• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
RE5 (Flashback)- Jill is K.I.A. (Return Later)
RE6 - Piers and whole his command on Edonia & Lanshiang
RE Vendetta - A Whole Mexican SWAT and 1 his command.
RE7 - a whole his command.

Well, The least Sheva&Jessica is Okay.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
To quote Carla from RE6:
"Still haven't had enough, huh? Even after losing all your men -- again? With your track record I gotta say, I'd hate to be a member of your team, Chris."

Well, The least Sheva&Jessica is Okay.

It seems you have a chance of survival alongside Chris only if you're a woman. Men are basically doomed.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Secretly he is killing off all of B.S.A.A so he can take over as head of Umbrella.

All according to keikaku

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OiVbFKpA.gif

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I'm going to quote one of the best quotes from the Halo Expanded Universe: "Never jump into a a foxhole with a Hero. Heroes tend to get everyone else killed, and became a legend for the single act of surviving"

Which is exactly what Chris (and many other game characters for that matter) does

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
They wanted to see what new form he'd take on each time.

Unfortunately seeing that new form dooms almost everyone involved.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's safe to assume that squads getting wiped is more common than you think,life expectancy for that job must be really low tbh.
It's not something that only happens with his teams,dude would've been demoted a long time ago if he was the only one with casualties.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I was just replaying Not a Hero for RE7 and it's funny how uttelry incompetent he is on that mission. He gets contantly outsmarted by Lucas, fails to rescue his squadmates, fails to get Lucas alive and destroy hardware full of potential data.

In his defense, this was a DLC that reintroduced Umbrella as a anti-bioterrorism group and had anti-bow weapons named after the worst bioterrorist ever. Stupidity was running high there.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's impressive how he was the only one to lose his partner in RE 6

Also in RE Vendetta he's leading the most incompetent anti-zombie squad. It's pretty hilarious

Like they're doing the whole "what's wrong little boy covered in blood" thing

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
He is among the first survives of the original zombie outbreak,and has fighting them since.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Because he had been trough so many revisions that nobody recognised him in each installment.

This is actually... False. Other than RE7 DLC.

Someone has a side-by-side comparison chart of all his renditions side by side in chronological order, and the reality is, he was never actually redesigned. He just became progressively more and more Roided up with each chronological appearance. His RE5 appearance still has several common characteristics with his Code Veronica appearance.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
He did make sure everyone was ok in revelations 1. So that is a thing. But yes, chris uh, chris loses team mates

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
this is why chris's look changes every other game, you won't know it's him until it's too late

Boya

Jan 1, 2018
Cause it's entierly possible those are the outliers of the in universe decade of him being one of their best field agents?
And outside of him doubling down on chasing Carla in Lanshiang I fail to see how those situations whould have resolved diferently/better with someone else in his stead.

Oct 25, 2017
In a BOW outbreak you stand a chance with Chris around
The only Bravo Team member survived because of Chris help.
Claire survived because of Chris
Jill was rescued by Chris
Wesker was defeated by Chris
Chris and Piers defeated that world class BOW
Josh survived with Chris and Sheva's help

Leon is there for 2 city outbreaks and only saves women he has the hots for and an important girl related to the outbreak
His partner turns evil
Mike gets shot down
Louis gets killed
President gets killed during his watch.
(And most of those were during badass super agent Leon time)

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Leon is there for 2 city outbreaks and only saves women he has the hots for and an important girl related to the outbreak
His partner turns evil
Mike gets shot down
Louis gets killed
President gets killed during his watch.
(And most of those were during badass super agent Leon time)

Don't forget the survivors in the church - they died because Leon and Helena just had to open those damn door.

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
Because it's RE and making sure that anything actually makes sense if you think about it for more than a couple of seconds probably wasn't anyone's priority when making the games, especially the over the top batshit insane trilogy that is RE 4 to 6.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I just realized, we need a Chris VS Hunk game where they try to kill each other while also sort of bonding over the fact that everyone around them dies. Could be fun.

But yeah, building on some of the recent talk about how RE6 is way too long, I honestly think you could have improved that game by removing Chris's campaign entirely. Leon's campaign is about dealing with the main villain behind the outbreak, Jake's is dealing with finding a cure, and Ada shows the "behind the scenes" events of the incident (except not really). Chris, on the other hand...just kind of fails at all his missions and gets people killed. I think he's only there so Capcom could use those Leon VS Chris scenes in all the marketing.