• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Weak remaster"? Raven's remake of Modern Warfare was absolutely exceptional. Masterfully crafted, faithful to the original, but with light handed improvements that elevate it even higher.

Also, "better new products"? Infinity Ward's last Call of Duty was Infinite Warfare, which is one of the best FPS games of the past decade.

damn. MWR really was one of the most "faithful" remasters i've ever played, without it just being uprezzed textures and models. like the assets are VERY different, but if you haven't played the original in years and you don't do a side-by-side, one might wonder what if anything was changed

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also no, mw2 campaign was fantastic, better than 4 even. And Mw3 is still bombastic with well made set pieces
It's kinda weird seeing people talk smack about Modern Warfare 2, acting as though the game is no big deal anymore and somehow not even worthy of a remake/remaster because it's so passe. The story was rightfully called out for being a bit bonkers. But the game was universally acclaimed. It is still a beloved game. The snowmobile chase remains one of the most exhilarating action set pieces in any videogame. So far as linear, story-driven games go, it doesn't get more thrilling that this.

The game is full of moments like this. I'm replaying it currently, and it's a damn fine game.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I think Activision has the numbers to prove that they make far more money off of selling newer games than they do re-releasing old ones. MWR was a phenomenal remake of MW1 (minus retaining its incredibly busted and rote multiplayer), but it was released alongside IW, essentially competing not just with the same series, but the same purchase, as MWR was tied to the Legacy Edition of IW until mid-2017.

Even if it were released as a separate purchase, a game like MW2 would require a financial split at the publisher to fund both the studio making the remake, and the studio working on the new title for that year. If one doesn't make as much money as the publisher hoped (and this is Activision, so their estimates are always way too high), then they're not going to bother trying again.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It's kinda weird seeing people talk smack about Modern Warfare 2, acting as though the game is no big deal anymore and somehow not even worthy of a remake/remaster because it's so passe. The story was rightfully called out for being a bit bonkers. But the game was universally acclaimed. It is still a beloved game. The snowmobile chase remains one of the most exhilarating action set pieces in any videogame. So far as linear, story-driven games go, it doesn't get more thrilling that this.

The game is full of moments like this. I'm replaying it currently, and it's a damn fine game.

Exactly, the soundtrack for the campaign was also stellar. Like the whole snowmobile chase

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
From my experience it wasn't a minority and the vast majority of people I met found some of the glitches funny.

The severs getting hacked by players with God mode and auto aim etc had a much bigger effect let's be honest. At least a javelin or care package glitch only lasted a few weeks or months and anyone could do it. But if you were in a server with a hacker you were literally fucked.

And a game ruined with glitches/hacks is the fault of the game developer/console manufacturers. It's an easy cop out to blame the players.

To use your thought process, yes if my local cops didn't do their job my town would be hell on earth with a lot more people breaking the law. It's their responsibility to enforce law and order.
Its an easy cop out to blame... The actual people who are breaking and ruining the game for others? This is one hell of a thought process here.

I get it. You've already made posts here about just how funny it was to make the game a living hell for the other team with the exploits you personally ran so I'm sure you want to defend yourself in some way but trying to blame the people who let you get away with it isn't going to convince anyone.

Players who abuse and make games miserable for others are to blame for their own actions.

This is a dangerous mental stance to take. I hope it never extends out of the digital world for you.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Its an easy cop out to blame... The actual people who are breaking and ruining the game for others? This is one hell of a thought process here.

I get it. You've already made posts here about just how funny it was to make the game a living hell for the other team with the exploits you personally ran so I'm sure you want to defend yourself in some way but trying to blame the people who let you get away with it isn't going to convince anyone.

Players who abuse and make games miserable for others are to blame for their own actions.

This is a dangerous mental stance to take. I hope it never extends out of the digital world for you.
Talk about a ridiculous conclusion. Absolutely absurd. This was 10 years ago when I was a kid and I haven't glitched since those days.

But even back then the glitches would happen to me so my thought process was well might as well do them too until they're fixed instead of always being on the receiving end.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
the beautiful nature of MW2 MP is that everything is broken and OP, hence nothing is. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
I can see it coming with MW4 this year.

Btw, it was rumor for a very long time because the mw1mw2 remastered bundle popped up to order in Asian region. According to my source who is some kind of official dealer in this region. So my hope is high. I think they are planning to revealed but got negative feedback from no mp so they pull off last minute on last year afair

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I remember "spawn trap" simulator quite well. Getting stuck spawning in the same corner of the map with no cover while helicopters and missiles instantly kill me over and over and over again. Fun times that I would like to see with better graphics.

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017
On the brightside it's back-compat and still playable on PC/last gen consoles I suppose. But yeah I imagine it isn't worth the dev teams resources/attention right now after the recent Battle Royale additions...

Lyonaz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not bringing out the Modern Warfare Trilogy Remastered is a damn shame. It is such a missed opportunity, especially with multiplayer only CoD for 2018.