• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
That's fucked up. Dude should be in jail for life.

edit: oh. He died. But what about the other friends?

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
The incident involved some big time street guys that actually walked away clean from the entire ordeal. There are accounts of this dude using women to shake down other people. Same dude eventually ordered the hit on Pac in the NYC quad studio shooting to teach him a lesson. Guy was eventually deported from the US.

There's a reason why the major charges in the case never stuck.

He was definitely guilty of surrounding himself with a lot of shady individuals

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
There was a lot of really explicit and gross music at that time. Its fucking crazy to think that I used to listen to shit like It Aint No Fun from Doggystyle, when now it is obvious that is a song about gang rape. Its crazy how it was glorified and glamorized.

I don't know what the fuck was wrong with me that I used to listen to and enjoy that music as a teenager.

OP
OP
MazeHaze

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
The incident involved some big time street guys that actually walked away clean from the entire ordeal. There are accounts of this dude using women to shake down other people. Same dude eventually ordered the hit on Pac in the NYC quad studio shooting to teach him a lesson.

Cool, so youre saying your vast insider knowledge means the girl is a big liar. Noted

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Huh, never knew about this. I've only ever been exposed to his music through friends and never really dug into his personal shit.When I learn some morally repugnant things about musical artists I enjoy (ex. Bowie), it does make me think less of them but I continue to listen and enjoy their music unabashedly. Less so for actors and comedians weirdly enough.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No one cakes about Takeshi and Mike Tyson was literally in movies and had his own cartoon

People are apologists over rapists as long as they do a thing they like

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
The incident involved some big time street guys that actually walked away clean from the entire ordeal. There are accounts of this dude using women to shake down other people. Same dude eventually ordered the hit on Pac in the NYC quad studio shooting to teach him a lesson. Guy was eventually deported from the US.

Who are you talking about?

defiant04

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Cool, so youre saying your vast insider knowledge means the girl is a big liar. Noted

OP, not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this thread. People who fuck with pac and enjoy his music will continue to do so. You're not change any minds here. I'm merely offered an opinion with no sources to speak of. People who really care are going to do their own research.

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017

You don't need to make a note since you've quoted me.

I stand by what I posted.

I've read countless books, articles, and testimonies on the ordeal. I'm just saying there's a lot more information out there then the single article you've posted. I never said she wasn't a victim. Don't get it twisted.

Last edited:

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I thought everyone knew this. That clip of him outside the courthouse where he declares his innocence/tears into journalists was somewhat viral a few years back.

Sevacro

Oct 4, 2019
Op I don't get your point. Are you asking for people to stop listening to his music or what? 2pac was convicted and did his sentence for the crime. Of course people should be reminded of the fact if they are talking about 2pac the person, but they are also free to listen to his music if they like.
Same way that nobody cares that Chris Brown beats women.
nobody?

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
Tupac was two different people. Both an incredible artist and a giant piece of shit. People are not readily effected by the piece of shit part and only remember the artist part. Especially considering he's been dead for over two decades.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we cared back then. He went to prison for it and served time. It's not like he skated by and avoided all punishment. What more are we supposed to ask for?

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
The same reason people still listen to music that use derogatory terms and the n-word. They don't care morally.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because he's dead, it happened a long time ago (at a time when it was easier to cover this shit up), and because the woman in question was a person of color of (to the media) no importance. And because people love his music and the good he stood for.

I'm a 90's kid who's really plugged into this stuff, and I often forget about it myself. And while it wouldn't hurt for more people to be aware of it, I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I was gonna start telling people to turn down Only God Can Judge Me so that I might inform them of his actions for our discussion and introspection.

The same reason people still listen to music that use derogatory terms and the n-word. They don't care morally.

If you're seriously comparing people of color using the word "nigga" to people pardoning rapists, you're out of your fucking depth.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
the same reason no one talks about diddy and his shit
it was a different time. alot of these happened before the internet so they kinda were easier to sweep under the rug.
It wasn't that different of a time. It was on MTV news everyday and in the papers.

edit: i can't believe i just typed mtv news, that totally use to be a thing.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have people on this very forum that STILL slob all over Kanye West, buy all his shit, keep giving money to him, and ignoring all the harmful shit he's done.
Just look at any thread about his music here at ERA it's full of "oh man just bought 3 copies of his new album".

Nov 30, 2017
He served his time. Unfortunately he was the only one that did.

Then he got shot up for it.

He died with just $10,000 in his bank account.

How much more punishment you want?

Last edited:

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was Tupac ever tried for his alleged crimes?
He was not convicted for rape. He was convicted of sexual assualt for groping her butt, which he always admitted iirc.
That's fucked up. Dude should be in jail for life.

edit: oh. He died. But what about the other friends?
The other people were real street dudes. IIRC, they did not get in trouble and Shakur alleged at least one of them (Haitian Jack) was a government informant. Shakur always claimed his innocence and blamed them as the more culpable parties. He was shot for this.

This is how it went at the time for those in the know.
Who are you talking about?
Haitian Jack and A-Team affiliates. Pac was rolling with the real gangsters behind Badboy at the time (or the gangsters extorting Badboy according to Pac).

Damien1928

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Victim blaming about sexual assault over a series of posts
I don't believe he did it, she performed oral sex on him in a club days before.

Tupac said he was arrested for touching her buttocks, even that he said wasn't true.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I used to call him "convicted anal rapist Tupac" to get a rise out of people and make people question their hero worship but I backed off when I was told his prosecution may have been unfair.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
I mean, we cared back then. He went to prison for it and served time. It's not like he skated by and avoided all punishment. What more are we supposed to ask for?

And this happened 20yrs ago.

I'm not sure what the OP actually wants to accomplish here. To Cancel 2Pac? To shame people who listen to his music?

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): disingenuous and inflammatory commentary surrounding sexual assault, inappropriately blaming recidivism on victims speaking out
No one cakes about Takeshi and Mike Tyson was literally in movies and had his own cartoon

People are apologists over rapists as long as they do a thing they like
They both served their time. The internet wants to cast someone away forever because of a past wrong but stuff like that is partly why recidivism rates are so high. Tupac served his time. Mike Tyson served his time.

Damien1928

Oct 27, 2017
I mean even if she did do that days before, that doesn't give you the green light for life.

I didn't say it does give future consent, but she exhibited some questionable behaviour, dress up like a policeman Im gonna think your a policeman.

Oral sex with Tupac and in front of a full club, later she is raped by people that are in 2pacs company, they'd be aware of her reputation from days earlier, I'm not saying she wasn't raped, but it's easily to believe 2pac was the fall guy.

Sues the guys with 2pac = nobody cares, there not famous or wealthy

Sues 2pac = $

Let it be known that the woman was introduced to Tupac through Jimmy Henchman, who would later be accused by Tupac for his shooting.