• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Loony Toons Galactic Sports was a PS Vita exclusive.
20161109160431_sony_playstation_vita_wi_fi_psvita_2016_looney_tunes_galactic_sports_memory_card_8gb.jpeg
I'm kind of shocked that anyone at Sony thought that the Looney Toons were still relevant enough for a bundle like this to be appealing to a wider audience.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
I used to love Looney Tunes growing up, anyone remember those tshirts which had the 'Tunes all wearing saggy jeans and stuff? Huge in the early 90s out by me. Games wise I had Crazy Castle, Birthday Blowout, Taz Mania (Genesis), the GB one which I remember loving, and Rabbit Rampage...

Anyone remember Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage? That had some pretty stunning graphics for the time, but the hit detection and platforming were clunky at best. Can't believe I chose it over Shinobi 3 when I was little :p

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, man, totally. The Konami Tiny Toons NES game was a favorite of mine as a kid.

Sadly, I think Tiny Toons is even less of a thing than Looney Tunes these days, so that's not likely.
Now's the time to cash in on 90s childhood nostalgia. Look at Disney with Ducktales.

I suggested Good-Feel because they're made up of mainly old school Konami staff. Including some worked on their old Tiny Toons games.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Remember playing this one:
Crazy_Castle_Cover.png

AVGN did a video on this series and was mind blown there are 3 sequels.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I wonder this all the time.

Kingdom Hearts really isn't my thing because I don't care much for the Disney properties in it. But if it were Looney Tunes, I'd be all over it.

Or hell, ANY kind of Looney Tunes game.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't find many of them to be good. So that was sort of what my "less so" comment meant. Some for sure. Just not as many as I think others found for me

Tiny Toons Adventures on NES
Tiny Toons Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! on SNES
Tiny Toons Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure on Mega Drive
Tiny Toon Adventures: Montana's Movie madness on Gameboy
The Crazy Castle games on NES and Gameboy
Looney Tunes B-Ball on SNES by Sunsoft
Not as universally loved, but I liked the first Taz Mania game on Mega Drive

Most of the above are awesome.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Shoutouts to a ton of PS1/N64 era Looney Tunes platformers. They were absolute gems. Bugs Bunny Lost in Time and Sheep Dog 'N' Wolf were great.
The Looney Tunes haven't had any mainstream relevance since probably Space Jam.
It's a good thing it's getting a sequel finally then.
I'm kind of shocked that anyone at Sony thought that the Looney Toons were still relevant enough for a bundle like this to be appealing to a wider audience.
The European branches of Sony had some....interesting picks for Vita exclusive marketing deals/games
91WS90t0CIL._SX522_.jpg

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tiny Toons Adventures on NES
Tiny Toons Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! on SNES
Tiny Toons Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure on Mega Drive
Tiny Toon Adventures: Montana's Movie madness on Gameboy
The Crazy Castle games on NES and Gameboy
Looney Tunes B-Ball on SNES by Sunsoft
Not as universally loved, but I liked the first Taz Mania game on Mega Drive

Most of the above are awesome.
Ya wasn't a fan of a couple of those for sure. But still some good for sure too

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I dont think it would be a bad idea. The brand recognition would give it much more of a boost than a new IP. Of course it has to actually look good. If it is announced and looks like shovelware then I could see it just flopping like a bunch of other liscened games. It isn't nearly as relevant today but that's not a net negative. The brand recognition it does have is much better than "new IP"

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I genuinely forgot the Loony Tunes were a thing. They used to be huge. I had some piece of shit game on the Game Boy where you played as Bugs. And one of the ten million versions of Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle which came out on GB Colour.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The cultural relevancy of Looney Tunes has drastically waned since the two big networks that used to show them all the time (Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon) dropped them in favor of original works that they fully own.

Although I'd go all in for Sheep Raider to get the Crash/Spyro treatment.

I thought that Cartoon Network was owned by Warner Bros?

Nov 27, 2017
California
WB/Looney Tunes should've tried giving skins to fortnite since they aren't popular anymore

Space Jam 2 is their best chance at a revival with LeBron James.

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I don't think many classic characters have gotten their own games in a while. When was the last time Mickey got his own game that wasn't Kingdom Hearts?

What I want to know is why WB hasn't integrated Looney Tunes into their Lego toys-to-life thing? Or tried to put Looney Tunes with Lego period.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, it's like asking why they haven't made a Popeye game. Brands have periods of inactivity all the time.

(Although I do remember a good chunk of the games were bleh with some standouts in the Snes/Ps1 days)

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Maybe back when The Looney Tunes Show was airing in 2011 they could've made some kind of Heavy Rain like game since people complained they were "too domesticated" in that series.

Last edited:

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Both Disney and Warner lost a lot of mindshare with a whole generation when they stopped pushing their classic cartoons.

From their inception to the 90s, they were never really gone, but over the last two decades they kind of vanished. Now that content is king with their own streaming services, they are both looking deep into their vaults and Duck Tales and the likes get new life.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something Looney Tunes coming out in the gaming world in the next few years. My personal dream would be a 2D basketball themed platformer by WayForward.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Both Disney and Warner lost a lot of mindshare with a whole generation when they stopped pushing their classic cartoons.

From their inception to the 90s, they were never really gone, but over the last two decades they kind of vanished. Now that content is king with their own streaming services, they are both looking deep into their vaults and Duck Tales and the likes get new life.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something Looney Tunes coming out in the gaming world in the next few years. My personal dream would be a 2D basketball themed platformer by WayForward.

Ehh, not sure if it really applies to Disney.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I have fond memories of Looney Toon games as well, especially Buster Busts Loose. These games would be perfect for the Virtual Console on Switch that doesn't exist anymore. Oh well...

Does anyone else remember Wild & Wacky Sports?

Before Mario Party, this was THE game to play for between our group of friends. Incredibly hard in some disciplines, but man I ruled in ice cream throwing.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I was just randomly thinking the other day about Crazy Castle, I had it for NES and Gameboy. Rights issues would probably keep that coming to the Switch Online stuff but I would definitely like to play that again.

Apr 24, 2018
Oh man, I remember playing two Looney Toons games as a kid and Buster Busts Loose was one of them. Thanks for the memories, here!

I wonder if Mickey Mouse and friends are going down a similar path with fewer and fewer kids knowing who those characters are? I also greatly enjoyed Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse as a kid (though I never beat it, got to the last level I believe after renting it a few times), and I believe one of my friends owned The Castle of Illusion which I saw/played a bit of, as well.