• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I sooo much want to get into DS again on PS5 with better audio but... man I am not looking forward to grinding merchants for upgrades to my gear.

I always assumed they are going to add NG+ later on with some new vehicles, gadgets and in-game mp3 player. The moments when Low Roar started playing were just poetical, totally immersive and made traversal beautiful.

I would buy the game second time if it got some dlcs and the features mentioned above.

What about some air balloon to enjoy the great environment from above? How about some actual snowboard and parachute (with like limited use).

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's weird. Got me to stop playing the game honestly. The fact that they even blocked spotify when you're playing the game is so stupid.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Because they considered Death Stranding to be over and preferred to start a new project.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
continually adding and updating a game takes time and money

they invested enough to get the pc version and updates the ps4 version with quality of life fixes, but i wouldn't expect anything more than that

OP
OP
fanboy

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
But this game just screams all over for NG+ and MP3 player. I gues decisions about this things happened before the launch so its not like they got discouraged by maybe lower sales. Its seriously missing some of these features.

I didnt know they blocked spotify.. so is there some way to listen to the music from PS4/PS5 while playing the game?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
But this game just screams all over for NG+ and MP3 player. I gues decisions about this things happened before the launch so its not like they got discouraged by maybe lower sales. Its seriously missing some of these features.

I didnt know they blocked spotify.. so is there some way to listen to the music from PS4/PS5 while playing the game?
could always buy the soundtrack and stick it on a usb stick to listen through the media player

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
They shipped a polished game and moved on to their next project.
And that's the way I like it. Every game doesn't need a content roadmap to try to get new top keep coming back for a year. There's enough games competing for my time, in happy to have something I can play to completion and move on from.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Every game these days should have an in game mp3 player, the fact that custom soundtracks across the board were not announce for next gen systems is a big disappointment.

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
An MP3 player would be nice, but I'm not sure what the point of NG+ would be, it'd just largely make sections a cakewalk. The point of Death Stranding is largely logistic challenges until you unlock new tools ot make them efficient. Having ziplines from the getgo would completely trivialize most of the game, for example.

I guess an option to replay unique sections like corpse disposal or the late game boss fights would be interesting, but it'd be much more practical to just add a mission/chapter select function. Most of the moment-to-moment gameplay can still be done in the postgame anyways.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
It was a finished game that was really polished. I prefer when developers release a complete game and then move onto another one.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think the sad truth is that it didn't do quite well enough to make implementing those things a worthwhile task over starting on a new project.

OP
OP
fanboy

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
And that's the way I like it. Every game doesn't need a content roadmap to try to get new top keep coming back for a year. There's enough games competing for my time, in happy to have something I can play to completion and move on from.

New game plus should be must have feature with those games... i mean, is it really bad that we want to spend more time playing the game? It adds so much value to the replayability.

Also, music is just so important and entwined with actual game design that its just that we can listen to it just by entering specific area (and that it can stop in the middle of the song just because you exited it).

could always buy the soundtrack and stick it on a usb stick to listen through the media player

Yeah, you would have to open the console menu and stop/play the music everytime there is a dialogue or cutscene or when the game plays some of its soundtrack. But I guess its the best option.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
NG+ should be a way more common feature. Most games don't have it and the ones that do often don't patch it in until months later.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
I would love to have another reason to fire DS back up again, but it really had a solid, satisfying ending imo and I don't know what you'd add to the game story-wise, and where you would put it.

An in-game player for its own music would have been sooooooo welcome during those long delivery hauls. Such a strong soundtrack that it's a shame it can only be accessed via the private rooms.

Jan 15, 2018
Custom MP3 playlists don't seem too far fetched to me considering you could have custom music to play from your helicopter in the PC version of MGSV. It seems like Kojipro has moved on to its next project though.

Oct 27, 2017
They're an independent studio now and need to be careful about where they spend time and money.
New Game+ can be a difficult thing to implement and test, especially on large games if you don't plan for it from the start.

Doesn't hurt to ask for it in future games but I think the ship has sailed on further Death Stranding support.
There was a lot of noise made about God Of War 2018 not having new game plus but due to fan demand it was added months after release.

I guess the same level of demand wasn't there for Death Stranding.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Would've been nice if they followed suit with other SIE's games like Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War, Spider-Man, Days Gone, TLOU Part II & Ghosts of Tsushima.

Seems like a trend for them to add New Game + later along with some extra trophies to attach to it.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
They would have to do a lot of extra work to make NG+ even interesting. Like adding extra challenges/enemies/activities. Otherwise why wouldn't you just equip the lvl 3 speed frame and speed run the campaign? At that point just rewatch the cutscenes separately.

I do agree about being able to listen to the soundtrack anywhere. But that may be a rights thing.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gamers have been conditioned to the point that games that don't have DLC or post-game patches are now the sinful games

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
I'm not the biggest fan of the game, but I'll give them props for putting it out and basically saying "this is everything, everything that you would need."

The fact that they even blocked spotify when you're playing the game is so stupid.

I bet that's just due to Kojima artistic vision, which by you can't really argue against. And, there's nothing stopping you from put music on another device

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does every game need DLC?

Can it not just stand on it's own, as a complete and singular work of art.

Last edited:

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
I agree 100% about NG+, the game is begging for it. Though I don't want any DLC for it. It's complete as it is.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Not every game gets post launch support. Usually because it wont end up being profitable

Nov 8, 2017
Things cost money and they determined it wasn't worth it?

I played through the game twice and feel it's pretty complete. Not sure what they could bring in as DLC.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England

Maybe playing mp3s using the media player via USB?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Never say never but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I remember Dusk Golem saying it underperformed quite a bit so if that's true then dont expect much in the way of future updates.

That said I would have expected New Game plus to be included in the base game anyway.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NG+ would kinda destroy the experience. Going from the first area with all the shit gear to the endgame is what made it so exciting and amazing.