• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Why havent you bought a switch yet?

• The library of games does not interest me

Votes: 209 30.2%
  • I dont care for the portabel aspect

Votes: 64 9.2%
  • I am waiting for a new model at this point

Votes: 252 36.4%
  • I dont like the hardware

Votes: 40 5.8%
  • Other reasons

Votes: 128 18.5%

• Total voters

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I was gonna wait for more news about Metroid, but ended up caving in October last year because of Pokémon and Smash hype. BotW was my first game, I currently own 8 physical games and I'm planning to buy like 12 more for the rest of the year.

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Waiting on a price drop, but I'm worried it will end up like most of my other Nintendo consoles and just be a Zelda/Mario/Mario Kart machine, which while fun, usually leaves me with about 5/6 games per console, plus the Wii U kinda soured me a bit on Nintendo.. the influx of indies is tilting me more toward it though.

Havok

Oct 27, 2017
Northern VA
I mean I have one that I haven't touched in months so I can't really fault anyone. I'll finally dust it off for Mario Maker 2

Oct 30, 2017
I picked other reasons because of the other reasons in the poll XD

• The library of games does not interest me
  • I dont care for the portabel aspect
  • I dont like the hardware

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not powerful enough for my tastes.

I only tend to buy one console, and for that to be the switch, I would need more AAA third party games on it.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's bad poll design, you gotta at least add an option for already having one. Otherwise you're just baiting the people who have one, but also want to press shiny button.

As for me, no interest what so ever in Nintendo's offerings.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for a pro version. I don't care at all about portable, I just want a bit stronger console and I'm in.

If the rumors about it being a thing are bs I'll just go get a regular model. At this point im going to have lots to play so I'm not stressed.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see the "value" yet. Nintendo tax + already having a lot of these games, just seems like burning money.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I was going to when it came out but I have limited money and decided VR was a better path to go. Never cared for portability always used the inside 99% of the time.

Was going to get one again after I could save from buying a VR headset but now that PS5 is looming I'll probably just wait till near the end of its life when it's cheap.

Maple-Rebel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 15, 2018
I bought one, lugged it around Central America for 3 months while travelling for work. I opened up Zelda a few times but just couldn't get into it. So I sold it for $100 more than I bought it and called it a day. I'm saving that money for the PS5.

I love the idea of handhelds, and nothing will beat the magic of my first game boy. And still, I think I just have to admit they aren't for me. I say this after having bought gameboys in their multiple iterations, Nintendo DS, and a Vita.

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
I bought a Switch because i was interested in Mario+Rabbids, played it for two days and then never touched it again before selling it a few months later. So yeah i'm mainly not interested in the library of games on Switch and i doubt i will ever get one again.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
firstly i dont buy consoles very often, and i already bought a Wii U about 4 years ago

even if i was in the market for a system it wouldn't be a switch, not with expense under-powered hardware, and not with next gen right around the corner, and not with how i felt they abandoned the Wii U to quickly

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
So almost 1/3 of voters find nothing in the library? Wth, maybe if it was on a forum where NHL, NFL or CoD mattered (mainstream), but on Era? Wow

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
For me, it's all about the games. I've been gaming for more than 20 years now and I've yet to see a Nintendo game that looks even remotely appealing. Only mobile games are worse.

Vctor182

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's not portable yet. When it is, I'll buy it.
giphy.gif

Anyways, I'm saving up to buy it on black friday

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
waiting on a new model at this point. Nintendo has been doing some amazing Switch games and got really exited with their direct to the upcoming titles but at this point I dont want to dive into an older model while a new one seems like its on the horizon. just wished they would hurry up already

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Three of the reasons in the poll.

There aren't enough games, I don't care about portability and I might as well wait for the new model.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Are people here really acting like the Switch is perfectly portable when that thing is big and clunky as fuck? That thing feels awkaward to hold and its not something I can imagine literally carrying around in my pocket like a DS Lite.
I'll never understand how people don't like Nintendo games. Like you could try and explain it in as much detail as you want but the wires just don't connect for me. Imo they easily make the best games and outclass almost all of the competition.
1st party titles I like:

2D Zelda
2D Metroid
Advance Wars
F-Zero

The only one of those for Switch is Link's Awakening and the art is a gigantic turn off.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do you want me to pull up the Turkish Lira exchange rate graphs OP?

(a Switch with no games comes out to something like almost 1.5 months of minimum wage)

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
I actually think I bought one two years too early. Games are finally coming though so I'm not mad.

Jul 26, 2018
Lack of games i'm interested in and hearing tons of rumors about another new switch model coming.

At this point.. only Pokemon and Super smash bros are the only games I have interest in. But i'm not gonna spend over $300 for just 2 games.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I was waiting for a pricedrop that basically never happened, and now I guess I'm waiting for the alleged new model.
I care little for the portable aspect, but I'd still like to play some of those Super Zelda games.

Jan 21, 2019
Waiting for the Switch 2 and I don't care about portable gaming right now. I actually never felt the urge or need to play on the go. Also I think that it is too expensive for what it does and I really don't trust the battery to last 6-7 years (typical console life cycle).

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
It's games do not interest me. Not paying hundreds of dollars just to unlock the ability two buy one or two games.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I actually did buy one already, but I bought it for my niece for her birthday. Unfortunately I bought it when there was like... some kind of shortage and the only one I could get was one off Amazon for 400 bucks.

I'm just waiting for more games that I want to play before I get one of my own. Animal Crossing would've been that. Luigi's Mansion 3 will probably be that instead, now.

Even though PS5 will be BC with PS4, I'm more likely to buy a PS4Pro sooner than a Switch to be honest.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Not interested, at all tbh. I mean, now that we can emulate BotW all I have to do is buy the game for use on my computer, right? The novelty of "being able to play your games on the go" doesn't appeal to me, and ultimately just reminds me of how I wound up feeling about Super Gameboy back in the day...

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Up until this year it was that the library didn't have enough exclusives that warranted the purchase for me. I have a Wii U and have Breath of the Wild there, so that left maybe 3 I would have picked up for the system. But with Cadence of Hyrule, Link's Awakening, Tetris 99, Fire Emblem, and Sword & Shield entering the equation, it's a lot easier to pull the trigger. Plan to get one now.

sw26

Oct 27, 2017
Only have the time and inclination to keep up with one platform these days, even them I'm struggling with everything on PS4.

Old man problems.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Not interested, at all tbh. I mean, now that we can emulate BotW all I have to do is buy the game for use on my computer, right? The novelty of "being able to play your games on the go" doesn't appeal to me, and ultimately just reminds me of how I wound up feeling about Super Gameboy back in the day...
Downloading roms are always illigal, doesnt matter if you own the game.
https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom explains it well.

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
The portability aspect doesn't do much for me, other than dictate that the hardware be relatively weak, and its exclusives aren't enough of a draw for me at this point. (I played the Wii U versions of BoTW and Bayonetta 2 already. Maybe the BoTW sequel and Bayonetta 3 will pull me in.)

Oklusion

Nov 22, 2018
I voted the library but I'm kind of intereses on BOTW, not $360 interested though, and I have a big backlog already.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
During the last gen I had a PS3, 360 and wii and realised I had neither the time nor money for all of them so I decided to pick one platform to play, I chose PlayStation as I spent most of my time on it anyway and have stuck with them ever since.