• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Do you find it strange that both of these are supposed to be massive games, while one had a E3 cinematic trailer with blink and you'll miss gameplay bits the other had it's trailer revealed several weeks ahead of E3. They both had their E3 Coliseum/interviews with the devs discussed about the game, yet never showed any footage of the gameplay. Do you find it disappointing/frustrating?

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
COD is still editing sensitive content. I guess they want "shocking" but not a full blown controversy.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Cod you didn't see because Sony wasn't the\ere, they'll have some small state of play/direct type thing come out before release, I mean its cod there aint much to it, Marvel though I think you won't see much because it just isn't ready, I predict a 3 month delay which is fine let it take its time, I think it will be a high 80 metacritic game, they don't want to mess it up

MXT

Banned
May 13, 2019
CoD footage will actually be released during a dedicated event in August. Avengers footage is being held back, likely due to concerns about people threatening to murder artists over puddle shaders.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Saw both today behind closed doors and both were significant chunks of gameplay. COD looks absolutely spectacular.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Based on what was said during the GB night show, Avengers probably isn't being shown because it still looks very early.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Neither has much incentive to show now. They can have their own marketing events later in the year and not be overshadowed by other talk.

E3 is not what it was.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Uhh maybe they're not ready to show it to open audience because the games are still in development...?

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Joel Emslie (Art Director @ IW) said during the Coliseum panel that they really, really want to show us footage which leads me to believe that they are waiting for a State of Play since Sony has the marketing or they are waiting for their COD event.

Avengers is strange because there were gameplay snippets in the trailer yet they didn't even show brief gameplay while they were talking

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This happens every year. There's always a couple of games that doesn't show any gameplay at all or just show it behind closed doors.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Call of Duty runs its League championship finals or whatever they call it in mid July, where the pros compete for tournament prizes. Most likely you will see stuff there. I also vaguely recall a Call of Duty day or something but that might have passed already.

Its Call of Duty though, its not gonna change that much up. There's a campaign in 2019, there's a multiplayer mode, we just don't know much about zombies (but its either in or out, not like knowing details about it will matter you either are into the mode or you are not) or if they are doing anything with battle royale. Doesn't seem like it, guess campaign replaces BR which is kinda weird for people who love playing BR games, they just stick with BO4?

I'd like to pretend the backlash against the micro (hah) transactions of BO4 will have any impact on sales but it won't. I didn't spend a dime on BO4 mtx and will probably buy COD2019, I enjoy the game for what it is and it easily gives me $60 of value, I've sunk 100+ hours into BO4 battle royale and love playing it. Its too bad all the cosmetic stuff is SOOOOOO greedy but I've spent $0, if everyone had a modicum of self control the problem would fix itself.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Show cod gameplay in a state of play
Show avengers gameplay in psx with a tease of spiderman character for ps4.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
- E3 loosing relevance
- Reveal at an own Event/State of Play/etc.
- not polished enough
- fear of downgrade - shitstorm because "gamers" just can't chill with that stuff

Choose your poison

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
GB's impression of the Avengers is that it doesn't seem great. And people have already reacted badly to the trailer. They are probably afraid to show it.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Saw both today behind closed doors and both were significant chunks of gameplay. COD looks absolutely spectacular.
giphy.gif