• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you like a new Warhawk for PS4?

• Hell yea!

Votes: 218 48.9%
  • Hell Naw!

Votes: 228 51.1%

• Total voters

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Warhawkboxart.jpg

Fam. A new entry in the Warhawk (not Starhawk) would absolutely kill it, if it were to release today.
The game was amazing and a few steps from being a full BR game.

Planes, tanks and automobiles. Air combat, ground combat, great controls, ..

Why? Why wouldn't they revisit this classic game? Why wouldn't they? I need answers and if there ever were a campaign for to re-release a game, this should be it.

If you haven't played it, you were probably still playing Gears, and possibly missed out. This game was dope.
What do yall think?

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
I know right? At least Microsoft are finally realizing the potential of Battletoads. Smh get it together Sony.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or GoW series remaster
Demon's Souls remaster
Socom remaster
Resistance remaster collection
Sly collection
Motorstorm collection
Puppeteer remaster
Etc etc

Damn it Sony...

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Or GoW series remaster
Demon's Souls remaster
Socom remaster
Resistance remaster collection
Sly collection
Motorstorm collection
Puppeteer remaster
Etc etc

Damn it Sony...
And yet some people say Sony would rather resell us remastered. Where the fuck are these remasters SORNY!!! I'll mail you my wallet for a demons souls remaster.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
One of my favorite multiplayer experiences of all time. The game never got old and it was always hectic and fun to play.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Counterpoint - It wouldn't.

The brand doesn't have a ton of name recognition, and would struggle to stand out from the dozens of Battle Royale options sure to hit the console over 2019.

Whittaker

Jun 21, 2018
Different as it might be (and I never got into it like I did Warhawk), from Sony's perspective, they did revisit it by making Starhawk...which failed in the marketplace.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Talking about leaving money on the table... where's my Socom reboot in the same vein as Rainbow Six: Siege? They could easily compete in that overlooked market.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I would like them to do so but I also think it wouldn't be as well-received as implied in this thread. And I would like to see first a new Colony Wars title.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
They could make a BEST OF PS3 collection. Motorstorm, Resistance and Warhawk. Those were good days.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
Remake Warhawk with slightly better graphics but more players per match. Bring back MAG. Those will be cheap titles to remaster, I think.

Bring MAG and Warhawk, PS4 or PS5 instant ps5 purchase.

jackissocool

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
Counterpoint - It wouldn't.

The brand doesn't have a ton of name recognition, and would struggle to stand out from the dozens of Battle Royale options sure to hit the console over 2019.
I unfortunately think this is true. I would be 100% on board with a new Warhawk in the vein of the GOAT, but I don't think it would be very successful.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Would it?

Like I love Warhawk and consider it among my top five, best multiplayer games of all time but I mean

would it?

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
are people aware what the risks of financing multi million dollar videogams are

DOATag

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, eh?
This topic doesn't really say how the game would be successful in a very competitive and overly burden multiplayer shooter market, the op just says how much he loved the past game. Unfortunately love for a game doesn't equal mass market appeal and isn't enough of a reason to enter this market with a new entry.

How does Sony validate the cost, when they have to compete with the likes of world of tanks/planes/warships, warthunder, armored warfare, hybrid warfare, fortnight, pubg, call of duty, battlefield, and all of the other shooters. There is only so much player base to go around and so much time. How do you compete and draw in a player base? The Warhawk name isn't enough

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I'd absolutely love a new Warhawk on PS4, or even a remaster for a reasonable price. You can't get by on name alone, but thankfully Warhawk was a damn good game to begin with. I say the market is clearly ok with third person online shooters and Warhawk could be a welcome first-party addition to the mix.

Split-screen 4 player venturing online, asking buddies for air support while I did jeep runs for the flag... it was such a specific moment in time for video games. The balance of that game, the scale of the maps, the variety of weapons and vehicles, and the sheer fun of it all... it was the ultimate army men in a sandbox type of shooter.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be interested in a new game, can't say I'd jump in for a remaster. Same as the other ps3 games.
If a new Puppeteer game got announced and it was just a remaster of the first game I'd be very disappointed lol.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Sony has awesome IPs - warhawk, puppeteer, etc they have so many and they just keep on adding.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
To be fair to Starhawk, it had a pretty cool campaign and was, in some respects, ahead of the Fortnite curve when it comes to the build and battle stuff.

Probably too early, or maybe just too "cartoony" looking for the market circa 2012. I loved it.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I think it would do a lot better these days.

Back then, and online only team-based shooter for console was not that well accepted. Also, Sony was shitty at marketing all their games.

The game is pretty much timeless. Truly excellent design all around. They should remaster it and bring it back.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Warhawk was one of the best multiplayer games of last-gen. I'd love to see a remaster on the PS4, but I don't think it'll happen.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting on MAG 2
Yes I know Zipper is no longer active. Let a guy dream

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
This would be a good game to revive as a gaas. I would like to see them do so at the start of next gen.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
As much as I'd personally play it, I'm not convinced money is being left on the table.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
I assume that there are only so many development teams that Sony can tell what to do, and they all are probably making Sony more money and more reliable sales than a new Warhawk would.

Obviously if they just had unlimited developmental resources then they could just make every game everyone wants, though you could argue that they wouldn't be maximizing profits as well because they'd be cannibalizing themselves a bit.