• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
Because KOTOR I and II have some of the best stories in gaming.

I'm still chasing that high of discovering...that. You know what I'm talking about if you've played KOTOR. Plus, HK-47.

Then in KOTOR II Kreia grooms you along the way only for you to find out..."that" about her. Also, Darth Nihilus is cool af.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sales potential doesn't factor into what I want. But.... EAware can't handle KOTOR so I wouldn't want them to touch it. Force unleashed seems like something they might not fuck up.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
Im with you OP!
I don't care about the Star Wars Franchise in any way but I liked TFU 1&2, the emphasis on the physics was quite fun. Good mindless fun.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
I am reeling from covid in bed right now. Wife is sick too. Kids are as well, and they are so loud, and I just hurt so much. 3h sleep tonight. Cant just relax and rest cause of the two kids.
But this OP, it's the worst thing of my day.

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Fallen Order did Force Unleashed better than Force Unleashed, and you can expect a sequel. I won't say that there's not room for multiple Star Wars hack 'n slash games, but diversifying is probably smarter, and KOTOR is still being talked about to this day - I mean they were literally released on iOS and Android, long after Force Unleashed was abandoned. I think you're wrong, if you're of the opinion that Force Unleashed would sell better than KOTOR, but we may never know.

Monodrone

Nov 1, 2017
Because Kotor is one of the best games ever...and this comes from someone who has never even seen a Star Wars movie.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because one was an amazing deep RPG with interesting characters, narrative arcs etc. and the other is a hack and slash action adventure game. Very different things.

Also it doesn't hold a candle to Kotor. Hell the Jedi Outcast and Academy games were far superior

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
KOTOR had an awesome story and was based far in the past so they had more freedom to do new things.

I also find the character design of the main character of the Force Unleashed to be offensively bland and boring.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Seriously tho everyone talks up kotor, when force unleashed is the game most casual fans care about.

bring back the homie Sam Witwer and let's go.

Why should I care what other people want? Should I root for a new FIFA rather than a new Bloodborne because the former sells better?

Drunk thread or am I missing something?

Edit:

and force unleashed is a better game

Then maybe ask a mod to close the thread and make another with that argument instead, because as it stands now, the title and premise is downright absurd.

Not that "you should be more excited for a new Force Unleashed because _I_ think it's a better game" is any less dumb, but at least it's honest.

Edit 2: Just saw the "TPM is better than ESB" bit.
EzQZlfa.gif

Last edited:

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
I we are talking star wars action games, Jedi Academy / Jedi outcast is what i want.

Maybe even above a new KOTOR.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I am reeling from covid in bed right now. Wife is sick too. Kids are as well, and they are so loud, and I just hurt so much. 3h sleep tonight. Cant just relax and rest cause of the two kids.
But this OP, it's the worst thing of my day.
In all seriousness I hope you and your family have a good recovery.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Force Unleashed is a good game like Shadow of Mordor is a good game.

Entertaining combat. Story that shits all over the lore and universe.

Kotors combat is dated sure, but it's story telling, characters and pretty much everything else is lightyears better

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
this seems less like a realistic argument and more of OT saber combat VS PT saber combat, because starkiller fights like PT jedi and Cal fights like OT jedi
Starkiller fights like a god of war character, not a SW character. His lightsabers literally stretch out like the chains of chaos for no reason other than emulating that style of combat. His choreography is so alien from how SW characters look and move that you'd think they never referenced the films at all.

HereticGrin

Feb 16, 2018
I played about 10 min of Force Unleashed and dropped it like a rock. KOTOR actually interests me, though I missed it back in the day. I have ZERO interest in a new Force Unleashed lol.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
KOTOR is one of the GOAT western RPGs. Give me that any day over another mediocre "white dude with a lightsaber" game.