• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Splitting the difference and getting "Star Wars: Maul Unleashed" to cover some of Maul's time between Clone Wars and Rebels could be fun. He could play very much like Starkiller did.

I would honestly rather Darth Maul and the Shadow Collective be the villains of Jedi Fallen Order 2. I don't think there's much for him to do in game during that time period. He's the leader of a large crime syndicate. He has people do his dirty work lol.

How about they do neither and bring back 1313 instead

Rework it into a Mando game and I'd be in.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously tho everyone talks up kotor, when force unleashed is the game most casual fans care about.
I ain't trying to play a lame GOW clone with a gary stu protagonist that no one questions with the most cynical fanservice references possible. On top of having lightsabers that behave more like bats than actual lightsabers.
7abg16d.gif

I want that authentic saber combat:
6R1YyNz.gif

Why would Sam Witwer go back to being that trash ass boring character WHEN HE'S FUCKING DARTH MAUL.

d9685e6be0ed410cecc06ccf2213c975d5bf7905.gif
Also this.

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like KotOR was a lightning in the bottle thing. I'd love a remake, but I don't see them topping the original.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Force Unleashed was the Phantom Menace to KOTOR's Empire Strikes Back.
This feels like it's right, lol.

I mean, I played Force Unleashed and enjoyed it enough to finish it, but I've never wanted to really play it again.

I've played through KoTor a few times and thinking I could use another playthrough soon because I wanna play it before playing 2.

Darkader

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
Loool OP you are hilarious if you think force unleashed can measure anywhere next to KOTOR.

I enjoyed force unleashed 1 completed it but it's nothing special.

kotor on the other hand is on my list of one of the best games of all time. Next to ocarina of time.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
Discounting a subjective difference in quality, character action games are a dime a dozen. In fact we just got one set in the Star Wars universe like a couple of years ago.

They don't make many games like Kotor anymore.

All of this should be pretty obvious, I don't understand the confusion.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Because I don't care about "sales potential" or whatever, I want to play a good game and I didn't think Force Unleashed was very good. The first game was an aggressively mediocre action game bolstered by the property. The second game was worse. I don't need another (I get the appeal and the potential though, so I don't begrudge those who do want it).

KotOR is a game I still enjoy today and I would love to see another entry or a remake with improved visuals and mechanics.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
"Why does everyone want a new entry to an incredible franchise, when a sequel to a mediocre one would garner more excitement."

KOTOR is one of the best WRPGs of all time, and KOTOR 2 only isn't quite there too because Obsidian were rushed and the story kinda falls off a cliff past a certain point as a result.

I don't give a shit about "sales potential", though in light of how well some WRPGs have sold the past decade I'm confused why you think a STAR WARS RPG wouldn't sell well.

Force Unleashed already has a successor, and it's a better game to boot.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Star Wars has a rich universe, it's not really that surprising that people tend to prefer the idea of a rich RPG where they can live in that world over the idea of a straightforward action game.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Tfu is an average action game with star wars slapped on.
Kotor transcends star wars and is arguably better than any other piece of star wars media. By setting it so far in the past the writers were able to make a story not saddled by Disney or Lucas arts or whoever owns the IP at the time.

KOTOR could have no star wars ties at all and still be an amazing game.

Limless

Jan 7, 2021
Personally I want a new Rogue Squadron, or a HD remaster collection. It'd be extra nice since I feel like the space combat is underutilised in modern Star Wars films. Although I haven't checked out any of the expanded media outside of the films yet (I.e. Mando, Clone Wars).

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Why would any of us care if a game of arguably the biggest movie franchise sells well?

Also Kotor was great, Force Unleashed was okay.

psionotic

May 29, 2019
I thought that the Force Unleashed was pretty terrible, sadly.

Luckily, it was also very short for a $60 single-player game.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I wouldn't mind if they made another game like Force Unleashed, but please never bring Starkiller back. Such a dumb character. Use literally any other. Darth Maul, maybe? Or someone from the High Republic era that just started?

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I want the game I want to play. I don't care about sales potential. I'm not an executive or stock holder, I want to play good games.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This is one of the worst opinions I've read here in a long time. Congratulations, OP.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Considering they made it so TFU is absolutely not canon I don't think they'll make another entry in the franchise.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Regardless of your opinion on the gameplay of KOTOR (I think it's better than FU), having a new single player Star Wars RPG would be a vastly more exciting prospect.

Oct 31, 2017
Force Unleashed was pure trash from both a story and gameplay stand point. Going from Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith/Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy into that tired, edge lord, sub-Tumblr-level fan-fiction dreck was gross.
"omg what if this guy is like so strong he can pull down Star Destroyers and beat up Luke Skywalker?"

OP you must have been 8 years old when that game came out to possibly think it had any redeeming qualities. Then again my brother was that age and barely a Star Wars fan and knew it was pure crap. And then comparing it to KOTOR? You're either more (tone)deaf than Helen Keller or a high-tier troll.

EDIT: btw the thread would have been way easier if you hadn't compared that game to one of the most well regarded Western RPGs in gaming. Then you could have just said, "haha, remember that game Force Unleashed, it was cool right?" then people who ironically like bad games in the same way movie fans ironically enjoy Manos the Hands of Fate could have jumped in here and high-fived you.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I couldn't give a shit about sales potential or excitement for other people. I care about my own. KOTOR is in my top game series ever so I'd like more of it. I'm desperate for more of it, frankly.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
It's gonna be called KotoR, but I fully expect it to play like an open world Force Unleashed.

There is no way to fuck they make it a hardcore rpg again. This is going to be full on action probably an Assassins Creed/Horizon clone and snazzy combat with your NOC team of AI flip flopping around beinf useless.
I honestly have no faith that this won't be shit.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
better is the wrong term. I grew up with prequels and was 7 when TPM came out with. Empire is the better move however I do put TPM above it. A New Hope is the goat tho.

A lot of us grew up with the prequels and we still acknowledge that they are garbage movies

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
KOTOR was regarded as the first decent Star Wars game in a long time and, arguably, the last. You generally want more of that.

I don't know if that was really true; Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy just came out around then. But it was definitely the first game that convinced people that maybe RPGs can work with Star Wars