG.

It is one of the most expensive titles on the store!

So anywhonanny: Is this title worth the premium price?!?!? Or rather, is this PORT worth this price? I can buy XCOM for $4.99 for example.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's an absolutely incredible port and worth every penny. Worth triple every penny!

Buy it. Pleasepleaseplease.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Worth it. Square-Enix have a mandate (similar to Nintendo I think) never to devalue their titles.

So it'll never drop to $4.99.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm not particuarly woke on the mobile scene... but FFT for about $12 sounds pretty damn reasonable....? i dunno

Maso

Sep 6, 2018
Think I eyefucked this game in the bargain bin for like a year before buying it back in the day.

worth it

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
SE is doing the Nintendo thing

people give up waiting and will pay the piper eventually

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
If you don't want to buy it that's fine, but it's well worth 12 dollars, I'd probably pay 25+ For it if I didn't already have it on my phone.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the Chaos Rings games are priced higher. But you get the newer translation which while well done I'm not too hype about (cuz they removed the single Matsuno trademark Queen reference from a Chapter Title which is treason) all the added PSP additions with none of that whack ass slowdown and the gorgeous animated cutscenes which has given me my favorite Phil Lamarr performance.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Worth it. Square-Enix have a mandate (similar to Nintendo I think) never to devalue their titles.

Lol that definitely ain't true, it's been $3.99 before

SE will hold a high price for longer if they're popular/evergreen, but they still go on sale and they'll absolutely crater in price if need be

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Lol that definitely ain't true, it's been $3.99 before

On sale, sure. But permanently? Nah.

kotaku.com

Square Enix Defends The Surprisingly High Pricing of Their iOS/Android Games

Over the past few years, Square Enix has become something of a force in mobile gaming. The big Japanese publisher, best known for making console role-playing games like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, has also found success making solid games for tablets and phones. Some of them are ports of old...

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
I think at least once a year (winter sale?) various SE mobile titles drop 50% off for a few days. If you're not in a hurry, might as well wait for that.

Edit: If you want to grab a good classic console port for cheap, get Castlevania SotN. It's only $3.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
On sale, sure. But permanently? Nah.

kotaku.com

Square Enix Defends The Surprisingly High Pricing of Their iOS/Android Games

Over the past few years, Square Enix has become something of a force in mobile gaming. The big Japanese publisher, best known for making console role-playing games like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, has also found success making solid games for tablets and phones. Some of them are ports of old...
That article is 8 years old and the prices have been dropped since then lol

And Nintendo doesn't put their successful games on sale for 70% off, SE are very different

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What annoys me is that I don't think there's any sort of schedule as to when SE, Capcom, and others put their mobile titles on sale. I swear I think I've seen Capcom put their stuff on sale like once, and never seen SE do it for something like this and Valkyrie Profile. It's frustating.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Does anyone know if it has controller support? Reading online, some people say it works, others that it doesn't. I don't see any mention of it on the store page.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
What annoys me is that I don't think there's any sort of schedule as to when SE, Capcom, and others put their mobile titles on sale. I swear I think I've seen Capcom put their stuff on sale like once, and never seen SE do it for something like this and Valkyrie Profile. It's frustating.
They usually out them on sale whenever a SE mobile game has a collab with that game, like FFBE had some VP collab and they were all accompanied by announcements that they were temporarily discounted on the app stores. Still pretty awful way to get the word out.

Oct 25, 2017
I bought this ages ago, but every time I start the game I get turned off (overwhelmed?) and quit. I'm pretty sure I'd like it if I continued (love 2D FFs and tactics games), but I've just never been able to get into it

If I can play this with my 8bitdo Pro+ on Android, I'll give it another shot

OP
OP
Vex

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you want your entertainment to be at garbage prices, its not the games fault the market has gone to shit

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
In my life I've played FFT more than any other video game. I've played a lot of video games, but FFT tops them all. The journey that the storyline takes you on is incredible. The game is worth more than $12, if you enjoy the game you might put 1000 hours into it. Just buy the game, yo!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Sure, it's a very old title. You're also paying $12 for the best SRPG ever made, though. So enjoy the bargain!

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
The better question is why that definitive version is still trapped on mobile. It's well worth that price.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni

It was 50% off earlier in the year

na.finalfantasy.com

FINAL FANTASY Mobile Sale! | NEWS | FINAL FANTASY PORTAL SITE | SQUARE ENIX

FINAL FANTASY Sale! Limited-time sale! Don't miss this opportunity for great deals! Timeframe April 29, 2020 - May 6, 2020 Sale Prices FINAL FANTAS...

SE always puts their games on sale

likely a new sale will occur soon

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I bought this ages ago, but every time I start the game I get turned off (overwhelmed?) and quit. I'm pretty sure I'd like it if I continued (love 2D FFs and tactics games), but I've just never been able to get into it

If I can play this with my 8bitdo Pro+ on Android, I'll give it another shot

Same, I have tried 3 times to get into the game on PSP. And I just can't because of this overwhelming feeling-

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
FFT is my favorite video game of all time. FFTA and A2 are fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine I guuuuuuuuuuess, but I would conduct dark, blasphemous rituals in the service of eldritch nightmares if it would yield a proper sequel to the original.

So yeah, $12 is a steal.