• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Yessss!! He was the best part of iron man 2!! Sam Rockwell is one of my favourite actors

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one could handle those dance moves

hammer-dance.gif

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is my most wanted thing in the MCU now that Cap has lifted mjolnir

Armor Wars feels like a perfect opportunity

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure his lawyers are currently preparing an appeal based on the blip situation.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
If he's going to be in anything it'll be armour wars. That's like the most obvious character inclusion I'll be surprised he's not in it. Unless he doesn't want to obviously.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Wait a couple more years my man. With Thunderbolts being a real possibility and IronHeart/Armor Wars he's bound to return.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
They want to forget Iron Man 2 happened and they don't seem to care about developing villains.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Rockwell is contractually obligated to never make it big time, I believe.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know but he needs to.

He.
Is.
Hilarious.

I mean seriously. I rewatched Iron-Man 2 last year and years later I crack up more at his antics.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
They want to forget Iron Man 2 happened and they don't seem to care about developing villains.
This was very true during Phase 1 and Phase 2, a real sticking point for most people- including myself.
You don't hear people complaining about it anywhere near as often and there's a reason for that.

Loki, Killmonger, Winter Soldier, Nebula, Thanos and now possibly Wanda, have had some awesome development over multiple movies. I'm sure someone in the comments will take issue with one of those inclusions but I generally really liked all of those characters development. Definitely felt like someone heard the complaints about "Marvel's villain problem" and helped course correct.

Either that or it's another sign of the shift between Ike Perlmutter to Kevin Feige.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
To me, the benefit of the MCU means that;
  • They have a cavalcade of huge or up and coming stars playing characters
  • They have the capital and the reputation to get these characters to return whenever they want
They bought Tim Roth back after 13 years. They bought back William Hurt after 8. They bought back Coulson (in the films) after 7. They can pretty much bring back anybody they want, whenever they want.

Except Hugo Weaving.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was very true during Phase 1 and Phase 2, a real sticking point for most people.

You don't hear people complaining about it anymore and there's a reason for that.

Hm? Outside of Loki and Thanos most of the villains are still one note characters that are just to shake things up for their particular movie before a big CG spectacle at the end.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
OP, he actually did come back in the Marvel short Hail to the King. You might've missed it, it's only available for viewing on the Thor: The Dark World home media releases.

Disney needs to put the One-Shots together as a series on Disney+.

Two of the five One-Shots are on there in the 'extras' section of their respective Blu-ray counterpart films. Not sure why it's missing three of them.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
To me, the benefit of the MCU means that;
  • They have a cavalcade of huge or up and coming stars playing characters
  • They have the capital and the reputation to get these characters to return whenever they want
They bought Tim Roth back after 13 years. They bought back William Hurt after 8. They bought back Coulson (in the films) after 7. They can pretty much bring back anybody they want, whenever they want.

Except Hugo Weaving.

And Mickey Rourke.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Hm? Outside of Loki and Thanos most of the villains are still one note characters that are just to shake things up for their particular movie before a big CG spectacle at the end.
Killmonger, Nebula and Winter Soldier were not one-note, I was actually very pleased with how their arcs developed. I mean his Killmonger had a shitty CGI fight but he was not one-note. Nebula in particular surprised me.

And if they are actually going in the direction with Wanda that they seem to be, then add that to the list.

There are exceptions but definitely a difference in how villains were treated during the first phase or two to how they are generally handled now.