• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Will has two upcoming starring roles in a guaranteed billion dollar movie (Aladdin) and another that has potential to reach a billion (Bad Boys 3)

200.gif

Oct 28, 2017
It's annoying how Smith and Fishburne couldn't both be in the movie. Because society acts like two major black characters in a movie makes it a black film.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
To be honest, while I think Will Smith is a better actor than Keanu Reeves, Keanu was better for the role.

Will Smith would have likely added more of his own personality to the role and turned it into a vehicle for himself. Keanu, perhaps through his own lacking acting ability, kind of nailed the whole "detached person" angle that I felt Neo was supposed to be.

Good post

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, while I think Will Smith is a better actor than Keanu Reeves, Keanu was better for the role.

Will Smith would have likely added more of his own personality to the role and turned it into a vehicle for himself. Keanu, perhaps through his own lacking acting ability, kind of nailed the whole "detached person" angle that I felt Neo was supposed to be.
....whoa

lidmat

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
By the way, I find it peculiar that he was pitched an idea for the shoot, but not anything about the plot, setting, or characters.

That shows the mentality of the movie's creators; "we're gonna do a cool camera shot. oh the story? we can wing that."

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I find it peculiar that he was pitched an idea for the shoot, but not anything about the plot, setting, or characters.

That shows the mentality of the movie's creators; "we're gonna do a cool camera shot. oh the story? we can wing that."

Only if you're taking Will Smith's story at face value instead of it being a joke.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Basically the Wachowsky sisters pitched the movie like "you will jump and you will stop in the air and the camera will go around you because it will have lots of cameras" and Will Smith didn't understood anything so he choose to do Wild Wild West. He say he maybe have saved the movie because if neo was black they would have choosen Val Kilmer for Morpheus and that is sad

This was my first thought. Will smith as Neo would have meant Fishburne absolutely would NOT have been Morpheus.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Will still has his Fresh Prince love & money. Don't even get me started on Bad Boys or Men In Black or ...

He ain't hurting.

Fresh Prince ended in '96, and the new MiB movies aren't about him.

He may not be hurting, but he's not in his prime, either.

You're right about Bad Boys coming back, including a spin-off tv series!

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I meant currently or this decade.
Fresh Prince ended in '96, and the new MiB movies aren't about him.

He may not be hurting, but he's not in his prime, either.

You're right about Bad Boys coming back, including a spin-off tv series!

Well true, but I still see Fresh Prince reruns everyday on some channels here and Bad Boys is coming back.
Men In Black is starting a new? chapter or a reboot ?

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't contemplate living in a world where the Wild Wild West song was not released. It's too good even if it literally cost millions upon millions of dollars to make it happen.

WORTH IT.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is fanboy incarnate.

Good on will for giving props. Keanu made the role. Also that jada video was magnificent.

Feb 2, 2019

Hi ! Someone who understand exactly what made Matrix 1 the great product it is and probably one of the best sci fi movie ever made. It seems every planets did align for this movies and it's quite astonoshing even the Wachowski didn't seem to be able to replicate its formula, with success. Matrix 2 sucks, Matrix 3 is a joke and all their movie after Matrix has been ok to meh.

Matrix 1 is truly special and it seems the planet aligned to make Will Smith turn down the offer too. Val Kilmer as Morpheus ? Yeah, no, thanks.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I imagine some strange, alternate timeline where Brandon Lee isn't killed during The Crow and gets the Neo role.

Would have been fucking incredible and the "I know Kung Fu" line would have been bittersweet. 😢

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
"So I did Wild Wild West".

LOL

He obviously seems cool about it now, but he must've REALLY regretted it back then. I remember reading lots of stories about it at the time.