• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Fashion companies make trousers/pants.

Fashion companies make dresses/skirts.

Fashion companies make handbags/purses.

You won't buy their handbags if your normal clothes are adequate for holding keys, phones and purses in.

Oct 27, 2017
Dob_uasU0AAAetZ.jpg
I want her whole outfit.

Seriously.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
My dudes you clearly haver never worn women's pants. Those shit pockets can hardly even carry keys without being uncomfortable.

Pant makers don't make proper pockets on women's pants because they want to outline the butts/legs and baggy enough pockets (read: pockets that are actually useful for carrying anything bigger than a clump of tissues or a keycard) go against that.

I use a purse but I'd rather not have to. It's just a necessity.

Also this
This is the correct response. I don't know a lot of women who don't ever want pockets (why wouldn't we want pockets for god's sake?) and the choice is often made for us. I have a pair that looked like there are pockets but when I wore them I realized they were fake. Wtf is that a thing?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Fanny packs are back tho

which just brings up the question of why do women wear tight pants?

Seems way more practical to get looser pants so you can stuff your pockets, so you don't have to carry a purse.

Nobody is going to stop you if you want to wear cargo shorts, jnco jeans, or elephant pants. But some people like looking a certain way in their clothes, they want their clothes to reflect or enhance certain features of their body, and so some clothes are designed for fit what might be called a "fashion sense" and not utility.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As a woman, we want pockets. We hate that our pants don't have functional pockets. It took forever to get pockets in dresses to be a standard feature and it's taking even longer to get regular pockets on pants.

The clothes industry decided that women shouldn't have pockets, not women lol

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, what is up with those jean leggins that have no pockets in the back? Those never sat well with me, surely I can't be the only one?

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
Just buy men's pants in your size?
Or are we saying that the need is for pants that show off a womans ass as well as having pockets? I dun get it. My wife wears guy jeans all the time, 'cause she likes pockets.
As mentioned by another poster, women's hips are a thing that exists. Buying men's pants works for women who have a figure approximating that of the men for whom those pants are designed, or, put another way, women who are less hourglass shaped. Women whose hips and legs are less pronounced can get away with wearing men's pants, but someone like my girlfriend whose waist may be roughly the same size as mine but whose hips and legs are much, much bigger than mine could not in a million years fit into even one of my pant legs. Men's pants are not an alternative for curvy or hourglass shaped women.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
My SO shops for pants based on the pockets, there have been many times when she goes to wear a pair of older pants and the pockets can't even hold a quarter of her cell phone and she doesn't like carrying around a purse or bag. It seemed like an odd design choice until reading some of the comments that make it a bit more clear it's to buy that companies bags or have the pants shaped a certain way.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Fanny packs made a comeback. I've never worn one but they just look so damn useful.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
So they're forced to buy handbags and other bags. Womens fashion completely aboloshishs convience. It sucks becuase I can have about 5 pockets on my jeans and my gf has one on the back that's a fake fucking pocket.

WHY EVEN PUT A FAKE POCKET ON THE BACK?! JUST MAKE IT A BLOODY REAL ONE!

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Is this just a common thing in my area? Cause most women I know don't have pockets.
I don't know we're you live, but here in the USA the most common pants women were are jeans, so tight most of the time I doubt they can get there hands in the pockets but still they have pockets, the second most common pants are skin tight yoga pants and most of those even have at least one pocket.

Deleted member 56909

User requested account closure
Banned
May 21, 2019
underwater
I mean it's not like we don't want pockets one of the biggest complaints is the lack of designers making them. I have a rare gem of a skirt that actually has pockets and it's like my prized possession.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This woman I'm dating informed me about this a few weeks ago. I had no idea that most of women's jean pockets/pant pockets were fake and non functional unlike pockets on men's jeans which actually are real pockets

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Just spoke with my wife and first thing she said was "But my pants have pockets..."

The I asked if they were like my pockets. She was like "No, they are smaller. Not sure why though."

We may have stumbled upon the greatest injustice of our time. Big Purse is keeping proper pockets from my wife's jeans.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not like we don't want pockets one of the biggest complaints is the lack of designers making them. I have a rare gem of a skirt that actually has pockets and it's like my prized possession.

I've been ordering special-treat dresses/skirts from eshakti.com, they do custom-fitting for $10 extra on any price and a lot of their items have sensible pockets (Check the descriptions though, not all do!).

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Pockets are extra fabric and they need to save on that fabric to charge more from them and make higher profits per square foot

This is a industry that repurposed pregnancy pants while also tearing down the sweatpants market

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Most women's pants seem to be form fitting, so pockets aren't terribly useful.
I guess it's preferable to be stylish than have a nice practical pocket. Bugs me when I have to hold my girlfriend's wallet because it doesn't fit in her pants and she won't carry a purse.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My jeans have pockets. Usually pretty small ones though, can't even fit my phone. Some of the fancier pants either have teeny tiny unusable pockets or straight up fake ones!

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Nowadays yoga pants and dresses are getting pockets and it's the greatest.
Some days I wanna keep the purse at home.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
As a woman who hates purses and at most, will use a shoulder bag, this design decision infuriates me. The one time I tried and searched for some men's pants, the cuts were way too long, and just had a weird shape in general. I currently own one pair of pants with actual pockets, and I wear them often for that reason.

I hope I can find some actual decent fitting pants with real pockets again.

Oh, and yeah, simply buying men's pants is not a solution. Women tend to have a larger hip to waist ratio, and men's pants aren't going to be cut with that in mind, obviously. Women who dislike using purses will just have to suffer, or use fannypacks. Fucking sucks.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I assume so that my fiance can keep forcing me to carry her keys/phone/chapstick/food/bicycle and whatever else uncomfortable crap she has in my pockets when we go out? In fact...this thread gives me an idea.

I think I need to start wearing women's pants.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
My girlfriend always complained about never having pockets. She found a pair with pockets. Wore them once and never again because she thinks the pockets make her hips look chunky...

So now I have to carry all her shit. 😩

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I assume so that my fiance can keep forcing me to carry her keys/phone/chapstick/food/bicycle and whatever else uncomfortable crap she has in my pockets when we go out? In fact...this thread gives me an idea.

I think I need to start wearing women's pants.
Haha yep same here. Half the shit in my pockets are never my own. I always hear "I'm going to leave my purse, put this in your pocket". People shit on cargo shorts but god damn do they hold a lot of my wife's shit.