• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Broadly dismissing the importance of discussing social injustices, history of bans for doing the same
I joined Resetera to get away from the drama and shit talkers on another site. Early days things were good here closer community but lately every single post is About someone's political or ideology being forced down my throat.

Can't we have a gaming forum without all this? Real life sucks games are not real they are supposed to be an escape.The designers creative story played out. Why does it have to have A,B,C or it's racist , homophobic, or something else?

why can't games just be games. Why can't we just discuss the games for what they are not not turn everything into a war??

Im at a loss for why everyone here constantly has an issue with everything

why can't people have different opinions with labels being tossed around and people trying to cancel you out?

where is live and let live anymore??

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah man why won't people just leave racists and homophobes alone?!

You for real on this, OP?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Shitty people being shitty people deserves to be talked about and they deserve to be exposed.

It's not like after the Ubisoft drama there won't be an Assassin's Creed Valhalla OT to talk about the game in.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why can't games just be a security blanket i wear all the time even on the internet

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Not everything is. Food threads are pretty apoliical. Of course you'd have to deal with Era's taste in Fast Food but

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
everything is political
you just dont see it because youre too used to the status quo

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
Nearly everything worth a damn is political. You can try to ignore it if you want on the gaming side, but it's something you're going to have to live with since it affects everyone and everything.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Well, everything is political, and therefore it should be discussed constantly. As you know, the most important things to talk about always take precedence in any conversation; thus, the end state and ideal state is talking about nothing else since otherwise there is something more important to bring up.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there are loads of things on this and every website that aren't political, if you can't find them or you're so offended by seeing anything political it definitely says more about you than it does the places you frequent.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
no I'm talking about games not anything else I don't feel for any of those assholes.
Can you provide an example of what you're complaining about because otherwise this just sounds whiny
there are loads of things on this and every website that aren't political, if you can't find them or you're so offended by seeing anything political it definitely says more about you than it does the places you frequent.
Also this

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
CsVRjl3.jpg

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i've totally been able to browse this site without having any of that "forced down my throat". sounds like a you problem

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's politics in everything. In all forms of art. In all walks of life. It's important to understand that.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
OP got dogpiled in the thread on the US Army's skeevy use of Twitch and is venting.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Not everything is. Food threads are pretty apoliical. Of course you'd have to deal with Era's taste in Fast Food but
Food threads can be apolitical, but there is plenty of politics in them. See topics like appropriation, cultural assimilation, and who gets to define food as authentic.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Because politics affect every aspect of our lives, therefore everything is political.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was with you at the beginning of the OP. Life is tough and we all need a break from time to time to not be overwhelmed by how terrible things are. Where you went next is where you lost me. We identify that bad and the wrong so we can stamp it out and be better. When it's gone you won't have to hear about it anymore.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Not wanting to talk about politics is a political statement, congrats OP you played yourself

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
1) Nothing's being forced on you, you can leave the site whenever you want.

2) Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is political. Learn to live with it

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure people like you have no problem with all those war games where you play as white people shooting middle Eastern people.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Everything vitally important in life has a political nature to it. You can't ignore it. This is your reality, OP. It's better to just accept it, adapt and get involved, as the more we ignore politics, the worse it could be for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.