• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
No nipples:
1bSC8iL.jpg

No nipples:
YyrIKFb.jpg

Subtle nipples (Sorry, couldn't find a higher quality pic; Here's a video link):
7DVSJ9i.jpg

What is Disney getting at? Nipples are evil? That can't be, because another film from the Disney Renaissance, The Little Mermaid, features the stern and flawed, but ultimately benevolent King Triton, who has perhaps the most pronounced nipples in the Disney animation canon since Fantasia.

yrkAmEV.jpg

Perhaps, the real suggestion is that nipples equal power, but this would raise the question as to why Genie still has none and yet the meek firewalker does.

What's your take, Era? What do you think they were trying to get at?

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
More realistic features are usually meant to signify that you're meant to take something more seriously. You're supposed to take Jafar Genie as a serious threat.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Genie magically removed his and Aladdin is too poor to afford nipples

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
there's a condition where people grow nipples elswhere like their shoulder or butt or wherever. that's what genie and aladdin had

it was in the Aladdin novelization

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
had to reference my sources

I thought this was going to be a "Roger Rabbit" type situation, where a sneaky animated snuck in some (I assumed under clothes) nipples for a frame or two. But instead this was more of a "Princess Elise has nipples" situation, where it turns out to all be fan-made in the end.
367aa8ef37b33754d0dff33f310c2904.jpg

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
What is Disney getting at? Nipples are evil? That can't be, because another film from the Disney Renaissance, The Little Mermaid, features the stern and flawed, but ultimately benevolent King Triton, who has perhaps the most pronounced nipples in the Disney animation canon since Fantasia.
You can't judge the logic of how to define evil in a movie by the standards of another movie. In Aladdin nipples are evil. In the little mermaid they (probably) aren't.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
because nipples are evil? I haven't met one evil person who didn't have nipples

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Aladdin and Genie are supposed to sell toys, what child would dare play with a toy that had nipples?

King Triton and Jafar are not there to sell toys (was there even a Triton toy in the 90s? Has there ever been a Genie Jafar toy?).

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Aladdin and Genie are supposed to sell toys, what child would dare play with a toy that had nipples?

King Triton and Jafar are not there to sell toys (was there even a Triton toy in the 90s? Has there ever been a Genie Jafar toy?).
But Really Really Big Man is clearly designed by committee for merchandising

gv4dlMJ.jpg

Too bad the man didn't want us to get a toy of such an icon.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Different characters in the same cartoons usually have different lead animators.
Just to expand on this a little, it would seem that Andreas Deja was the character designer/supervising animator on King Triton, and the supervising animator on Jaffar (not Aladdin, nor the Genie). He also worked on Hercules, and Herc has nipples, so Andreas is presumably just the kind of guy who draws nipples.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
i'm trying so hard but i can not find where the nipples are supposed to be here

Xemnas89

Aug 28, 2019

I had a genie jafar toy so they did exist. Not sure about toy nips though.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Definitely should have used one of his wishes on nipples.