• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BiohunterX

Oct 27, 2017
and force unleashed is a better game
V0l2ZSW.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I know why there isn't an actual new KOTOR but I'm surprised some indie studio didn't make a fake KOTOR. Give me a space rpg with a third person camera and some turn based combat.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
If we're just after pure sales, here's an easy one for you - a Bethesda-style open-world RPG where you play as a Jedi.

I'm now claiming ownership of this idea, you're on watch Disney, steal my idea and I'm coming for that ass!

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I feel like I see next to no love for Force Unleashed anywhere? It's a tech demo for tech that never caught on. Does anyone care about that story or characters?

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
One is a game more catered to gaming enthusiasts, the other a mass-marketed formulaic action game for the masses. Sure the latter would sell better, but it wouldn't be the better game (though I suppose that's impossible to judge at this point).

Like with movies: *random Marvel movie* would garner much more attention and excitement than the next film by David Lynch, but for me a Lynch film would be infinitely more valuable.

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
I think you are pretty alone in that assesment OP. I would love another Kotor, though I wonder how they are gonna do it with the mmo still around.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna lie a balls to walls Star Wars game that is crazy like The Force Unleashed would be something I wouldn't mind. They would obviously have to fix the issues that came with that game though.

Still tho I feel like they could add Starkiller in Kotor and reimagine his character. He had an interesting concept behind him, but the problem was the execution. A well executed Starkiller could have been really great imo.

Oct 27, 2017
Imo I think they're even in terms of peak popularity but KOTOR has had a bigger lasting impact. I don't remember anything about TFU story other than it was okay and predictable: whereas KOTOR's stories were more creative and had great supporting casts

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because KOTOR is miles better?

they aren't even the same genre, tf is this thread.

Mario Kart is likely to generate more sales potential than a new Obsidian WRPG but I still want the latter more.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We kind of have more Force Unleashed like games than Kotor games I'd say.

That said, if they'd make a high quality game where you get to crush tie wings and force push guys into the stratosphere etc. I wont say no.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Also if they are gonna do a reimagining of Kotor I wonder how they are gonna go about it because it would be a taunting task.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
KOTOR 3 would be a MUCH bigger deal than a new Force Unleashed game. It would also sell more. You are off your rocker, OP.

shadoclone

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
To me KOTOR would benefit from modern dev way more than Force Unleashed would, if we had to pick 1 of the 2. The KOTOR games as they stand are so so good, but a little hard to get into now with some of their dated mechanics and gameplay. Both would be awesome though, give Platinum (even though some here seem to hate them) a go at TFU, and Bioware another go at KOTOR.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My man played Deacon St. John. He's used to playing boring ass chars.

Yeah but if you have a choice of playing characters in the same universe why would you go back to Starkiller when you're Maul. Who can in theory can do some of the same extreme shit with the force.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a crazy thought. Maybe we prioritise quality over profit. Nuts right.

VoidCelestial

Oct 10, 2020
I loved the first Force Unleashed game. I thought it was an excellent game, and as a child it sent me hurtling into star wars fandom. The second though...we can just ignore that. It never needed a sequel and worked better as a standalone.

However, the KOTOR brand is on another level, and while the first KOTOR is a bit generic(Bioware formula in Star Wars), KOTOR II is timeless. Personally, I don't want another KOTOR game because I doubt it would be done well. SWTOR was the spiritually the sequel to KOTOR series and I do not want to go through that again...

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Force Unleashed fits any more. It was always so very non-canonical with those boss fights and whatnot and Lucasfilm obviously only wants games that'll fit it's narrative. A game along the lines of Knights of the Old Republic set during the High Republic, a "Knights of the High Republic" if you will, would be exactly the kind of thing Lucasfilm would want.

OP
OP
Shingi_70

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they're two of the best things to happen to Star Wars since Shadows of the Empire.

well last Jed for all it's issues gave us reylo so it's probably the best. Though personally I'd say Rebels is the top tier of Star Wars

This thread is just OP desperately trying to be funny and failing miserably.

You ever think someone just earnestly has a different opinion than you.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
To me, Unleashed is just a flashy hollow game. Kotor has substance.

There's not even a debate on wich i want more of.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to stand by the OP here. I really liked Force Unleashed and think it's a far better game than its given credit for.
Eh... used to think like that until I played it last year. It was a mess. Had to force myself to finish the damn game. Couldn't even find the will to play the DLC. As soon as the credits rolled I uninstalled it and never looked back.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
No it's not. Revenge of the Sith the videogame is even better than Force Unleashed,

Why would Sam Witwer go back to being that trash ass boring character WHEN HE'S FUCKING DARTH MAUL.

d9685e6be0ed410cecc06ccf2213c975d5bf7905.gif
Splitting the difference and getting "Star Wars: Maul Unleashed" to cover some of Maul's time between Clone Wars and Rebels could be fun. He could play very much like Starkiller did.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I don't want a new KOTOR. A new KOTOR would probably be really bad.

Just port/remaster the first two to modern hardware pls

Borgus

Apr 14, 2020
Toronto
I personally don't know a single Star Wars fan who would prefer FU over KOTOR. I'm not sure if I even know a single Star Wars fan who won't shutup about wanting a new KOTOR in general.