• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Why havent you bought a switch yet?

• The library of games does not interest me

Votes: 209 30.2%
  • I dont care for the portabel aspect

Votes: 64 9.2%
  • I am waiting for a new model at this point

Votes: 252 36.4%
  • I dont like the hardware

Votes: 40 5.8%
  • Other reasons

Votes: 128 18.5%

• Total voters

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
For me, I like games with really strong narratives and characters.

For instance with God of War, I loved Kratos and Atraeus. I loved the story that was told, and I want a sequel to continue the adventures with them. I want to remember that game 10 years from now. 20 years.
I still remember Uncharted 2 and the impact it had on me. Like, what games COULD do in terms of narrative and story telling in such a high quality and how I can get attached to video game characters.

Many of Nintendos games don't have that. Its a kart racer. Or you are catching Pokemon. Or your playing tennis. Or your building a mario level.

For me, many of these games are kind of "disposable". And I'm not saying that in a bad way, I can play Mario Kart for a week, and then just as easily forget about it till I buy the 8th one or whatever. I don't find the price justifies that kind of experience that I want.

Zelda and Mario are the 2 Nintendo franchises that do stick with me. Mario because its just fucking awesome and the gameplay there is immaculate. And Zelda because it does have the things that I do like in PS4 exclusives or other games. However, saying that, I found BOTW very weak because the story was almost non-existent and Link felt like a mannequin that had come to life. It was full of small side stories and just felt like a playground to fuck around in. I did slowly get bored with it because there was not a lot to drive me forward. I do acknowledge that it did a lot of innovative things for an open world game and I hope other games copy it.

But like you said, nothing I could say could explain it to you, but there is my take.

Nothing against the switch and people who love the games and the system. Its just one of those things where I grew up with NES, SNES, and N64. But I found PS2 and honestly never really looked back.
Sounds like you would like Xenoblade

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Waiting on that new hardware. Also SMT5. Portability doesn't interest me as much because I do all of my gaming at home and rarely have a chance to play something away from home.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I sold mine last year due to it collecting dust and the obscene prices of the software. I wouldn't mind buying one again for Link's Awakening and Breath of the Wild 2, since I really like the look of the former and I really enjoyed the first installment of the latter, but there's little else to pull me back in other than that. And the software prices are still obscene.

Mar 11, 2019
I did not buy it for almost all the points except waiting for new hardware:

1: I care for the graphical abilities, and this system is severely lacking in that department, evermore so considering next gen is just around the corner. To me most of the games look like good looking mobile/tablet games, which often are free to play.
2: Imo its overpriced
3: The games are often more aimed for children and don't interest me at all.
4: If there are third party games coming to it (which is not always the case), your getting an inferior version at full price whereas the game has already been discounted on other platforms.
5: Have absolutely no interest in gaming on a tiny screen and don't care for the mobility aspect.

Last edited:

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
It's too expensive and it only has a handful of games that I want. Also I want a smaller version, maybe cheaper too.

rarewolf

Feb 7, 2019
Waiting to see what the new hardware is about. Aside from that my only real gripe is Nintendo's seeming hatred towards any type of achievement system. I know...It's a minor thing to complain about, but It's something I enjoy in most games, I know I would miss it.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Waiting for the switch mini announcement so that I can buy another switch for my gf. No way in hell I'm spending another 300 bucks for an animal crossing machine.
This. I already have one and I shared it with here to play Let's Go. But with the new one and Animal Crossing that I will play too, we need an other one. And she find the actual one too fragile (and it is not her console, so she don't play nomade).
So we are waiting the 3DS successor to have a second one.

samwyse

Oct 28, 2017
A portable system might be the exact thing I need, but the Switch is too expensive to test this.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
First post gets it. Switch and its accessories are too expensive to be a justifiable purchase for me.

I'll admit this E3 was the first to get me genuinely hyped for the console, but in my country we have only the grey market atm, and there the price is still too damn high.

I still intend to buy an used unit down the road, though.

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
I dont have time to play all the games I want/have on PS4.
Don't like Nintendo IPS. The portable aspect its not a factor, if it was I would probably buy a Switch as it is the only option.

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
Had a Wii u, barely played it. Won't make the same mistake twice.

I thought Pokemon would be the game to get me to grab one but it doesn't look like anything special to me.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
mostly a money issue but i'm also waiting for a new model
the other problem is i don't have a tv at home right now and i i buy a tv i want it to be a good OLED, so that's going to cost me a lot