• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Kevin Feige said the MCU focuses on respecting the source material, so why doesn't the arrowverse do that? Why are characters like Black Canary and Wally West f*cked over?

anamika

May 18, 2018
Kevin Feige said the MCU focuses on respecting the source material, so why doesn't the arrowverse do that? Why are characters like Black Canary and Wally West f*cked over?

It's the CW. They write shows based on fandom response and twitter. Felicity/Olicity elicits squees and a million tweets about how cute she is etc.? Kick out BC and make Felicity the main female lead. Fanservice. Thay's just how it is.

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Which Arrowverse Character belongs in the Dragon Ball Z Universe
[/QUOTE]
Nah, that's fanfic levely dumb

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Unfortunately expecting a lowest-common-denominator network TV adaptation to be completely comic-accurate is only a recipe to leave yourself disappointed.

It's different because it's a different re-telling. Marvel's not perfect with their source material by any means either; different adaptations require different elements.

I'm glad we didn't have to sit through Thanos trying to bone Death on the silver screen

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
fFXFdLm.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Comparing how DC does things to Marvel

DC is a comic book publisher. they have no say on what goes on with TV production.

Unfortunately expecting a lowest-common-denominator network TV adaptation to be completely comic-accurate is only a recipe to leave yourself disappointed.

It's different because it's a different re-telling. Marvel's not perfect with their source material by any means either; different adaptations require different elements.

I'm glad we didn't have to sit through Thanos trying to bone Death on the silver screen

I wanted that. I also wanted to see the cosmic beings come in and fight Thanos.

Why did DC choose the CW?

they didn't choose anything.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Conforming to the CW formula + budget + time + creative liberty + being a bit restricted with what they can actually use (like no Batman or Harley Quinn or having to get rid of Deadshot).

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
why is DC Comics called DC Comics

wouldn't that be Detective Comics Comics

Status
Not open for further replies.